Instinct.

The birds are back.   Migration is in full swing.  Ducks, geese, gulls, blackbirds, a swan, and even a killdeere once again abound on the local swamp.  I wonder how do they know it is time to go?  How do they know they won't get caught in freak storm?  I wonder did God give them the instincts to know when to leave and where to go?  Did He deisign them to just know how to find their way? 

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi James,

I'm glad you had some good days off.

Heapy Engineering is the Engineering Firm that works with Edge & Tenny Architects to build our new buildings. They are also consultants for engineering problems within the buildings. I was making an analogy. When a building is built it is fully integrated in the prints before the first trench is dug. It's called "Context Driven."

I agree, James, religion is ritual, structural and trying to live by a religious set of codes. Christianity starts with a relationship by receiving Christ as Saviour and results in a New Birth and God is now Father. He left us a guidebook. But only by seeking Him on a daily basis, can the words of that Book become a reality in our lives.

For me, Jesus is my focus. What anyone else does is their choice. Cordially, James, there is no such thing as good people. We are all flawed to the core. My natural man is not going to get any better. When I take my focus off of Jesus, I self destruct. I have a nature I was born with and I know it is very flawed. I would rather know that and learn to keep my focus on the Lord, than think I am wonderful and skip my way into hell.

But in my day to day life, my days are enjoyable when I pay attention to what He is teaching me. If I have 20, 30 or 40 years left, they will go by in a blur. I am watching a movie with Ann Margaret in it as a grandmother type. I was a young boy when I first saw her as a teenager. That time flew by. When we enter into eternity, we will find out the results of the choices we made here.

Have a great day, James,

Mark

•  Hello Mark,

Yes I had some great days off.Two great weather days to get outside and start cleaning up the yard.Winter was hard on my trees.Got a trailer loaded with branches to show for it.

Joined a pool league.Got my ass kicked,not really. I lost each set by one game. 

Really Heapy Engineering? They are big in healthcare/research and  higher education but not creationism.LOL

I think Steven Weinberg got it right when he said.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

Well I consider myself a Republican.One without a party because mine was taken from me by the religious right.The best and brightest republicans can't get out on the primaries.

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi James,

I hope your week is going great.

UD uses Heapy Engineering and Edge & Tenny Architects. When they are contracted to build a building, they build to the integrated whole. They know the finish of the thing and all of its interdependencies>As Builts, Blue Prints and Schematics.

I did a Scripture word search for womb-used I think, 70 times, and the word formed. A whole lot of thought provoking Scriptures:

Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Psalms 94:9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Isa 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

I agree, James, money and vain glory causes men to do awful things to each other. But I think It's not Republicans or Democrats and sometimes not even Christians and non-Christians, but when we take our eyes off the Lord, the carnal man with his carnal nature is in cahoots with the unseen enemy and his temptings.

But God is still on the Throne and prayer changes things. God knows you and He knows me. He knew the date we would each receive Christ before we were born.

This last week was a great week and an adventurous one. After putting in a Variable Speed Drive and everything went well, I was asked to tie in duct detectors to five others. On one, the Drive went down. I couldn't find the problem and I thought a control board had failed. I prayed all weekend.

On Monday, it was warm out and without the Air Handler the Drive was controlling, the floor was going to get very warm. I had already arranged for a new board to be brought in. But I felt a prompting to see if I could bypass the problem. In the process, I found an original programming error and the Drive came back up.

The guys that put the Drive in are great friends and coworkers. It was their first Drive. Scripture talks about overlooking and concealing a matter. So I just told my manager, I found the problem. But if you could have seen me when the Drive came up. I was jumping all over the Mechanical Room, yelling "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Jesus!" For me, He is the difference in a good day and a bad one.

I don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican, but just a very flawed Christian, learning to get it right, one day at a time.

Have a great day, James,

Mark

• Hi James,

I hope your week is going great.

UD uses Heapy Engineering and Edge & Tenny Architects. When they are contracted to build a building, they build to the integrated whole. They know the finish of the thing and all of its interdependencies>As Builts, Blue Prints and Schematics.

I did a Scripture word search for womb-used I think, 70 times, and the word formed. A whole lot of thought provoking Scriptures:

Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Psalms 94:9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Isa 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

I agree, James, money and vain glory causes men to do awful things to each other. But I think It's not Republicans or Democrats and sometimes not even Christians and non-Christians, but when we take our eyes off the Lord, the carnal man with his carnal nature is in cahoots with the unseen enemy and his temptings.

But God is still on the Throne and prayer changes things. God knows you and He knows me. He knew the date we would each receive Christ before we were born.

This last week was a great week and an adventurous one. After putting in a Variable Speed Drive and everything went well, I was asked to tie in duct detectors to five others. On one, the Drive went down. I couldn't find the problem and I thought a control board had failed. I prayed all weekend.

On Monday, it was warm out and without the Air Handler the Drive was controlling, the floor was going to get very warm. I had already arranged for a new board to be brought in. But I felt a prompting to see if I could bypass the problem. In the process, I found an original programming error and the Drive came back up.

The guys that put the Drive in are great friends and coworkers. It was their first Drive. Scripture talks about overlooking and concealing a matter. So I just told my manager, I found the problem. But if you could have seen me when the Drive came up. I was jumping all over the Mechanical Room, yelling "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Jesus!" For me, He is the difference in a good day and a bad one.

I don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican, but just a very flawed Christian, learning to get it right, one day at a time.

Have a great day, James,

Mark

•  

Does not hurt me that you believe Jesus was of a woman. I also believe Jesus was born out of a woman,but he started out life as a female as we are all female the first few months growing inside our mothers as females.

Drug Companies know how to stay rich.They give many millions to the Republican party. It is working the rich keep getting richer the rest of us well we are losing.
    Top 1 Percent Control 42 Percent of Financial Wealth in the U.S.,bottom 80% control only 7% of the wealth.We would need to go back to the Great Depression to see such lopsided data.

Did you see what the company GE made last year? They cleared over 14 billion,yet they paid  $0 in Federal taxes.  Worse then that, they got$3.2 Billion refund.

Lisa said:

James,

You are so right.  Christians find it just as hard as everyone else to follow the 10 commandments.   Common teaching is that they are to show us how impossible it to do things in our own strength and keep laws.  They point to the way to the solution provided by the death and resurection.  Much of Leviticus is law including sacrifices to pay for human failure to follow the Law.  Christ is considered the ultimate, ever lasting, spotless sacrifice.  Sinless because he was of the Lord.  Acceptable to pay for human sin because He was also of a woman.  I know you didn't want to hear that.  Really though, did you expect anything else from my point of view. 

Ladies get to encounter oh so intelligent doctors (sarcasm intended) who want to fix hormone deficiencies with head drugs.  Must be a good way to keep med companies wealthy.

• Dropping Kingdom insight for a while.  No folks it's not about you.  Just need to make a change.
  • James,

You are so right.  Christians find it just as hard as everyone else to follow the 10 commandments.   Common teaching is that they are to show us how impossible it to do things in our own strength and keep laws.  They point to the way to the solution provided by the death and resurection.  Much of Leviticus is law including sacrifices to pay for human failure to follow the Law.  Christ is considered the ultimate, ever lasting, spotless sacrifice.  Sinless because he was of the Lord.  Acceptable to pay for human sin because He was also of a woman.  I know you didn't want to hear that.  Really though, did you expect anything else from my point of view. 

Ladies get to encounter oh so intelligent doctors (sarcasm intended) who want to fix hormone deficiencies with head drugs.  Must be a good way to keep med companies wealthy.

• Lisa,

We agree on much you and I. 

As a person that dislikes taking medication but also suffers from winter blues I know about this all to well. Life in winter is so much better when I give in and take a small dose of the scientific wonder drugs anti-depressants. Ya got to find one that works for you is the hard part. Kinda bums me out to know so many people could be helped but won't try or feel they can't afford to see a doctor for there depression.

I've been doing so for five winters now. Start taking them in late November till March or April where I wean my self off them. Already done so this year. I just can't get enough sun light here in winter. I tried this bright full spectrum light thing that says it helps people like me and it did kind of but the little pill does it better. 

Hmmm, this legalism,I am going to have to look into this. IMO most Christians do this to some degree.

The 10 commandments leave a lot of room to do things I find bad. As well as asking us to do things most humans could never do. Who among us can afford to do no work on  Sabbath day?  Who can honestly say they honored there Mother and Father every day?

I have always wondered at the "You shall not make for yourself an idol,whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." commandment as being broken by most every Church I've ever seen. IMO, saints of the catholic church falls under this commandment as does any picture or statue of an Angel,Satan, God including the Christian one or maybe even pictures from the Hubble Space Telescope.

My small town has a good sized group of Mennonites where both sexes dress modestly and females wear head coverings. When I see a family of them in a store I can't help but think about the TV show "Little House on the Prairie."

Lisa said:

James,

Yep it's in English.  It makes sense too.  

Bitterness usually is deep seated anger about God knows what....usually going back for years.   I think sometimes those in the church are not well qualified to deal with things that should be handled by a psychologist.  That is why we have the profession.  There are Christian shrinks for those who prefer that option.  I have seen some... ahh... interesting teachings on emotional healing come through the church.  Some are effective.  A few, I latter discovered, had already been debunked in the professional world. 

it is true that people in all positions cannot deal with a problem until they admit they have it and decide to do something to make it better.  'Tis also true that a chemical imbalance is a biological problem best delt with by medical methods.  Seems to be a pattern in the church to want to do it themselves, and look down on those who need meds for these types of problems.  Christiandom can indeed be weird at times. 

Agree with your assessment of Mr. Tiller.

Robins have been back for a while now. Today was warm enough they could eat worms.  Most of the week they had to settle for last years berries. 

I thought I would let Mark deal with the word legalism.   Basically it refers to people who spend all of their time and energy trying to follow the rules of the Bible.  I am referring to those who follow rules above and beyond the 10 commandments.  Some would say that sects where everyone must dress a certain way would fit this term. 

Have a good evening

Lisa

• James,

Yep it's in English.  It makes sense too.  

Bitterness usually is deep seated anger about God knows what....usually going back for years.   I think sometimes those in the church are not well qualified to deal with things that should be handled by a psychologist.  That is why we have the profession.  There are Christian shrinks for those who prefer that option.  I have seen some... ahh... interesting teachings on emotional healing come through the church.  Some are effective.  A few, I latter discovered, had already been debunked in the professional world. 

it is true that people in all positions cannot deal with a problem until they admit they have it and decide to do something to make it better.  'Tis also true that a chemical imbalance is a biological problem best delt with by medical methods.  Seems to be a pattern in the church to want to do it themselves, and look down on those who need meds for these types of problems.  Christiandom can indeed be weird at times. 

Agree with your assessment of Mr. Tiller.

Robins have been back for a while now. Today was warm enough they could eat worms.  Most of the week they had to settle for last years berries. 

I thought I would let Mark deal with the word legalism.   Basically it refers to people who spend all of their time and energy trying to follow the rules of the Bible.  I am referring to those who follow rules above and beyond the 10 commandments.  Some would say that sects where everyone must dress a certain way would fit this term. 

Have a good evening

Lisa

•  Morning Lisa,

Good question, I agree with many of the lessons  the Bible has to offer.It's the super powers I don't believe in.Any one carrying a bunch of call it what you will,( bitterness, anger, jealousy, ill will,depression or anxiety will cause their own down fall.

Take George Tiller the guy that walked into a church with a gun and killed another human because he feel bitterness for what the Doctor did for a living. George is not a Christian warrior but a human suffering from the mental disorder of bitterness. He spend years working him self up to the point where he could take the life of another human.

If people get relief from mental problems by going through some kind of 5 step emotional healing program at church GREAT,I am all for it. Because in any program I have ever heard about the first step is to ACKNOWLEDGE the need.Admit to having a problem and getting help is the hardest part. Priest have training in this kind of thing and also are trained to know when a person may be beyond his/her help and have the troubled person get more help from a fully trained psychologist.The person may also need meds to help with a chemical imbalance in the brain.

I did say I did not understand Mark's uses of the word "Legalism". 

Hope this clears my opinion of  " root of bitterness". Again It seems we agree on it being a problem,we may not agree on root cause or healing of the problem.

Birds,My wife spotted her first Robin in our backyard two days ago.That is her cue that spring is almost here. Most of the snow was gone but the last two nights it snowed.Ground is again covered by a few inches of snow.No worms for the Robins yet.

I hope this is in english

Lisa said:

James,

I am surprised an atheist agreed so quickly with the phrase "root of bitterness".  It is a rather churchy kind of phrase often found in churches that focus on emotional healing.    In fact it is of many little Christian phrases that prompt me to comment, "Say it again, in english, please".   I'm curious why you so quickly understood what Mark meant, or did you? 

Green wing teal, gadwall, ringnecked ducks and I think a scaup have been added to the list of migrants passing through on the way north.   My boyfriend is anxiously awaiting stopovers by shore birds.  In light of the recent snow I think they need antifreeze in their feet. 

Lisa.

• Hi Lisa,

Thanks. I so agree. I can't fix me, so if I try to fix them, their latter state will be worse than their first. I should have used the word encourage or share by example of something that happened in my life. My one post to Steve has taught me more than all the other posts combined. I have repented and cried over that several times and I want to make sure I never hurt someone like that again. So I am seeking the Lord as to my motives. Me and James had gotten so use to slamming each other and I had logged in to answer James and there was poor Steve.

But with the Lord's help through prayer and reading/claiming His Word, I will be an encourager and not sweat the small stuff. I want to grow and be a joy to all I meet.

I just found Juanita's intercessor blog. It is awesome and that is where the power of change sets things in motion. I am grateful to you, James, Steve and expecially Juanita for hosting this, that is driving me to my knees and I will be a better Christian and person to be around in my work and daily life.

I read a quote on twitter, "Tell what I'm doing wrong. I may sulk for a while, but eventually I will be grateful." The Lord is doing that in a big way in my life. It hurts, I feel embarrassed, I feel awkward, but I am ever so grateful. Another twitter quote, "Every man that is a romantic, is some woman's investment. Every agape spirit is the Lord's investment."

Thanks Lisa,

Mark

This reply was deleted.