Look closely at the cat I use for my photo. You will see that although she appears to be sitting her rear legs are not in the normal position. This special animal is now almost 14 years old. I adopted her as a kitten from a veterinary clinic after she had been hit by a car and recovered as much as her injuries would allow. Her rear legs are paralyzed. Early on I tried to limit and protect her. This tough little cat would not take no for an answer. She went over, under or through every barrier she encountered. Soon it was okay cat go ahead and take your chances. She has attempted to catch birds (a bit hard with only to legs), chased bugs, chased snakes and chased mice. She may have even caught a few. There are carts available for paralyzed animals. My cat considered the cart a form of torture and all but swore at it and me. As an older cat she now enjoys her life inside, sleeping most of the time. She no longer climbs everything in sight and needs more help than when she was young. This cat with her happy attitude has often helped me to realize that my problems are not as bad as they seem. I do recommend that anyone adopting a special needs pet be sure that they are up to the task of caring for the animal. It borders on foolish to have an animal that needs to have it's bladder expressed if you are afraid to squeeze or catheterize as needed. You may discover that it is harder or more expensive to board your pet while on trips. Some facilities may not be able to provide proper care.

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks. Time will tell.
  • I think it is a great thing that you have her and she has you. You have really taken on the challenge and it just shows how strong the Lord made you. This must be some reflection of what the destiny the Lord has planned for you. Spiritually I mean, but it will be awesome to see as He reveals it to you.
  • Animals are pretty amazing and a lot more adaptable than humans. I have a cat at home that has no front teeth and only one eye because she got very sick when she was very small. This cats stands up to our boxer and usually wins. She is a fighter but most definatly the sweetest cat we own.
This reply was deleted.