The News is a big influence is shaping our nation! I am afraid that the Christian community, for the most part, is sitting aside silently as this happens! News is being done differently now than in the past. Of course, there is TV and Radio news. Sometimes we can call or comment on these types on these types of things. Sometimes we can't. But, every day hundreds and thousands of web news releases go out. MANY of THESE ARE MOVING OUR NATION farther and farther from the godly nation that I grew up in. What issues are in the News??? We need to be WATCHING and COMMENTING on News articles, blogs and forums. One of our responsiblies is to declare truth and challenge false News! THE LACK OF TRUTH IN OUR NATION is hurting us, our children and generations to come!!! What TYPES of things should we be watching for and commenting on???

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow Sharon....do you think that was God's intervention?? I don't know of any way anyone else could add to your post and have it included as if you wrote it. I love your prayer....would you mind if I borrowed some of it when I talk with God? Sometimes I have such a hard time getting the words out. God Bless!

sharon hargraves said:
    There is a little No! We have to stop this evil at the bottom of the page in the post i just did...I did not add that...but i agree with it.
    S
    I don't know where it came from, i did not write it.
    S
  • There is a little No! We have to stop this evil at the bottom of the page in the post i just did...I did not add that...but i agree with it.
    S
    I don't know where it came from, i did not write it.
    S
  • It's very simple...shut down those who spread evil, and stand up for those who stand up for the truth...
    only the truth counts
    Political correctness...who thought up that term...the liberal press?
    I don't know if this is the contest or not, but it does give me a chance to say a couple things, so I will
    I'm sick and tired of watching my nation being shoved down the drain by a bunch of jerks...all they want is power, and they could care less about the people they say they are standing up for. Those people are their tools...their monkeys...they train them well. "if you will not think, not care about anything, act helpless, breed a lot, and be pitiful, then we will reward you with a check just big enough to keep you motivating...plus a few perks like food stamps and socialized medicine...then you will love us like mommy and daddy, and you will never stray from us. And we will control you and your generations forever..Thankfully, Christ has invaded me, so I will not say what I would have said some time back...but I will say ...TO HELL WITH THEM! Hell is where they come from, and Hell is where they will return...I have a great conflict here. Jesus died for them just like He died for me. I have no right not to forgive them and I need to pray for their deliverance. Actually, that's not too hard. What's hard, is actually being on earth with them...living it daily, having to see what they're doing, and trying to not hate...HERE'S THE SECRET! MY MOST SPECIAL PRAYER...The only prayer that soothes me...

This is real, my heart, given to me by Christ Jesus...

Jesus, I love you so much...you died a terrible death on the cross for me...but at the same time you died for those that I actually despise...I despise their ways, their words, their attitudes, their power over me and my nation, and the very breath they breathe...I really do, Jesus, please forgive me...Jesus, my only hope is to remember that you said that if I can't forgive, you can't forgive me...God, that's so hard! I am not you! I am not capable!....oh Jesus, I beg you...forgive me for my anger and my hate...I can't do it without you...I just can't....I beg you, Christ, let me see them through your eyes. Let me actually see them burning in hell...do I hate them that much? Father...give me your strength...I pray in all humility..without pretense...examine my soul. my very being...I give it all to you...let me see them through your eyes...and then give me the strength to fight them with all my strength...and pray for them at the same time. Jesus, is this an impossible prayer? I don't know...only you know. You are God and I am just me. But I trust you, I believe in you, and I praise you and I love you with all my heart..
    Thank you, Christ,
    For everything.
    Amen,
    your daughter

NO!
    We have to stop this evil.
  • We need pastors to step up to the plate like Alan Keyes.
  • I really appreciate the AFA (American Family Association) newsletters. They are very concise and always give you clear action steps you can take. Personally, when I hear the bad news, I have a need to do something about it. I appreciate the direction AFA gives me. I wish I could find more sources for concise action steps. Can you recommend some?

I believe we need to do what we can do to stand up for truth. The most important thing to do is to share the Gospel. Our world needs to be rightly related to God in order to function properly. Besides getting the Gospel out to the whole world, I personally feel that abortion is the issue that I must take a stand on. I need to be pro-life in word and action. I encourage us all to support our local pregnancy centers. And ALWAYS vote pro-life!
  • My thoughts are that as Christians, we should be actively involved in current events. I think we too often separate ourselves and write off events, issues, etc. as being outside of our influence or reach. I think this is what Satan WANTS us to think! We should band together and stand up and help to change our country.

1. President Obama is making some very big decisions. First and foremost, I think we should be praying for him. If we just "beat him up", how will we gain any influence?

2. Stem cell research. I believe the media has been very strategic in taking the focus off of abortion and instead hyping embryonic stem cell research. Sounds very scientific and technical, but the sad truth is that embryonic stem cells primarily come from aborted babies. And recently, I read that the only vaccine for chicken pox is created from embryonic stem cells (i.e. aborted babies). Does that conflict with your values? It sure does mine. (Granted I'm not one for vaccines anyway, but how many Americans are receiving this vaccine each day?)

3. Wow, the list could go on and on, but I guess I'll limit it to these to start with. Times are a changing, but I hope and pray that we as Christians don't change in our values and morals! And let's really watch how we present ourselves to the world. Are we coming across as having expectations of non-Christians that we don't even hold ourselves to? Recently I heard a speaker talk about a decision their company had made (it was quite controversial) and they heard from many churches who said they were taking their business elsewhere because of the decision. (I don't believe this person is a Christian) He went on to say, with a bit of a chuckle, that the company went through each of those customer's records (the churches) and found that many of them renewed their "contract" with the very same company! Let's watch, are our words meaningless?

Let's return to our roots! And amaze the world by God's greatness and power demonstrated through us and how we face life in these crazy times!
  • Hey! Everyone who replies to this is entered into the drawing for the Prayer of Jabez book (and all the winners of our drawings get entered into the Red Lobster Certificate drawing. I LOVE seeing all these replies. It makes me Happy! Could this contest for the Prayer of Jabez have the most entries to any of my contests??? Wheeeee!
  • Well, one thing that we can do is direct many to other websites so that they can see what is REALLY going on, for example:
    http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90121
    www.TheGOPComeback.com or sign petitions: http://www.mrcaction.org/517/petition.asp?Ref_ID=2213&PID=18796821
    There are many many more...let's be a part of redirecting people to these and other sites so that they can get the truth and they will be set 'free"
  • Lisa, if you win, I'll put you in twice for the Red Lobster Certificate Drawing, OK? :-)

Also, I loved your post! And, I'd love for you to start a discussion on this that you said: "Does this nation's financial stewardship line up with instructions in the Bible?" GREAT QUESTION!!!

Lisa said:
    Hey Happy Pappy, I already read the book and may still har it. If this is an entry pass "Prayer of Jabez" on to someone who needs it.
    We could start by addressing the lack of truth. Why isn't the media balanced. What is being hidden and why? Does this nation's financial stewardship line up with instructions in the Bible?
    Foreign relations and human rights.
  • Hey Happy Pappy, I already read the book and may still har it. If this is an entry pass "Prayer of Jabez" on to someone who needs it.
    We could start by addressing the lack of truth. Why isn't the media balanced. What is being hidden and why? Does this nation's financial stewardship line up with instructions in the Bible?
    Foreign relations and human rights.
This reply was deleted.