KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Recently someone told me that they thought that Christian are wimps. I wondered about that. And today I wonder even more.

When Paul was waiting for some friends in Athens, he was PROVOKED by what he saw around him. He immediately went to the synagogue and began to argue with the Jews. He went to the marketplace as well..

I have been on twitter a bit the last few days. I am provoked. Not only with groups like atheists, but also with Christians.

The following quotes are just a tiny sample of what the atheists are posting. These types of posts should be provoking us all!

@plushe The Collapse of Intelligent Design: Kenneth R. Miller Lecture (#p2 #tcot) http://bit.ly/OtXEx

Synthaetica. we're 'unglued' on hell becuz god rules by fear and manipulation. your god is a coward. made in his image, right? #atheist

fact3r If his goal is to make everyone worship and believe him, he's losing his own game.

@plushe I think the point is not to convert Juanita, but to keep the debate going so everyone can see how nutty her beliefs really are.

Many of the atheists are arrogant, profane and virtually unchallenged by believers!

My provocation with Christians came when I asked for some help defending attacks on creation. I have over 1500 followers on twitter – most Christian. When I asked for help – what do you think I got? Nothing, except for ONE person! Even the atheists saw it & this is what one of the wrote:

rationalbehavio @rwAtheist the night she was bugging me I saw her ask for help from other theists...none came to her aid though

Nice. Plus – twitter is a public forum. Even this conversation will be passed around and laughed at. Will Christian respond. Maybe. But, probably not. Am I provoked? You betcha.

Many of the atheists on twitter are a close knit club. They comb the web for all kinds of anti-god material and then post it. Continually. Are they challenged? For the most part – NO. Hitler said to tell a lie loud and often enough and people will believe it. Every post they make should be countered. We should be ashamed. The U.S. is going to hell in a hand-basket and too many of us are so busy building our own kingdom – we don’t have time for the Great Commission.

Lets look at some myths that keep us ineffective.

Myth #1. There is a ‘right’ time to tell people about Christ and we need to be on the lookout for it.
Truth: Preach the good news in season and out of season. When is the right time? Always.

Myth #2. If we ‘do it right’ people will come to Christ and everything will be peaceful.
Truth: The gospel is offensive. And, if we share it, we are the offenders. Read Acts. They went to where the people were and told them the truth. This is not popular. They were beaten, stoned and criticized. So?

Myth #3. We’re full of God.
Truth: The test to see if we are full of the Holy Spirit is if we are bold witnesses. I’ve seen thousand of Christian tweets. Few, if any, add the hash tags that will get them read by those who really need them. Here are some great hash tags. #atheist #gay Plus, there are tons of others. When you use these hash tags, you will get attention. And, much of it will not be nice. Be prepared to lose Christian followers. Too many have bought into the lie that we need to be politically correct. Jesus wasn’t.

Myth #4. I can’t witness boldly to atheists and others because I don’t know how.
Truth: None of us can be bold witnesses-ourselves. But God will speak through us if we will open our mouths. Learning to be relevant is a skill. I used humor in my tweets to the atheists – it is a language we all speak. You may do something else. And you may fail, I may fail. I’d rather fail trying to do great things for God than to live a sterile, fruitless life.

Are we wimps? What do YOU think?

For Twitter: Are Christians Wimps? http://bit.ly/zpHOY

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe, many just don't know how to approach others.
Many Churches are becoming like Clubs. (dress, look, act alike & be politically correct)
You hear a lot of silence coming from the Churches right now.
Why?
Possible leader positions are being ursurped by eugenics supporters? (Notice how the Pope is acting?)
Individuals need to reach out to the communities. Not wait for their Church Leaders.
The Bible is GOD's living WORD let's go live it!
Pastor Manning is one Pastor that is no wimp. He is a GODly Man with GUTS.
www.atlah.org (listen to the Manning Report)
Amen to this....

We as Christians must remember the following verses in Matthew 10 vs 32 thru 34.

MT 10:32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, *I* also will confess him before my Father who is in the heavens.
MT 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will *I* also deny before my Father who is in the heavens.
MT 10:34 Do not think that I have come to send peace upon the earth: I have not come to send peace, but a sword.

John said:
First I do not "twitter", just the name sounds strange, until recently I did not even own a cell phone.

However getting to the question are Christian's weak, yes many are very weak in letting others know of our belief of Jesus the Christ as our savior sent down to die for the sins of humanity. We talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walk you will find very few who seem to want to stand up for what they believe in and let other people walk all over them such as atheists.

We as Christians must remember the following verses in Matthew 10 vs 32 thru 34.

MT 10:32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, *I* also will confess him before my Father who is in the heavens.
MT 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will *I* also deny before my Father who is in the heavens.
MT 10:34 Do not think that I have come to send peace upon the earth: I have not come to send peace, but a sword.

We are not suppose to lay down and just let others run all over us about our belief but we are to stand up be proud and help each other to fight the Devil himself with our belief in our Savior and Lord Jesus the Christ.

I am sorry for your having to fight the Devil alone Juanita if I did the twittering and knew of your fight I would have stood beside you and fought with you for our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.

Walt
yes, yes, yes...thats it

Timothy J. Hall said:
Prince Danny, can you please send me a copy of the writing about the 100,000 Koran. Its the first I've heard of. If is true I would like to expose it through the secualr media that I write for as a Christain. Thank you. please send an e-mail to timhall_2000@yahoo.com.

Prince Danny said:
Juanita, I totally agree with you. But it goes farther than that. Just yesterday I posted about Obama wanting to give 100.000 Koran Bibles to our very leaders in Congress so that they could understand the true meaning of the Islamic religion and understand more about Allah. I seen that this was a move to broaden the move to bring Islam closer into America and to undermine Christianity. When I posted the article (Which I didn't write) I was kick out of the Christian Group.. So I believe that according to the holy scriptures, Paul warned us that in the last days there would be a great falling away..It is happening now. Many who say they are Christians are NOT. They may go to Church, they made look like a Christian but remember that even Jesus stated that there were 10 Virgins, five were wise with Oil (the Holy Spirit) in their lamps (life) and five would had no oil. They were all Virgins meaning they all looked the same, they had the same wedding gowns, they even stayed together waiting for the Groom but when the Call was made to prepare, the foolish Virgins were not ready. This is the condition of many many so called Christians. They have not the Holy Spirit of truth and power abiding within them. They speak against the working of the Holy Spirit and His gifts. I have met some Christians who have stated that speaking in tongues is satanic which by saying so, they have blasphemed the blessed Holy Spirit of God, yet, they say these things and go on their merry way like all is fine and dandy. They make up the "Apostate Church" of the coming Antichrist and are spiritually blind of that fact. WE on the other hand are Children of the King, Children of light that is set upon a hill for all the world to see. We shall be hated, we shall be mocked, and as we continue to pray for our enemies, who would think they would be labeled "Christians"? It is time for the true believers, the Saints of God who are filled with his Holy Spirit of God to arise as God scatters their enemies. to continue preaching the Gospel, teaching His Word of Life and healing the sick, just as we have been anointed to do so. "Christians" who have no oil and want to speak against those who do, will not enter the Wedding of the Lamb, Jesus the King! "So let it be written! So let it be done!"
yes, thats right

Kimberly Vanselow said:
I believe, many just don't know how to approach others.
Many Churches are becoming like Clubs. (dress, look, act alike & be politically correct)
You hear a lot of silence coming from the Churches right now.
Why?
Possible leader positions are being ursurped by eugenics supporters? (Notice how the Pope is acting?)
Individuals need to reach out to the communities. Not wait for their Church Leaders.
The Bible is GOD's living WORD let's go live it!
Pastor Manning is one Pastor that is no wimp. He is a GODly Man with GUTS.
www.atlah.org (listen to the Manning Report)
Juanita,
Are Christians wimps? It depends on the Christian and the topic. Most of us won't attempt to debate something that we don't understand. How many folks understand science in the first place? Futhermore how many understand science well enough to dig for the creationist view and understand what they just dug up. Awfully hard to sensibly argue something that makes no sense to you. Also many Christians have never been taught the Creationist view point and don' t know where/ how to find the information. How about a Google search on Creation Science, Ken Ham, Creation Research institute, or Steve Goodman (think I have his name right)?
Quick read through reveals most of us don't twitter. Sounds to me like you are the pioneer experimenting with a teritory that we either have not discovered or can't justify visiting.
Lauren,
IMO Calling them anti-Christian bigots is just reverse name calling even if true. . Bet they see it as no better than they are. We need to give these folks a reason to check us out like by acting very diferent than they expect.
Ok keyboard or something just flaked. Finishing thought in a new reply. I have a friend who came to the Lord in part because he saw something in Christian relatives that he did not have. The only way non Christians will ever see something diferent is if we truly behave differently. That may mean being nice and staying polite when we want to kick the tar out of someone.
Lisa
commenting on -
But what do we expect when the last poll stated that over 75% of the pastors in the pulpit say they do not believe the the bible is true, and Jesus was virgin born.

even taught moslems believe Jesus was virgin born, a prophet (not the Son of God), taken to heaven (not raised from the dead but aught up to heaven), coming again to defeat the antichrist and will rule on the earth for a period of time (40 years - instaed of 1000 years)

These are Pastors of who? of what? of Christ? - No, Jesus did not send them, appoint them, annoint them to lead, feed His sheep and lambs and feed His people with that

so who sent these pastors? - we all miss it in many ways...are be teachable - or set in indoctrination, can we be persuaded
of truths we have not been taugght, seen or understood yet............
Charles Portwood said:
I believe most Christians are wimps. They are afraid to wittness, but Jesus said if you will not speak for Him He will not speak for you to the Father. Most Christian will use any excuse to not have to speak about Jesus. We need to start now, if we do not our right to do so will be lost.
Jesus has called us to go into all the world and preach the gospel, Heal the sick and to cast out every demon.Mark 16:16-17.
Satans followers have a purpose, that is to no away with the name of Jesus, because all power is in the name. Christians do not have a purpose, they have excuses.
But what do we expect when the last poll stated that over 75% of the pastors in the pulpit say they do not believe the the bible is true, and Jesus was vergin born.
We need to have a Holy Gost revivel in the Church with signs following. But this can not happen utill we get a purpose, to proclame the Word of God with out reservation. Not untill the Church REPENTS and turns from it wicked ways.
amen to this..... we are ging to see the KING - so arm your minds and hearts and buckle down for the day of battle

Ernie Jelliff said:
Wimps or unaware of our responsibility.

“Be ye holy”

1 Peter 1:14-16 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Matt 5:48 “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

“BUT, I really enjoy a little ___(sin)___ every now and then.” Too many of us believe that it’s OK to live like the world, just a little. We will never know sinless perfection in this life but we MUST strive to live pleasing to God and the WORD tells us over and over to “be holy”. Stated plainly, live as if Jesus were right by your side, He is anyway. It is told of Henry Clay that as he was about to introduce a particular bill in Congress, some of his friends warned that it would damage his ambitions. "If you do this, Clay," said one colleague, "it will kill your chance for the presidency." Clay asked, "But is the measure right?" When his friend agreed that it was the right thing to do, he replied, "I would rather be right than be president." I don’t know why we’re afraid to take a solid stand for Jesus, but if we don’t we may suffer shame when we see Him face to face. Paul Harvey is reported to have prayed on air a prayer that closed with, "We know Your Word says, "Woe to those who call evil good," but that is exactly what we have done. Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Amen!" Oh church, we cannot continue to live on both sides of the fence. Let us be like Isaiah, "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty." Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isa 6:5-8)

All Scripture NIV
I answer with a resounding YES.If asked to get off their pews and do anything for Christian Service within the Church is a good image of that.If Christians can't witness between Christians(or share what Gods doing in their lives)Then they surely aren't going to witness to the world.It is so frustrating,How do we get the message of Gods Love and Salvation out their,If no one will venture out to the Harvest fields.I thank God there are a few at least who can say Yes Lord send me,And GO....
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

There is no question that our country (America) is sick and needs to be healed. Who is God referring to in the referenced passage. "My people" refers to believers. Are we believers humbling ourselves? Are we praying like we should or just uttering a few words in God's direction on occasion? Are we seeking his face and turning from our wicked ways? Or are we living "in the world" seeking the pleasures that it offers? We can't convert the atheist; I believe that is God's job. But we can plant seeds and water them and we can pray. I just finished a couple of days of Tweeting with an atheist. The challenge is good for me because they do just enough of their homework to carry on a good debate. Kind of like a Jehovah's Witness I had many hours of discussion with. I told the atheist, I nicknamed him Bogus, that he is making a conscious effort to disbelieve and nothing I can say would change his mind. But I did say I would pray for him, so if any of you out there would add Bogus in your prayers, God will know who you are talking about. Now back to the question; I am not sure how you are defining wimp. If we are not standing up for what we believe, if we are full of pride and not humbling ourselves, if we are partying, drinking, lusting, building our treasures on Earth and not in Heaven, then yes we are wimps and God is not pleased with His people. We elected people to the White House and Congress and local and State governments that promote abortion, gambling, sex, drugs, alcohol, etc etc. We will get what we deserve. And it may be sooner than we think.
I recently read this in a small pamphlet about Christianity and the work place. " A man stood up during the service several weeks in a row and shouted "LORD USE ME". After about the 3rd week of this, the pastor handed him a stiff brush and some polish remover, and asked him to clean the wooden pews. The following week this same man stood up in service and shouted "LORD USE ME, BUT ONLY IN AN ADVISORY POSITION."
I think Christians find it easier to "talk" about what they believe instead of actually take an active role in "defending" what they believe.

I don't twitter or tweet, and use the internet primarily for E-mail - I fear technology has passed me by. Bless you who are engaged in the battle with the wits to use technology for the glory of God.

June Reinl said:
I answer with a resounding YES.If asked to get off their pews and do anything for Christian Service within the Church is a good image of that.If Christians can't witness between Christians(or share what Gods doing in their lives)Then they surely aren't going to witness to the world.It is so frustrating,How do we get the message of Gods Love and Salvation out their,If no one will venture out to the Harvest fields.I thank God there are a few at least who can say Yes Lord send me,And GO....
Juanita, it depends upon whom you are talking about, the Christians i got to know at church certainly did not stand with me when i stood for parliament in Sydney on 4 occassions, they disdain politics and helping their brother. We all must stand before the Lord on that day, but as for fighting the enemy, we have enough Christians in the west to fight but just take a look at the differences of opinion on these sites and you will know, every Christian has a differing opinion on everything Christian. By the way Juanita, say hi to Jean for me will you. jean is a good friend of mine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service