Replies

• I am the director for Angel Food Ministries at New Life Church. March was our first month. It was awesome to say the least. To find out more details Juanita you can check out www.angelfoodministries.com. If you know any churches throughout the US that you think may be interested I would be glad to talk to them. A monthly menu is given out to area in many ways. People order food and we even can take food stamps. They get a regular box of food for $30.00 and the value of it is $60.00. They also have senior convienience meals. 10 meals for 28 dollars that include dessert. They also get The Servant Magazine that shares testimonies and salvation with all. To check out April's menu go to http://www.angelfoodministries.com/host.asp?id=10345
    It is really a great outreach in todays economy. If you have any more questions would be glad to answer.
  • Our church has taken on Angel Food Ministries and quickly went past 700 units. We have used it as an outreach into the community and now have several new families in our church as a result of it. A couple people came to the Lord through Angel Food ministries. If you use the opportunity to look for minsitry assiciated with Angel Food, it is there. We use people who are trained as counselors to be ready when people want to talk. Also, we add our own literature to the units. Everyone takes home the gospel message.
  • For some reason this is posted in triplicate. Angel Food ministries is a food distribution ministry. Unlike the food pantry it is not income independent. Anyone can participate. Each month there is a preset menu and a selection of specials. The prices are discounted about half. Those who participate must purchase one of the basic menu's and have the option to add one or more specials. Prices run from $20 - $30 for each menu or special . I have used this when my freezer isn't maxed out with veggies. It is a good way to save on meat. The food is good. Of course some things are better than others. Some of the items are easily microwaved. Recent menu's have been more balanced than at first. Handy for those who need veggies as well as meat.
    I believe this ministry was started in Georgia and has spread across the US. It works through a network of churches who take and send in orders. There is a scheduled distribution day. The participating churches send people to pick up the orders from the nearest warehouse on distribution day. They then set up and distribute the food. It is policy to have a group of strong fellows available to help recipients carry their food back to the car, essential for some our older residents or women juggling young children.
This reply was deleted.