KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

I have been wondering about something that seems to be taboo for a lot of folks.
Allow me to back up for a moment.
Nearly a year ago ( in 2008), my brother-in-law passed away.
When he was younger, he was very involved with Youth For Christ, and had a seemingly endless thirst for things of the Lord.
Sounds like a typical Christian to me, or what I believe one should be like.
Well, here is where things take a slightly different turn.
Steve (my brother-in-law), had a "gift" for sensing spirits. My niece (his daughter) has the same "ability".
I had thought for a long time that such things were from Lucifer, period.
However, when Steve passed way, strange (for lack of a better word) things started happening around their home. Even my great-nephew who was only three at the time, said things like "Grandpa told him to stay out of the kitchen", when asked if he was in the kitchen when grandpa told him that, he nodded his head and said uh-huh.
This got me curious about what I had believed for a long time.
Even though I can't recall right off the entire story, I remember reading about a prophet that asked God to open the eyes of the man he was with; and when He did, the man saw an Angel with a sword standing off in the not to far distance.
I know we are NOT to seek out psychics, soothsayers, and so forth and ask them to contact so and so, for whatever reason. The same goes for Quigi (sp?) boards.
Those things are against Scripture, period.
With that being said, I would like some insight/opinions from others about how they view this topic.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When people communicate with dead people, it is necromancy and that is not in any way related to God. Demons have the ability to sound just like people we love and truly want to continue to love. Demons pray on our pain and hurt and our desire to stay in contact with those we love and then lose. Satan after all is only able to trick people. This is one ploy of satan. And sadly I have heard an increase of false teachings about Christians being able to have psychic ability...as if it is a gift from God. That is not true in any way.

True communication from God will have the word of God intertwined in it. And discernment is a gift from God...that gift allows us the ability to know when something is God or not. The bible without a doubt says we can see in the heavenly realm, and that we can see angels. But it does not give us examples or say that we would see or experience dead people.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6, 2019

© 2020   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service