KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

A Question for the Atheists AND Christians *EDITED to include survey!*

Hi Atheists AND Christians,

I have a question for you.  Do you have any personal morals, values, and standards that you hold to in your life?  For example, do you strive to be honest?  If so, what inspires you to hold yourself accountable to your own morals?

Please take the short survey here.

Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Slavery was hardwired in the US Constitution, which is one of the reasons why consolidating power in a central government was not a good idea. If the states had retained their sovereignty under the Articles of Confederation, the slavocracy would have never been able to maintain the allegience of the 85% of white Southerners who did not own slaves and the agitation to phase out slavery would have come from within the South. Under the more decentralized Articles of Confederation the leisure-recreation oriented economy of the South, would have had a leveling effect on the more commercial North. Under the artificial North-South nation that was created under the Constitution, Southerners rallied to the defense of the slavocracy to defend their way of life against Northern aggressors. The South could have easily won their independence within a year, if they had followed Stonewall Jackson's strategy of destroying Northern infrastucture, but that would have meant "collateral damage", and this was not an honorable thing to them. Unfortunately, the Yankee mythmakers did not share their ethical values and had no compunction whatsover with rape, pillage and murder. The slaves might have been set free, which is debatable considering how wretched black pwople are, but now we have all become slaves. Most people don't realize this of course, which makes their slavery even worse, at least the slaves in the antebellum understood that they were slaves.
Rob said:
When the south wanted to continue on their evil path (slavery), they no longer deserved 10th amendment rights.

Steve Belttari said:

Slavery was hardwired in the US Constitution, which is one of the reasons why consolidating power in a central government was not a good idea. If the states had retained their sovereignty under the Articles of Confederation, the slavocracy would have never been able to maintain the allegience of the 85% of white Southerners who did not own slaves and the agitation to phase out slavery would have come from within the South. Under the more decentralized Articles of Confederation the leisure-recreation oriented economy of the South, would have had a leveling effect on the more commercial North. Under the artificial North-South nation that was created under the Constitution, Southerners rallied to the defense of the slavocracy to defend their way of life against Northern aggressors. The South could have easily won their independence within a year, if they had followed Stonewall Jackson's strategy of destroying Northern infrastucture, but that would have meant "collateral damage", and this was not an honorable thing to them. Unfortunately, the Yankee mythmakers did not share their ethical values and had no compunction whatsover with rape, pillage and murder. The slaves might have been set free, which is debatable considering how wretched black pwople are, but now we have all become slaves. Most people don't realize this of course, which makes their slavery even worse, at least the slaves in the antebellum understood that they were slaves.
Rob said:
When the south wanted to continue on their evil path (slavery), they no longer deserved 10th amendment rights.

This has to be the most hateful thing I have ever read from a so called "Christian person". You are have shown a complete disregard for an entire culture of people by this statement. This statement is also FALSE on almost ever level.
You state that people are now slaves and do not even know, yet you fail to explain this statement at all. You mean people work for a living ? Or maybe you feel that you are underpaid and some BLACK person make more then you so you are slave because the " wretched" person makes more then you?
Sir you clearly have no understanding of law, ethics , or rights. In your post you clearly have shown that you are an ignorant bigot who has an unhealthy fear of anything that does not look like you.
I am sure you are also one of the people that has a huge Southern Flag in the back of your Rusty Pickup Hiding your shotgun, sporting your mullet, drinking your beer, while you Sister/Wife is wearing her the "south will rise again T-shirt!" Pretty much correct. RIGHT.
See you should not make blanket comments like this should you.

An ignorant bigot? First time anyone has accused me of that. I'm not an academic writing for a professional journal and I'm not a demagogic broadcast journalist telling people what to believe, this is a discussion, prove to me that any of my assertions are wrong. When we get past that part of the discussion, I will go into more detail about how exactly we are enslaved. In the meantime, think about what Lord Acton said about the South losing the War, he said the South losing the War meant a loss of liberty for the United States in particular and a loss of liberty for the world in general. I bet that they never taught you that in government school.
Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

This has to be the most hateful thing I have ever read from a so called "Christian person". You are have shown a complete disregard for an entire culture of people by this statement. This statement is also FALSE on almost ever level.
You state that people are now slaves and do not even know, yet you fail to explain this statement at all. You mean people work for a living ? Or maybe you feel that you are underpaid and some BLACK person make more then you so you are slave because the " wretched" person makes more then you?
Sir you clearly have no understanding of law, ethics , or rights. In your post you clearly have shown that you are an ignorant bigot who has an unhealthy fear of anything that does not look like you.
I am sure you are also one of the people that has a huge Southern Flag in the back of your Rusty Pickup Hiding your shotgun, sporting your mullet, drinking your beer, while you Sister/Wife is wearing her the "south will rise again T-shirt!" Pretty much correct. RIGHT.

I could care less about having credibility with you. Who are you? Do you even have a credential? You make this statement before even giving me a chance teach you.
Rob said:
You called black people "wretched". You also said at least they understood they were slaves. Is that supposed to mean that slavery was ok because they knew their place? Ridiculous. You have lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.

S I am a black person that is who I can tell you we are not wretched. Ignorant Bigot like you are wretched. I really actually feel very sorry for you. I think that some where in your life you had a role model that was an ignorant Bigot and he was taught by an ignorant bigot and so on and so forth.
So lets talk about the south, the south was a terrorist organization that committed treason and they all should have been put to death according to law. Also the south supported other terrorist groups mostly the Ku Klux Klan, yet another group of ignorant bigots that I am sure you also support based on some perverse reason.
Sir( and I use that term loosely) you are all that is wrong with this country it is people like you that derail all the good people do in this country.

Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

Mike,
It seems to me that you might be somewhat of a bigot yourself, a cultural one that is. If I was to show your previous post to people who know me, they would get a chuckle out of it. Even if my life depended on it, I could not pretend to be a kick ass redneck. There is a well known axiom that says that the conquerers write the history books. Have you ever actually researched anything that you were not indoctrinated to believe? For starters, how about looking into free black militias that fought for the Confedracy. Anytime someone like yourself has a knee jerk reaction to anything that is not liberal PC, it is only further proof that you are being used. Not everyone gets to be a token Mike, it is black people who tell me to my face how wretched they are.

Mike M said:

S I am a black person that is who I can tell you we are not wretched. Ignorant Bigot like you are wretched. I really actually feel very sorry for you. I think that some where in your life you had a role model that was an ignorant Bigot and he was taught by an ignorant bigot and so on and so forth.
So lets talk about the south, the south was a terrorist organization that committed treason and they all should have been put to death according to law. Also the south supported other terrorist groups mostly the Ku Klux Klan, yet another group of ignorant bigots that I am sure you also support based on some perverse reason.
Sir( and I use that term loosely) you are all that is wrong with this country it is people like you that derail all the good people do in this country.

Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

What did I say negative I did not call anyone a redneck or wretched.
Now did I ever once say that Black did not fight for the South? What I do know is that over 160K black fought for their freedom with the Union. If memory serves over 12 of them received the medal of honor. How many medal of honors did the South give to there black soldiers? I think for once Steve some one has called you on your hate and fear of the African American race and you have to retreat much like the South did. Maybe that is why you have such connections with the First American Terrorists.
Also the fact that you are going to seat there and tell a bold face lie that black people you know tell you how wretched they are. Come on Steve REALLY! I think that is your Hate sneaking out.
Now can I ask you a simple question. What does the liberal PC comment have to do with anything? If you would have said Jews, Asians, Mexicans, etc were wretched I would have still called you and ignorant bigot. I am just looking for some reason in the world today that an adult that seems to have no mental defect or retardation cane think like a racist from the 1800?

Steve Belttari said:

Mike,
It seems to me that you might be somewhat of a bigot yourself, a cultural one that is. If I was to show your previous post to people who know me, they would get a chuckle out of it. Even if my life depended on it, I could not pretend to be a kick ass redneck. There is a well known axiom that says that the conquerers write the history books. Have you ever actually researched anything that you were not indoctrinated to believe? For starters, how about looking into free black militias that fought for the Confedracy. Anytime someone like yourself has a knee jerk reaction to anything that is not liberal PC, it is only further proof that you are being used. Not everyone gets to be a token Mike, it is black people who tell me to my face how wretched they are.

Mike M said:

Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

So it is not to big of a deal that free black men for Christian liberty. You are not calling me out on anything Mike, you don't know anything about me except what I send on these posts. I don't know anything about you. You have yet to actually respond intelligently about any of my assertions.
Mike M said:
Now did I ever once say that Black did not fight for the South? What I do know is that over 160K black fought for their freedom with the Union. If memory serves over 12 of them received the medal of honor. How many medal of honors did the South give to there black soldiers? I think for once Steve some one has called you on your hate and fear of the African American race and you have to retreat much like the South did. Maybe that is why you have such connections with the First American Terrorists.
Also the fact that you are going to seat there and tell a bold face lie that black people you know tell you how wretched they are. Come on Steve REALLY! I think that is your Hate sneaking out.
Now can I ask you a simple question. What does the liberal PC comment have to do with anything? If you would have said Jews, Asians, Mexicans, etc were wretched I would have still called you and ignorant bigot. I am just looking for some reason in the world today that an adult that seems to have no mental defect or retardation cane think like a racist from the 1800?

Steve Belttari said:

Mike,

Mike M said:

Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

What a difference a word can make! Tha Apostle Paul said in the 7th chapter of Romans: "O wretched man that I am, who will deliever me from this body of death?" All of humanity is "wretched" from this perspective. In the context of black emancipation in the United States, the slaves were not lawfully set free(manumission). That the leaders of a large scale criminal enterprise gave awards to a few tokens is irrelevent. This practice of black tokenism has continued to this day, but black people as a whole have been despitefully used and are indeed wretched. For me to believe otherwise I would have to abandon critical thought. I do not have discussions with idiots in cyberspace, you are going to have to come up to my level if you want to have a discussion with me.
Steve Belttari said:

So it is not to big of a deal that free black men for Christian liberty. You are not calling me out on anything Mike, you don't know anything about me except what I send on these posts. I don't know anything about you. You have yet to actually respond intelligently about any of my assertions.
Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Mike,

Mike M said:

Mike M said:

Steve Belttari said:

Rob said:

What a difference a word can make! Tha Apostle Paul said in the 7th chapter of Romans: "O wretched man that I am, who will deliever me from this body of death?" All of humanity is "wretched" from this perspective. In the context of black emancipation in the United States, the slaves were not lawfully set free(manumission). That the leaders of a large scale criminal enterprise gave awards to a few tokens is irrelevent. This practice of black tokenism has continued to this day, but black people as a whole have been despitefully used and are indeed wretched. For me to believe otherwise I would have to abandon critical thought. I do not have discussions with idiots in cyberspace, you are going to have to come up to my level if you want to have a discussion with me.

To believe your post one thing you have to do is remove yourself from Logic. You state that 1. The union was a large scale criminal enterprise. For this you have to affirm that the south in your logic was a non-criminal enterprise. (Which based on the Right that "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL", They supported an know Terrorist organization, etc. ) So that is flaw one I see with your explanation.
Logic Statement 2 This practice of black tokenism has continued to this day, but black people as a whole have been despitefully used and are indeed wretched. - Once again based on what? How are they being used? You have yet to even show a sliver of proof or truth in this statement. Now if you are saying that do to racist practices, and the fearful nature of man that minorities as a whole are kept down. Then maybe we can have a common agreement.
Logic statement 3- I do not have discussions with idiots in cyberspace, you are going to have to come up to my level if you want to have a discussion with me.- Now because I find it tough to have a rational discussion with a person that make irrational statements, then I have to come to your level I am not sure I can get that low. As a person that views each person as an equal until that person loses that right do to actions that they are directly responsible for. I find it hard to understand what level you are on, You quote scripture to hide your fear and hate. Maybe you do not view that way but I have to say that I have shared you view points and ideal with many people and they have all greeted me with the same response.

Now are you going to answer any of the question I asked you? I have no problem answering anything you have asked me. I have no problem telling you where I stand on anything you have yet to show me anything other then the fact that you stand tall until some one questions you then you resort to calling names and attempting to get on your high horse. I find this fun because it only increases my point that fear drives the bus in America today.

It seems to me that your hatred for the South blinds you to an alternative rendering of history. Jesus said not to cast your pearls before swine. Your insults have lowered me to your level, so it probably is not wise for me to continue to have a discussion with you. Mike M said:

To believe your post one thing you have to do is remove yourself from Logic. You state that 1. The union was a large scale criminal enterprise. For this you have to affirm that the south in your logic was a non-criminal enterprise. (Which based on the Right that "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL", They supported an know Terrorist organization, etc. ) So that is flaw one I see with your explanation.
Logic Statement 2 This practice of black tokenism has continued to this day, but black people as a whole have been despitefully used and are indeed wretched. - Once again based on what? How are they being used? You have yet to even show a sliver of proof or truth in this statement. Now if you are saying that do to racist practices, and the fearful nature of man that minorities as a whole are kept down. Then maybe we can have a common agreement.
Logic statement 3- I do not have discussions with idiots in cyberspace, you are going to have to come up to my level if you want to have a discussion with me.- Now because I find it tough to have a rational discussion with a person that make irrational statements, then I have to come to your level I am not sure I can get that low. As a person that views each person as an equal until that person loses that right do to actions that they are directly responsible for. I find it hard to understand what level you are on, You quote scripture to hide your fear and hate. Maybe you do not view that way but I have to say that I have shared you view points and ideal with many people and they have all greeted me with the same response.

Now are you going to answer any of the question I asked you? I have no problem answering anything you have asked me. I have no problem telling you where I stand on anything you have yet to show me anything other then the fact that you stand tall until some one questions you then you resort to calling names and attempting to get on your high horse. I find this fun because it only increases my point that fear drives the bus in America today.
We agree on something. Government needs to change.We are different on how/what will become of our government. I for one would be happy to stop the swinging back and fourth by starting to use Choice voting.

Look into it. Google Choice voting it is already spreading.

People don't for a candidates but agaist one. IMO thats what happened the last two major elections.

In 2008 people voted agaist the republicans this year they voted agaist Obama.

Steve Belttari said:

Believing that God is absolutely righteous in His dealings with men is still something that I struggle with. Jesus said that not everyone who says "Lord Lord" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. 1 Pet 4 vs 18 also says: "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?". The verdict is still out in how Christian of a country we are. When our political-economic-educational institutions align with God's purposes, I will be more prone to believe that we are. The legitimacy of the federal form of government under the Constitution rested on the power of the states to check federal power. When the South lost the War of Northern Aggression(1861-65) the 10th amendment died, and we have been in need of a new form of government since then. When "we the people" actually institute a new form of government to protect our God given inalienable rights, I will be more prone to believe that we are a Christian nation.

James said:
If thats the case every person in this Christian country will go to hell. God has a nasty habit of taking out the innocent alone with the sinners.

No worries the invisible pink unicorn in all her splendid invisible pinkness will save us all.Without jealousy ,no conditions just love.

Steve Belttari said:

I prefer to use the word disciple instead of Christian, because the word Christian has many negative images to people. Jesus said to go into the world and make disciples of all nations(peoples). When an atheist trys to proselytize people, he is doing something that is quite natural-except for being the wrong faith(idolatry). Paul, a disciple of Jesus Christ said: "Follow me as I follow Christ". Just because people are hypocritical and fail at something, doesn't mean that you have to. God will deal with people who lead His children astray, but on judgment day, no one is going to be able to use other people's failure as an excuse to reject the atoning work of Jesus Christ.

James said:
Steve Belttari said:
Man was created by God to worship Him, so idolatry is a serious offense against God. The Jews in the OT never did keep the law, but we are now under grace and have a ministry of reconciliation to bring men to God through Jesus Christ.

James said:
All gods including yours were all man made. It's pretty cool stuff to learn about the evolution of gods.Science is closing in fast on the survival instinct that became religion. Thats why both a monk a nun and a sagage trible person have the same part of the brain light up when praying. The brain don't know the difference. That's Cool stuff.

That brings up another point. Idolatry

“You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Yet most church are full of them. People place them around their necks hang them from the rearview mirror.O the evil of it all.LOL

It's like Christians say. " do as I say not as I do."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2021   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service