Denominations

I agree with your five-fold ministry concept. The problem is that denominations have pastors in each state, then they have presbyters (or similar name) over groups of churches, then they have a state superintendent or bishop. Having a regional prophet might work for independent churches who aren't connected to one another but probably would not be accepted by denominational leaders because the prophet might have differing views that wouldn't necessarily represent that denomination; plus, were they to have such a person, s/he would need to come under the covering of the state supt/bishop. (Ginger Haan)

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the feedback, Ginger.

Yes, if we think about the current structure, mobilizing people to action becomes difficult to think through, much less implement.

I believe the solution is a new approach.   I am beginning another launch in PA using the Theology of the Kingdom as the basis.  Today was the second meeting.  It was quite powerful.  As you know, I have tried a number of approaches.  So far, it is 'push the ball uphill' and then watch it roll back down on top of me.  I keep going 'deeper' into the fundamental principles...  I am convinced that the problem lies not with God and the gospel, the problem lies with our inability to see past the 'wineskins' that surround us as believers.   If we can see through to the basics of the Kingdom and how to implement them in a simple way, there is no reason we cannot see a 'Kingdom explosion' around us. 

I believe we are 'there' - but, the tree will be known by its fruit.   Only fruit will 'prove' the concepts.  :-)

I will keep you posted.

This reply was deleted.