Are you with me on this?

I am on vacation in the Dominican Republic. This time has given me much opportunity for prayer and reflection. Plus, some time for excellent reading. This is what God is saying to my heart: If we would see God's kingdom advance, we must never be satisfied with the status quo. We must not feel like we have arrived. If we arrive at satisfaction, we will not move into all that God has for us. Here is the challenge to all of us… Look around: the walls are broken down and the gates are destroyed by fire. The gates that hold back wickedness are crumbling. CAN YOU SEE IT? Does it hurt your heart? The body of Christ is losing members and influence. As individual believers, as churches and as Christian leaders, we should be helping to solve the issues emerging around us, yet we struggle to survive as churches. I am fully convinced that God has given us everything pertaining to life and godliness. I am fully convinced that He has a better way. And, I am fully convinced that part of His plan is to join believers to meet the needs of our community. To join with other believers in our concern for and impact to our country. As American citizens, this is part of our responsibility. Are you with me on this?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I replied to it as well and no, I am not satisfied with the way things are but they are to be expected. Us being strong and bold in our faith and to be prayer warriors; with all that going for us and our trust in God nothing can come against us(Rom.8:31). Most importantly always have your sword with you(Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12), whether it would be in your heart or in your hands.
  • I am not satisfied with the way things are going. That is why I signed the Manhatten Declaration! http://bit.ly/5wI4B5
  • Suddenly, I see that Christian leaders are lifing one voice to say: Enough! I signed the Manhatten Declaration. http://bit.ly/5wI4B5
  • Absolutely. Our adult class at church called Speak Out America, is studying the current issues that will lead our country to eventual destruction. Discussing it is one thing; we're also talking about action steps - what we as individuals can do to bring change.

Keep up the good work!! Ginger
  • I do not see that we struggle to survive as churches. We see what we want to see, only God has the complete truths. We can see only around us, not the whole world in totality. White and black exist together. Good and evil too. Big, institutional and proud churches are struggling and losing members because needs and demands of people change. No one size shoes fit all. Institutional churches have to downsize or they lose touch with demands and needs of their members. We must not be apathetic, complacent and content. Learning Life of Jesus' Love is a journey, never stop learning, connecting and serving, we go on!!!
  • I too am with you on this! As a radical preacher of the Gospel, I have become so bored with "church as usual!" Thus we have adopted the attitude in our church of less time in the church and more time in the community (the world). We will never make a difference in the church. We must take the church to the world!
  • Bro and Bob
    Amen!!!

I believe God is leading us into a future that we barely imagine!
  • I am with you on this. I am spending a lot of time in prayer for the break through we are looking for.

Bro
  • I am with you on this, and we must arise and be the Church that changes the world around us.
  • Is today a 'a day to be satisfied with the Status Quo' day or is it time to make a difference?
This reply was deleted.