KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

The birds are back.   Migration is in full swing.  Ducks, geese, gulls, blackbirds, a swan, and even a killdeere once again abound on the local swamp.  I wonder how do they know it is time to go?  How do they know they won't get caught in freak storm?  I wonder did God give them the instincts to know when to leave and where to go?  Did He deisign them to just know how to find their way? 

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James,

I hope your day is going well. You ask some very valid questions and well worth digging into. For me, I work with people in an environment that is so easy to be an encourgement. I practice joy, I work at be joyful. But my workplace is not a forum with drawn out opposing views. This forum has highlighted some chinks in my armor, some flaws that never got dealt with coming out of party central, nineteen years ago.

But the difference, James, is I want to grow. I want to please the Lord. I want to be a benefit to the body of Christ and to people who pass through my life. So I am working on me, through prayer, reading God's Word, listening to sermons that teach me how to deal with this new highlighted flaw. I will grow, because I am determined to.

I am not looking to be a pain in everyone's butt. I do not want to be contrary to everything everyone says, so I am working on me. I will excel at this. With the Lord's guidance, I will deal with every flaw I have robbing my joy and hindering another.

I am learning to stop and ask why am I saying this? I can say the right things for the wrong reasons, so I am learning to check my reasons, so that my replies help to gender growth and not hinder it.

That is the difference between us, James. I want to grow, so I am working on me. In your views, everyone else is wrong no matter how valid there arguments, so it's all their fault, so no growth is possible. But life is choice. I've made mine. I will continue to learn and grow.

The New Testament is a Christian's manual for the New Birth. What I should be striving for. What I need to be focusing on, if I want my life as a Christian to have value.

The Old Testament shows God's requirements and was highlighted through a small nation as a theocracy. In the Old Testament, there were wars between Israel and surrounding nations, highlighting the constant battle between the Kingdom of Light and the kingdom of darkness. Physical manifestations with spiritual roots.

If I die without Jesus, I am under the law, judged by the law and go to the place of the damned. The New Birth takes me out from under the law of sin and death and puts me under the tutorship of Christ. But Sow/Reap is not negated, what I sow in this life, I reap. I am held to a higher standard in this life than you. I need to live by the Light that I have. "The son that I love, I correct...for his good and my glory."

It would have been so easy to walk away from this forum and you. But I want to please Christ. I want to get it right. The winner falls down more than the loser because he doesn't quit; he keeps going until he gets what he came for. The prize that he is reaching for.

Life is a process, not an event. I watch Christian Television most of the time. But lessons aren't really lessons until they can be applied in life. Last night I was watching a minister I won't mention to not get sidetracked who was teaching on faith. What I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth, so my faith will never rise higher than my confession>the words that come out of my mouth. My faith must be released through the words of my mouth. "Jesus, I am in this for the long haul. I may ooch and ouch, but please don't quit until I am pleasing in Your Sight."

I watched another favorite: "Legalism produces unforgiveness and kills joy. Unforgiveness creates a root of bitterness, alienates and separates. The defination of alienate is Arouse enmity or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness. Start praying and bless them and joy will return."

I am warned to be aware of the wiles of the devil and his subtlety and purpose. But I will learn to use a negative post as a springboard to build a platform to show a listening audience the goodness of the Lord. If I stick with this, I will not only teach what not to do, but how the Lord took me from here to there.

Where you will be is your choice, but I choose to grow.

Have a nice day, James,

Mark

Hey Mark,

My day is going pretty good.We are in a major outage on one of the units here. Tight time tables to get loads of hard work done make all a bit tense to say it mildly. With $1000 a minute in lost revenue with one unit down it is understandable. Yap, $1000 a minute this time a year with demand down in the summer it is more then $1000 a minute as we will have to go on the open market to buy power for more then we sell it to our members for.Ouch!!!That freaks many people out. 

You give a  super-being you have never seen, met or had a conversation with to much credit for the good person you are. IMO you could be a better person by following what you know is right and not some old out dated book. 

I'm not sure at what your getting at with the word "Legalism". Some how I don't think your talking about Old school Chinese philosophy.Now " Unforgiveness " I understand. I agree with your words it, creates a root of bitterness, alienates and separates. Like your calling people that follow Wichita as working for the Devil or calling Mormons and Jehovah Witness cults.  YA see what I am getting at?  I hope so.

You spend so much (to much) time and energy on looking for evil you leave a wake of it in your passing.The more you write the deeper the hole you have dug for yourself.

LOL, ya did it again. poke me with a sharp still by closing your post with a threat that I will be going to hell and that your a better person because you will be going to heaven.

Take care, Mark

James

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi James,

I hope your day is going well. You ask some very valid questions and well worth digging into. For me, I work with people in an environment that is so easy to be an encourgement. I practice joy, I work at be joyful. But my workplace is not a forum with drawn out opposing views. This forum has highlighted some chinks in my armor, some flaws that never got dealt with coming out of party central, nineteen years ago.

But the difference, James, is I want to grow. I want to please the Lord. I want to be a benefit to the body of Christ and to people who pass through my life. So I am working on me, through prayer, reading God's Word, listening to sermons that teach me how to deal with this new highlighted flaw. I will grow, because I am determined to.

I am not looking to be a pain in everyone's butt. I do not want to be contrary to everything everyone says, so I am working on me. I will excel at this. With the Lord's guidance, I will deal with every flaw I have robbing my joy and hindering another.

I am learning to stop and ask why am I saying this? I can say the right things for the wrong reasons, so I am learning to check my reasons, so that my replies help to gender growth and not hinder it.

That is the difference between us, James. I want to grow, so I am working on me. In your views, everyone else is wrong no matter how valid there arguments, so it's all their fault, so no growth is possible. But life is choice. I've made mine. I will continue to learn and grow.

The New Testament is a Christian's manual for the New Birth. What I should be striving for. What I need to be focusing on, if I want my life as a Christian to have value.

The Old Testament shows God's requirements and was highlighted through a small nation as a theocracy. In the Old Testament, there were wars between Israel and surrounding nations, highlighting the constant battle between the Kingdom of Light and the kingdom of darkness. Physical manifestations with spiritual roots.

If I die without Jesus, I am under the law, judged by the law and go to the place of the damned. The New Birth takes me out from under the law of sin and death and puts me under the tutorship of Christ. But Sow/Reap is not negated, what I sow in this life, I reap. I am held to a higher standard in this life than you. I need to live by the Light that I have. "The son that I love, I correct...for his good and my glory."

It would have been so easy to walk away from this forum and you. But I want to please Christ. I want to get it right. The winner falls down more than the loser because he doesn't quit; he keeps going until he gets what he came for. The prize that he is reaching for.

Life is a process, not an event. I watch Christian Television most of the time. But lessons aren't really lessons until they can be applied in life. Last night I was watching a minister I won't mention to not get sidetracked who was teaching on faith. What I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth, so my faith will never rise higher than my confession>the words that come out of my mouth. My faith must be released through the words of my mouth. "Jesus, I am in this for the long haul. I may ooch and ouch, but please don't quit until I am pleasing in Your Sight."

I watched another favorite: "Legalism produces unforgiveness and kills joy. Unforgiveness creates a root of bitterness, alienates and separates. The defination of alienate is Arouse enmity or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness. Start praying and bless them and joy will return."

I am warned to be aware of the wiles of the devil and his subtlety and purpose. But I will learn to use a negative post as a springboard to build a platform to show a listening audience the goodness of the Lord. If I stick with this, I will not only teach what not to do, but how the Lord took me from here to there.

Where you will be is your choice, but I choose to grow.

Have a nice day, James,

Mark

Hi James,

Sorry you are losing so much money.

James, I have my anchor and reference for life. His name is Jesus. I'm not bad mouthing any group. You brought up two groups and i believe they place Scripture second to their own books and leaders. I also said I know little about them, don't follow them and would never say they won't be in Heaven. Jesus is the reference and God is Judge.

I focus on Jesus. I focus on God's Word. Those are my choices. I am going to grow by them. I am going into eternity with them.

I want things to go well for you James, but your choices will not affect my outcomes unless I lose focus and get in foolish arguments. I choose Jesus. I choose the Bible. I choose to pray without ceasing. They will determine my outcomes. Your choices will determine yours.

James, it seems your only goal is to cause conflict in someone else's life. We each reap what we sow. I am going to try to be careful not cause others problems. I like joy and I have a very hard time with constant negativity, but I will keep praying and use your negativity to glorify the Lord.

Have a great day, James,

Mark

Hi James,

I'm on so I figured I would treat this like a round table and jump in.  Hope I have the talking stick for a minute.  I struggle with talking over people.  Working on that with the Lord's help.  I suppose you would just say "I'm working on that" and let the last half of the sentence drop. 

Sounds like it could be a rather stressful, intense day for you. Don't bite your tongue off trying to be nice to people.  Suspect mine would be about gone by the time the problem was solved.  Hope you are able to get the unit up and running quick.  Is any of the power supplied by windmills? 

When Christians follow that old outdated book they are doing what they believe to be right.  In it we find instructions for how to treat others with kindness, love and respect.  It teaches how to get beyond the saying and into the doing.  The problem is Christians are people too.   Some of them do a poor job of reading the directions.  I like that Mark is making a serious effort to follow what he feels is right. 

Accepting Christ and making a real effort to follow the teachings of the Bible does not make anyone better than someone else.   It just means that we have a different final destination.  It does mean that I believe that you and I will spend eternity in a different place than you.   Unfortunately, I have met people who manage to convey to the lost and to their fellow Christians that they are better than the rest of us. Grrrr.  Catch me at I bad moment and I'll say something far worse than grrr without even swearing. 

Rest easy after work

Lisa.

James,

I am surprised an atheist agreed so quickly with the phrase "root of bitterness".  It is a rather churchy kind of phrase often found in churches that focus on emotional healing.    In fact it is of many little Christian phrases that prompt me to comment, "Say it again, in english, please".   I'm curious why you so quickly understood what Mark meant, or did you? 

Green wing teal, gadwall, ringnecked ducks and I think a scaup have been added to the list of migrants passing through on the way north.   My boyfriend is anxiously awaiting stopovers by shore birds.  In light of the recent snow I think they need antifreeze in their feet. 

Lisa.

This unit will be down for 7 weeks.it is a planed outage.We have about an extra 600 people from all over helping us with this retro fit. Kinda neat stuff we are doing but it is not in line with the anti coal thing happening now so normal people will most likely hear about this. 

When this outage is over unit 2 will make 25 more Mw using the same amount of coal. Thats like 25 1 Mw wind powered turbines. We don't need no wind. Wind power is kinda a joke.  A wind turbine useful life span is 20 years but it can take from 10 years to 40 years for that turbine to produce eough power to pay for its self. Solar power is even worse. The large gap is because the wind does not always blow and the turbines are breaking down a lot. Last I checked the newer bigger ones are doing somewhat better in not breaking down so much. This is still fairly new tec at work.

Yes the company I work for has a few wind power farms and a large solar power plant.We also own a test coal fired power plant that is taking the waste Co2 using it to feed algae the algae makes oil. It is a neat field to be in now. 

I do understand that Christians are doing what they feel is right. The problem for me is when that right feeling is pointed at persons that don't share that same "this is right feeling"..  Like the Christians in Africa gang raping lesbians to cure them.  Or all the hate crime of gay couples houses getting burn down across the nation.

NC: Gay Couple's Home Burned Down

http://www.gayapolis.com/news/artdisplay.php?artid=6712

Lesbian Couple Who Had Home Burned Down in Alleged Arson with a big "QUEERS" spray painted on the side of there garage.

http://news.change.org/stories/insurance-company-ignores-lesbian-co...

As I have said before I have NO fear of going before your god to be judged by what I did in life. From what I've seen, I stand a better chance then many who call them selfs Christians of making it to Heaven. That is now most Christians also see it, including Mr.Pat Robertsons.

So yes when you all say I am going to a different place then you all after death I do take that as a threat. I also know it is the best weapon you all got. threats and damnation. so sad so so sad..... 

Lisa said:

Hi James,

I'm on so I figured I would treat this like a round table and jump in.  Hope I have the talking stick for a minute.  I struggle with talking over people.  Working on that with the Lord's help.  I suppose you would just say "I'm working on that" and let the last half of the sentence drop. 

Sounds like it could be a rather stressful, intense day for you. Don't bite your tongue off trying to be nice to people.  Suspect mine would be about gone by the time the problem was solved.  Hope you are able to get the unit up and running quick.  Is any of the power supplied by windmills? 

When Christians follow that old outdated book they are doing what they believe to be right.  In it we find instructions for how to treat others with kindness, love and respect.  It teaches how to get beyond the saying and into the doing.  The problem is Christians are people too.   Some of them do a poor job of reading the directions.  I like that Mark is making a serious effort to follow what he feels is right. 

Accepting Christ and making a real effort to follow the teachings of the Bible does not make anyone better than someone else.   It just means that we have a different final destination.  It does mean that I believe that you and I will spend eternity in a different place than you.   Unfortunately, I have met people who manage to convey to the lost and to their fellow Christians that they are better than the rest of us. Grrrr.  Catch me at I bad moment and I'll say something far worse than grrr without even swearing. 

Rest easy after work

Lisa.

Ducks kinda do have anti-freeze in there feet. Well the birds cools the blood before it goes to the feet to keep the birds feet from melting the snow/ice, then having it refreeze trapping the bird.

neat fact I picked up some where.

Lisa said:

James,

I am surprised an atheist agreed so quickly with the phrase "root of bitterness".  It is a rather churchy kind of phrase often found in churches that focus on emotional healing.    In fact it is of many little Christian phrases that prompt me to comment, "Say it again, in english, please".   I'm curious why you so quickly understood what Mark meant, or did you? 

Green wing teal, gadwall, ringnecked ducks and I think a scaup have been added to the list of migrants passing through on the way north.   My boyfriend is anxiously awaiting stopovers by shore birds.  In light of the recent snow I think they need antifreeze in their feet. 

Lisa.

HMMM, maybe someone should moves these post to " Ramblings of a few..." thread.

James,

If you feel a need to move comments to "Ramblings of a few" by my guest.  I hope your mouse, your patience and your computer are all much better than what I had to work with when I started that 'discussion'. 

Thanks for the reminder that bird do have a way of protecting feet from freezing.  I think songbirds do the same thing.  Shore birds aren't ducks but I'm sure that God or evolution as the case may be has designed them to deal with conditions.

You confirmed something that I had just heard about windmills.  I find them fascinating.  No problem with coal either when it's minded as safely as possible.    I figure every power source has it's trade offs.   Gee you'd think we would figure out how to make allowances for cloudy days, and windless days.   Then again that is why all the windmills see are on top of a ridge... 

Me thinks those African "Christians" were a misled bunch of sexually frustrated individual who couldn't get a date.  Those actions are just as wrong as anything the lesbians were doing.    Now, did you really expect a religion based on love to have a better threat....  Eternal torment not a problem.... of course not!  Not believing in God frees one from having to face the trouble of separation from God ( or do you spell it god.)  Sorry, I have probably offended you again.    I see you are still waiting for me to create some kind of bull excrement to explain the evolution sensitivity.   Maybe evolution doesn't have an answer for that.  That's it!  I bet you can't figure it out and are avoiding the topic...  

There now I have rambeled enough for three people.  

Here's hoping my mammal brother enjoys sleeping in Sunday Morning,

Lisa 

I have been wondering on how to be a benefit to these forums and how to add value to the body of Christ and to a lost and dying world. We are all in this together. God hates pride; he loves and looks for a humble heart. But He listens for His Name.

The difference between Christianity and every other religion in the world, is Jesus, the Living Word.

There is no power in my word. My word only opens the door to my insecurities, my frailties, self that hasn't been dealt with and a host of other weaknesses that does nothing but give our unseen enemy a foothold.

Every position is owned and granted by its owner. If we are given one, we are learning to add value to it, but the power is in the position. Every Christian is an ambassador of Christ and an intercessor through Christ. The Power is through prayer and speaking His Word. Speaking about His Word has no power. Speaking and claiming His Word sets things in motion,

Father, in Jesus Name, I am speaking and claiming Your Word:

The hand of the LORD was upon me and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. Again he said unto me,  Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, cover you with skin, put breath in you and ye shall live; then ye shall know that I am the LORD.

The Lord is our shepherd; WE shall not want. He maketh us to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth us beside the still waters. He restoreth our soul: he leadeth us in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

Yea, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil: for thou [art] with us; thy rod and thy staff they comfort us.

Thou preparest a table before us in the presence of our [spiritual] enemies: thou anointest our head with oil; our cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of my life: and we will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Lord, thank you so much for coming to our rescue.

In Jesus Name we pray,

Amen

Have a great day!

Mark

I am watching Jonathan Falwell and he is teaching about the Good Samaritan. It reminds me of when mom used to share the story of the two churches. We can see the curvature of lips in words. We want to contribute, but we are all flawed and end up doing what Paul shared, "That which I would do, I do not. That which I would not do, I do. Who will save me from carnal nature [that I can not seem to escape] I praise my God, He will."

If we would pray daily for Kingdom Insight, these forums and each other, we will find something change. We will look forward to sharing and coming to get recharged. What is impossible with man, is what the Holy Spirit specializes in. And He's very good at it.

We each have had things our lives we could share, things the Lord has taught us through our circumstances that others could benefit from.  The definition of instinct is  Inborn pattern of behavior often responsive to specific stimuli. As we continue to seek the Lord and invite Him to work through us, self will fall into the background. It is a process, day by day, moment by moment, a little here and a little there.

I read a quote on twitter, "We are each a complex mixture of thoughts and feelings. While we are working on ours, we should be patient while others work on theirs."

Every paper has a purpose. For me, I need to ask the question, "Is it to lift me up or to help you?" We can only get from the first to the second through prayer and speaking the Word out loud so it comes to life in our spirit.

We are living and growing page by page, but we have read the end of the Book. I know that when we get home, everyone that has posted here will be there and we will rejoice together, the Lord got us Home safe and sound.

Have a great day!

Mark

Interesting scripture pair.  Psalm 23 and Ezekiel.

Mark Edward Kroger said:

I have been wondering on how to be a benefit to these forums and how to add value to the body of Christ and to a lost and dying world. We are all in this together. God hates pride; he loves and looks for a humble heart. But He listens for His Name.

The difference between Christianity and every other religion in the world, is Jesus, the Living Word.

There is no power in my word. My word only opens the door to my insecurities, my frailties, self that hasn't been dealt with and a host of other weaknesses that does nothing but give our unseen enemy a foothold.

Every position is owned and granted by its owner. If we are given one, we are learning to add value to it, but the power is in the position. Every Christian is an ambassador of Christ and an intercessor through Christ. The Power is through prayer and speaking His Word. Speaking about His Word has no power. Speaking and claiming His Word sets things in motion,

Father, in Jesus Name, I am speaking and claiming Your Word:

The hand of the LORD was upon me and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. Again he said unto me,  Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, cover you with skin, put breath in you and ye shall live; then ye shall know that I am the LORD.

The Lord is our shepherd; WE shall not want. He maketh us to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth us beside the still waters. He restoreth our soul: he leadeth us in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

Yea, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil: for thou [art] with us; thy rod and thy staff they comfort us.

Thou preparest a table before us in the presence of our [spiritual] enemies: thou anointest our head with oil; our cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of my life: and we will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Lord, thank you so much for coming to our rescue.

In Jesus Name we pray,

Amen

Have a great day!

Mark

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service