Depart From Me, I Never Knew You!

Do you know this parable Jesus told about some people who apparently confessed belief in Him and did many miracles in His Name? But in the end, Jesus said to them, "Depart from Me, I never knew you!" Have these verses ever caused you to fear you might hear the same said to you? They did me, so much so, that I asked the Lord to explain them to me so I could avoid being in that crowd. "Lord, what do You mean by Your word "knew"? Want to know the answer I received? It goes straight back to "relationship," my favorite spiritual subject. For every mystery found in the Bible, the Bible also clearly explains itself. I was taken back to the first time the phrase was used, "And Adam knew Eve, and she conceived." There was the word "knew" again. My first thought was, the word "knew" means sexual intercourse and Jesus is saying He didn't have any intimacy with those people? With the help of a Thompson Chain Reference Bible, I followed that thought "line upon line, and precept upon precept" through the entire Bible straight into the New Testament where Paul writes in Corinthians that the Lord now writes His Word, not on hard tables of stone, but on the fleshly tables of our hearts. So what's the Lord saying to us in the word "knew"? He intimately wants to conceive life in us. He wants to live His Word in us. He wants to write His Words on our hearts. His Word is life. Can you see in your life the marks of the Lord, as Paul said he could see in his life? Are you living in your life the same precepts, Truths, and sometimes even the same Bible circumstances? MORAL OF THE STORY: It is two sided. Jesus wants to intercourse with us so intimately that He continually conceives life within us, and He wants us to be willing to have Him do so continually. Those people in the parable gave Jesus lip-service, but not heart service. They withheld their hearts and held back from a deep relationship. They used Jesus and His benefits without intimate surrender. Is such a thing possible? Sure is! Ever see a marriage wherein one spouse does this to the other? This is one more way that Christians should leave Religion behind for Relationship instead.

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Val,
    I find it NO surprise at all that I got up this morning and prayed for you (that I hadn't heard from you in a few days) and my prayer concerned your understanding this very topic! So I find it NO surprise to turn on my Kingdom Insight and find your reply right here in this very spot! The following instructions are what the Holy Spirit ran through my thinking while I was praying, and they're specifically for you. Find a daily time and a favorite spot in your house to meet with the Lord. Put on your favorite, very quiet spiritual music, wrap yourself in your favorite robe, cover, blanket, or whatever, and "quietly wait on the Lord." Clear your mind of every thing--every distracting thought. Don't be surprised if you go over in your mind every pressure you're about to experience for the day, and all your past failures. Don't be surprised if there's a voice that says this is stupid, and the accusing voice (satan) reminds you of how unworthy you are to sit there. Tell him of course you know you are unworthy, but you stand completely on God's worthiness, not your own. You'll experience all kinds of distractions in the beginning. Control as many as possible. Turn off the TV, radio, computer, cell phone, land phone, and door bell if necessary. Sit there with your Bible on your lap and look up any verse(s) the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. If there is none, don't fret, just rest in the Lord. If you fall asleep, so what, does God think that's negative? No. Ever have a child fall asleep on your lap? Just like a child and a parent or grandparent, there is such intimate trust and love that passes between you while sleeping on God's lap. Be still and know that "I AM." In this place of intimacy with God, all your past failures are remolded into successes, your worries dissolve into trust and confidence, your unworthiness turns into Jesus' worth, rejection turns into acceptance, brokenness turns into wholeness, and Jesus gently lifts out of your heart all emotional damages and hurtful offenses. Let all your striving cease. Let yourself be free to express any emotions that come to the surface--God wants you to be completely transparent with Him. He's waiting for you to trust Him with 100% everything. Don't be surprised if He tells you He's been waiting "at this spot" for you for a long, long time, and He's thrilled more than words can express that you finally found Him there. Watch what happens to yourself as you meet often with your Father and Best Friend. People around you will see changes that baffle them.
  • Dave,
    Once again...I have to thank you for this discussion. I have so much to learn and so much growing to do. I thank God for steering me in your direction. I have come a long ways in a short time...in my mind...but I have so much further to go! I pray continuously that God gives me the strength and the know how to be the kind of person he wants me to be. I received my Bible in one hour CD today and I can't wait to listen to it! I'm going to go work on building my relationship! God Bless!

Val
  • Debrah,
    What a wonderful connection you've explained between pain and love, and being a new creation molded by the Lover of our souls. I will enjoy "chewing over" the depths of what you've written and know by experience. A love-relationship certainly has risk in it between spouses, but to throw oneself in total surrender on the Lord's breast is glory itself!
    Dave
  • One thing about deep intimate realationships is that it gets very very real and that is sometimes scary. The deeper we grow in love the more that is revealed. We get to see the goodness of God and His son Jesus and we also get to see how much we pale in comparison. When we make that decision to stay in this relationship and see it through a wonderful thing begins to happen as we see our sins, we repent and receive His forgiveness. We do begin to become a new creation in Christ Jesus and begin to become a reflection of Him whom we love. Relationships do not come without pain but when we look past our pain and to the lover of our souls we see that it is Jesus who will see us through the pain to the glory. For those who say it's too hard - I say stay with Jesus look to Him who will see you through. He truly loves you and wants this relationship to succeed. Do not leave nor just stay at the surface "safe" level...there is much Joy to the two becoming one, much strength, much love. I urge us to get to know our Lord and Savior-continually seek Him out for those who know Him also are those who Love Him. Do not be left behind cease to be enamored of the things of this world and open yourself up to the love of Jesus. Jesus will not disappoint you -He will never leave nor forsake you.
This reply was deleted.