What if I were to tell you that Barack Obama’s re-election was a blessing from God?  What if I were to tell you that God is showing us that He still loves us, He still desires for us to turn back to Him and receive His blessings, and that the re-election of Barack Obama was that proof?

What if I were to tell you that, through Christ, Barack Obama might be the greatest hope this land has to repent and turn back to the one true King?  Would you continue reading or would you turn back to the fear, the hate, the anger you might be feeling today?

Well, let me say plainly, Barack Obama is a blessing from God.  His Presidency may heal this nation.  It will prepare the way for the people of God to live apart from this land, as a city on top of a hill for the lost of this land to see.

I see it already happening, as God is preparing a great harvest for His workers to gather in.  This harvest will come from those who don’t know Christ and now see that the only hope for security is from the King of Kings and not an earthly king.  This harvest will come from those who know Christ but haven’t been resting their hope in him.  They will now see clearly no election, no politician can save them, protect them, clothe them, comfort them like the one true King, Christ can.

This harvest will come from those who have been seeking Christ but not seeking Him together with the people directly in front of them, the believers around them, and not just the believers that go to their church.   They will be drawn to one another in the same way that people are drawn close to one another for protection and warmth during great storms.  They will seek Christ in their living rooms, with their families.  They will seek Christ in their cubicles at work, with co-workers who also walk in Christ.

The body of Christ in Acts was found to be without lack.  They did this in an empire under Emperors far more oppressive and hateful to Christians than Barack Obama ever was or ever will be.  They did this in an empire where they had NO HOPE of an election in two years ‘saving them’ from oppression and state-enforced godlessness.  They did this while they paid their taxes and honored the Emperor and the laws of the land where that did not conflict with the Laws of God.

They cheerfully died as martyrs in this godless Empire, and Christ and His way flourished simply because the body of Christ loved and worshipped God together in everything they did.

Be cheerful, brothers and sisters.  Embrace the trials, the hardships, for they will be sowing seeds of harvest for us workers to cultivate and gather.  Thousands, millions will come to the saving grace of the King, will walk out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light.  Thousands, millions will die to themselves and live in Christ, with others, becoming families in Christ, orphans no more, even while the land around them plunges into death and darkness.

Thousands, millions, will become Citizens in Christ’s Kingdom, where the provinces of this Spiritual land lay in the hearts of the people who submit, in fear and love, to their divinely appointed King, Christ himself, who is, was, and always will be, the great I am who asks of us only to give all to the all.

If Mitt Romney would have won, there would be a complacency about the land, even amongst Christians, who, at the end, seemed satisfied, largely, with a Mormon representing their hope for freedom, representing their protector from the darkness of this world.

I struggle to understand this election in the human sense.  I struggle to resist the anger, the fear, the grief I feel over this election.  But in my heart that belongs to Christ I experience radically different emotions- joy, praise, worship, gratitude.  Christ has had mercy on us and allowed Obama to be our earthly King.  Like the Pharaoh who defied the people of Israel and Moses, God will use Obama to demonstrate to His people, the provinces of Christ’s Kingdom, the living stones of His temple, the citizens of the Kingdom of God, His greatness and power and mercy.

All praise to God for giving us a chance to turn to Him, for making our choices clear and not allowing a victory that might lead to a death far worse than physical death, the death of the spirit.

So, as you hopefully can see, Barack Obama is a blessing from God.  His second term will draw the body together and deliver the lost from the darkness and into the light.  I do not know if this nation will ultimately turn back to God and repent for their ungodly ways and rejection of His Son, the King of Kings, but I do know, through the Holy Spirit, that He is preparing His people to be the city on top of a hill, through which, either this nation, or the nations to come, will see His power, His glory, and His grace, and they will be amazed and not help but hunger after righteousness, worshipping the Father who is in heaven.

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If Barack Obama’s re-election was a blessing from God you all will be thrilled in 2016 when we elect the first female as President of the United States. Hillery Clinton

• thanks!- promoting out

• Shared the article on Greater Fitchburg for Life http://greaterfitchburgforlife.blogspot.com/2012/11/barack-obama-20... :)

• love this- so true- someone asked me what do 'conservatives' need to do next- I said- connect to others with Christ in the center- live out Christ with one another and keep building those Christ-centered relationships- no nation, no king, no politician, no party can stand against the advancing Kingdom of God

• Thanks for your article.  When our forefathers trusted in God and rejected a King whose nation oppressed its very own people.  Now people want from the government to provide and the movement is to make Obama or others like him their king - their provider.  The lie repeats itself through history. 

In our roles as citizens we have a vote and must try to make a difference.  But in our roles as Ambassadors of Christ we have a message from the true King of Kings and we must deliver it no matter what our fate will be. 

Thus  I am reminded of 1 Samuel 8 when God's chosen people rejected Him as their King and provider.  Even the Prophet's family members were corrupt and the people saw no hope.  So they turn from their true King for a substitute.

Israel Asks for a King

When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a] The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. 22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

• Steve ~ too true.   Fasting focuses us on God, just like any other type of pain ~ our attention moves toward God!

Steve Belttari said:

If Mitt Romney would have won, there would be a complacency about the land, even amongst Christians

I couldn't agree more.  Now  "We the People" know for sure that it is time to praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

• David, it's Paul, not Bill :-) and thanks for the comment.  and steve- amen- this is the time for us to praise the Lord- but the ammunition is spiritual

• If Mitt Romney would have won, there would be a complacency about the land, even amongst Christians

I couldn't agree more.  Now  "We the People" know for sure that it is time to praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

• Dear Bill at Freedomist,

I find your logic to be spiritually sound and historically accurate. All of the OT and Isreal's and Judah's sequences of evil and righteous leaders testifies to the health of the remnant that was always present, albeit many times hidden, as God had to remind the prophet Elijah that He had a remnant of 7,000 who had not bowed their knees to Baal. All persecution across the world causes the Kingdom to flourish. Thanks for the encouraging heads-up (i.e., looking to God).

Blessings, Dr. Dave

• Reverend, he is a blessing in the sense that his re-election is going to push the body of Christ to depend on Christ and not politics or elections (not that we, as good citizens, should stop being involved in lobbying our government to reflect God's will and not manna's will).  He is a blessing in the sense that he will make it clear and obvious the two choices we have, a decision I feel a vast majority of Americans don't understanding, a choice between Godlessness and Godliness, between the Freedom of Christ and the 'security' of an all-encompassing, all controlling government.  He is an unwitting instrument of God, like the Pharaoah of Egypt or, even Judas.  But like the Pharaoah and Judas, he will face God's judgment unless he repents like the King of Ninevah did, removes himself from the throne and sits himself in dust.

This reply was deleted.