One of the most relevant technologies to collide with ministry in recent years can be observed in the use of LED video signs to help take a church’s message outside its four walls. These signs are becoming far more commonplace today, and are now visible along many roads and highways nationwide. The glimmering, fast-changing messages, graphics and video immediately grab and hold one’s attention, quickly telling the stories of ministries across the country. The dramatic increase in the popular usage of these signs is not without good reason! According to the Small Business Administration, having an outdoor sign, such as a full motion video sign, typically increases visitor traffic by up to 150%. Imagine the impact one of these signs could have on your church’s membership growth and financial strength. This type of sign functions as a 24-hour-a-day evangelism tool; it’s like an outreach center that never closes! The versatility is amazing! You can display not only time & temperature and service times, but also detailed information related to church announcements, special events, guest speakers, and conferences & workshops. Many churches also use these signs to post Scripture references and devotions, quips & quotes, testimonies, church mission and vision, and historical and biographical information related to the church and its leadership. Of course, with an LED video sign, you’re not limited to just textual information. You can also reach out to your community with photos and moving video of your sermons or worship services. You might also consider clips showing the activities of your various ministry groups like mens, womens, youth, drama or dance. And of course, you can also show photos and videos of your outreach missions. Are you in the midst of a building project, or capital campaign? A video sign will allow you to continuously update members of the church and the community at large so that they can visually track your progress on the project. An outdoor video sign is perhaps the most important investment a ministry can make for informing its community about what God has to offer. In today’s society, which is overpopulated with fast-moving messages of all types, competing with one another for people’s limited attention spans, the technological advantage of an LED video sign is indispensable for churches that choose to win the battle of the information age for the Kingdom of God!

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I personally find these signs dangerous unless they are located where I need to come to a full stop. I get distracted watching the sign when I should be watching the road. I not saying don't use the signs. I am saying be careful with placement. Also be careful with just how captivating you make the message or any symbols that are displayed.
  • These moving signs sound really exciting. I've seen church signs in my area, but they are all billboard type signs. While text-only signs are a good way to advertise your church and what goes on inside the church, I think having animated video on your sign can help take a church sign to the next level.
This reply was deleted.