KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Jesus died for our salvation.  He saves us from the Kingdom of darkness and transfers us to the kingdom of light.  Jesus is the King. His domain that he transfers us into is the Kingdom. We carry the Kingdom within us – where ever there are Christ followers, there the Kingdom is.

The characteristic of a good kingdom is this - the will if the king is carried out by the subjects of the kingdom.  We can readily access how well we- collectively as servants of the King - are carrying out his will.  He hasn't hidden his will.  To simplify things he encapsulates our responsibilities into two greats... the Great Commandment: Love God with our heart, soul and body and love our neighbor as ourselves.  And, he Great Commandment - Go make skilled, determined and faithful followers of Christ, teaching them to observe all He has commanded.

These two "Greats" encompass what we need to do as our service to the King.  As we do them we reveal, declare and extend the Kingdom.

This Great Commandment and Great Commission were given a long time ago.  By now we should be master builders of the Kingdom.  Yet... we are not being effective.

Is this because we are disobedient children?  Perhaps!   Scripture says to examine ourselves and correct what needs to be corrected.  Scripture says that if we judge ourselves we will not be judged.  

We need to judge BOTH ourselves and our works.  If we look, we will see that there are problems in our foundations. 

• Our institutions have cracks in their foundations.   We have missed the principle that like produces like.   We do not use I Tim and Titus to test the character of our leaders.   We empower people to lead based on knowledge and skills.  We build structures based on the hireling philosophy.  We condone divisions in the body of Christ so that we can keep the ‘sheep’ in our own pens.  And this by those who fancy themselves the shepherd, when there is one shepherd and one flock.
  • Individually, our lives are out of order; we divorce.  We do not know how to live out the Kingdom within the four walls of our own homes, with our own families.  Our friends, neighbors and co-workers cannot count on us.  We do not live the Kingdom, we are not a city set on a hill! 

The foundations are weak and broken down.  We try to build upon a foundation with has weak and missing foundation stones.  We will not see success until the foundation is set right. We have to work on the foundations.

This we are committed to do.  We do not desire to see simply a new 'wind of doctrine’ blow across the land.  We have seen so many teachings that come and go.  Nothing is seen to change.

This is what we desire:  Satisfaction is to see a standard go forward that gets deep enough to

set right misplaced and missing foundation stones.  If change is too narrowly implemented, we will see a network or worse a denomination or other type of fracture in the body of Christ. This age has seen enough of 'I am of Paul', 'I am of Appolos'!   If the change is broad and shallow, -large numbers of people could accept a belief or philosophy - yet the foundation stones would not be reset...  nothing will change.

These changes cannot be made without a joining and strengthing of the body of Christ.  This is a call to examine our lives.   How often do you spend time with other believers?  How deep and connected are the relationships?  Between yourselves do you practice one another's?

Exhort one another…

Instruct one another…

Encourage one another…

Love one another…

Serve one another….

There are 39 one another commandments.   How many do I do?  Do you do?

Are you - practicing the two 'Greats' not just on Sunday morning but on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

As my friend, Pastor Francisco said, “Methods never build a church.   People moving under the power of the Holy Spirit build the church.”

This is a call to examine our foundations.  And, correct them!

It is a call to examine our lives.  Are we proclaiming and living the gospel of the KINGDOM?  Are we carrying out the two ‘Greats’?  If not, learn how!

It is a call to examine our connections to the other members of the body of Christ.   Are we connected in a way that together we can live the Kingdom among us and carry out the two ‘Greats’ every day of the week?  If not, what are you going to do about it?  

This is how the Kingdom applies to you and to me.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Mark, for this encouraging response!  I appreciate you!

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi Juanita,

I think two of the greatest things Kingdom foundation and anchor have done for me is perspective and desire.

I use to love to watch scary movies and Dirty Harry type movies. Now not only do I know better than to plant those seeds inside of me, but I have lost the desire to watch them.

UD brought in a motivator that was supposed to bring us closer together as a team. Under his guidance, the workshop turned into a negative feeding frenzy on what Management should or should not be doing. I ask the motivator where was the "It starts with me" message? It does no good to go to a class and learn what "they" should be doing.

For me, that's what your message brings out; how I can be salt and light. How I can seek the Lord to help me make changes within that will shine without. My eternity is secure, but I so want to bear fruit.

Highlighting the two greatest commandments the way you did, helps us to remember that there are different members in the body. I think of myself as maybe the shinbone and if I'm not careful, I will try to make everyone I meet a shinbone. But the elbow has no desire to be a shinbone.

So instead of looking at each other, we can join hands and both look at Christ. Encourage each other through Christ. Then when the world looks at the shinbone and elbow holding hands and singing praises to the Author of our joy, they might say, "How can I get what you have?"

Thanks Juanita for that great Kingdom message,

Mark

" I think -this is my opinion- why so many people feel like they are spinning their wheels is because we tend not to be connected deeply and personally to each other and real, hands on/interactive service.   This is 'common unity' / community.   I went to church for years and never really experienced it - only shadows.   It wasn't until I was part of an extended Christian household that I tasted what it was like to serve Christ together.  Sigh>>>  It should not have taken so long!" 

One thing I've noticed over the years, is that (in general), we as a church still want to do things according to the worlds ways when it comes to helping one another. IMHO, somewhere along the line, we have traded what the Church used to do when it came to meeting the needs of others within the Church (See Acts 2::44-45; 4:32-35), with "How can I make a profit off of this? "  No. I'm not saying that we should ignore providing for ourselves and/or our family, as I believe to do so would be in direct contradiction to the Word of God and His warning against being a sluggard (lazy); As well as how it would impact how the world sees us. I just believe that as true Christians, we are a family. And family members (for the most part) do not seek out ways to make a profit off of (from) their own family members.

So how does this apply to Juanita's statement: "It should not have taken so long!" ?  Well, on the surface it may not sound like it does, but IMHO, if we were to go back to using the same approach as the early Church did in meeting each others needs (not greed's), it may not have taken nearly as long for her to see the difference.

Again, I don't have any "data" or other "proof" of this, other than what one can see (read) for themselves in the Word of God. For me, that's all of the "proof' I need.

1Thess. 5:18

Rev. Michael Duncan wrote: " One of the biggest areas where this is happening is in the realm of unforgiveness. ""

This reminded me of a sermon I shared at one time. It was a sermon on forgiveness.

In that sermon, I shared something the Lord had opened my eyes to years before. In Matt. 5:23-24, Jesus speaks of (teaches) what we are to do when presenting our gifts before the alter. In this passage, He clearly states that if we have "ought"  ( a grudge, bitterness, ...etc.) against another [person], we are to go and make things right with that person first, and then come and offer our gift(s). Jesus never said a thing about who started it, but what we are to do about it!

Does the saying "(S)he started it!" sound familiar? Believe it or not, (IMHO) far to often we as Christians still use that reasoning (a.k.a excuse) for not doing what Jesus expressly said we are to do. When we do this, we do this at our own peril! I say this, based upon what Jesus said as recorded in Matt. 6:14-15. 

I see Jesus using this verse as means of pointing out just how important it is for us to forgive, if we are to be like our Heavenly Father. 

To say much more, I would need to post the entire message, so me thinks me had better close. Ü

Howard,

Do you have a link to that message?  I'd love to hear it because I have shared this need in my church for years.  None of us have the right to maintain a spirit of unforgiveness when we have received forgiveness from God.  Thanks for your comments.

Michael

Howard Sherman said:

Rev. Michael Duncan wrote: " One of the biggest areas where this is happening is in the realm of unforgiveness. ""

This reminded me of a sermon I shared at one time. It was a sermon on forgiveness.

In that sermon, I shared something the Lord had opened my eyes to years before. In Matt. 5:23-24, Jesus speaks of (teaches) what we are to do when presenting our gifts before the alter. In this passage, He clearly states that if we have "ought"  ( a grudge, bitterness, ...etc.) against another [person], we are to go and make things right with that person first, and then come and offer our gift(s). Jesus never said a thing about who started it, but what we are to do about it!

Does the saying "(S)he started it!" sound familiar? Believe it or not, (IMHO) far to often we as Christians still use that reasoning (a.k.a excuse) for not doing what Jesus expressly said we are to do. When we do this, we do this at our own peril! I say this, based upon what Jesus said as recorded in Matt. 6:14-15. 

I see Jesus using this verse as means of pointing out just how important it is for us to forgive, if we are to be like our Heavenly Father. 

To say much more, I would need to post the entire message, so me thinks me had better close. Ü

Rev. Duncan,

Sorry, I don't have a link to it. It's a sermon (message) I shared while I was an interim Pastor at a country church.

Although I can't promise anything; if you would like, I can see if I can find my notes and post them on here for you. I know I still have them, it's just a matter of finding them as things tend to get moved around over time.

Howard

1 Thess. 5:18

Rev. Michael Duncan said:

Howard,

Do you have a link to that message?  I'd love to hear it because I have shared this need in my church for years.  None of us have the right to maintain a spirit of unforgiveness when we have received forgiveness from God.  Thanks for your comments.

Michael

Howard Sherman said:

Hi guys,

For me, it is so much easier for me to forgive when I first take a walk down memory lane and revisit a few things the Lord has forgiven me for. Every morning before I leave home, I start my day on my knees in front of my prayer chair and ask the Lord to guide my steps and I know He can't hear me if I have blocked the channel with unforgiveness and bitterness. So I say, "Lord forgive them and forgive me, help them and help me, teach them and teach me and bless them that I might also be blessed.

We know sow/reap, but it also means what goes in on one side of the equation, also goes in on the other. What I plant in your garden will grow in mine.

It makes it so much easier to forgive someone when I know I am as flawed as they are and I need the same help they do. It makes me run to the Lord and say, "Lord, help us!"

Sometimes it is a process, but it starts with our words, "Lord, we need help..." For me, when I do that and continue to do that, I look back and whatever was there is gone.

Just a thought,

Have a great day!

Mark

Hi Juanita,

The spammer goes well with your Kingdom message. It shows we are being salt and light and pleasing in the sight of the Lord or Satan wouldn't be using his kids to attack us. But the spammer is now on my prayer list and Satan will lose that which he had. So he can send more if he wants and we will claim them for the Kingdom also.

I deleted the two entries I had as I knew it was an attack. I have no desire for pictures as I spend enough time in the Lord's woodshed as it is. :-)) But thanks so much Juanita for telling us...

Have a great day!

Mark

Hi,

Something happened today that highlighted Juanita's point about us being Kingdom people as salt and light. A plumber and I are working in our Student Union, putting new valves and controls on fancoils. A young woman out of the clear blue ask me if I had a life changing experience or something. I ask her what she meant. She answered, "I don't know, it's like you're all happy in your own little world or something." So I said, "Yes, in February of 1992, I got a 2nd DUI in five years and I said, 'Lord, I have had enough. Would you come in and take over?"

I never preach at work. I share if the opportunity arises, but I would whether one feel comfortable around me. But for me, it just kinda highlighted if Jesus is inside, it shows on the outside as wet goes with water.

When Jesus said, "If you suffer with me, you can reign with me." Sometimes we take that to mean we must be poor, broke and sick to be pious. I'm pretty sure it doen't mean that. It means "Let me shape you, let me mold you, when you go through trials, keep your eyes on me."  Job lived 140 years after his trial as the richest man in the east.

I read a quote on twitter, "Adversity prepares us for prosperity. A prosperous person with character, developed it in the trenches." I read another quote, "If you find a man who is a romantic, he is some woman's investment. A cheerful spirit is the Lord's investment." He is no respecter of  persons. What He does for one, He will do for another. When she said that, I sent up a "Thank you, Lord."

Have a great day!

Mark

Wonderful testimony!  I love that bit about wet goes with water.  

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi,

Something happened today that highlighted Juanita's point about us being Kingdom people as salt and light. A plumber and I are working in our Student Union, putting new valves and controls on fancoils. A young woman out of the clear blue ask me if I had a life changing experience or something. I ask her what she meant. She answered, "I don't know, it's like you're all happy in your own little world or something." So I said, "Yes, in February of 1992, I got a 2nd DUI in five years and I said, 'Lord, I have had enough. Would you come in and take over?"

I never preach at work. I share if the opportunity arises, but I would whether one feel comfortable around me. But for me, it just kinda highlighted if Jesus is inside, it shows on the outside as wet goes with water.

When Jesus said, "If you suffer with me, you can reign with me." Sometimes we take that to mean we must be poor, broke and sick to be pious. I'm pretty sure it doen't mean that. It means "Let me shape you, let me mold you, when you go through trials, keep your eyes on me."  Job lived 140 years after his trial as the richest man in the east.

I read a quote on twitter, "Adversity prepares us for prosperity. A prosperous person with character, developed it in the trenches." I read another quote, "If you find a man who is a romantic, he is some woman's investment. A cheerful spirit is the Lord's investment." He is no respecter of  persons. What He does for one, He will do for another. When she said that, I sent up a "Thank you, Lord."

Have a great day!

Mark

Thanks so much...

Rev. Michael Duncan said:
Wonderful testimony!  I love that bit about wet goes with water.  

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi,

Have a great day!

Mark

@Mark, it just goes to show you that people are looking to people to find the source of their happiness. People need people to care and love them. They don't need more religion, they don't need a 'church' service, or a hand shake before a service begins but rather an encounter with the one who can supply all their needs which can only be found in Jesus and the the people of God who will show them by their words, actions, testimonies, and a life intentionally lived out in their communities to provide a glimpse of God's kingdom revealed here on Earth by his people.

Hi Dora,

Thanks so much. I have a prayer garden I pray over every morning and I ask the Lord to help me be a trusted steward in that place I have been planted. After I pray over it, I say the 23rd Psalm over it as a blessing. I always want the Lord to know that I know that any good that comes of it, is through Him and without Him, I will be sifted and of no value to another.

It can be storming outside and I tell my coworkers, "It's gonna be a great day!" because I didn't come to find a source of fulfillment, I brought Him with me. He is my very favorite Subject. He gives me purpose. When I am all alone, I am never lonely. I say with Thomas, "My Lord and My God."

Thanks Dora,

Mark

dora collier said:

@Mark, it just goes to show you that people are looking to people to find the source of their happiness. People need people to care and love them. They don't need more religion, they don't need a 'church' service, or a hand shake before a service begins but rather an encounter with the one who can supply all their needs which can only be found in Jesus and the the people of God who will show them by their words, actions, testimonies, and a life intentionally lived out in their communities to provide a glimpse of God's kingdom revealed here on Earth by his people.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service