KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Life-with or w/o God, does it matter? A Christian: Athiest Discussion. Would you like to listen?

You may or may not know, but I like to preach to atheists on twitter.   When I read their posts, I find a common theme

We're just as 'good' as people who are Christians

We have morals

We have standards

We live fulfilling lives.

So, I thought it might be interesting to have some discussions on this.

I am arranging for 3 Christians and 3 atheists to meet once a week to talk about our lives - with or whithout God as the case may be.   These will be non-confrontational talks..  To compare.  To talk.  To encounter each other.

If you want to keep posted on the schedule, simple post on this discussion.  I will be posting the time and dates of the discussion.  It will be web-cast so you can listen either live or a recorded version.

Thanks for your interest!

For tweeting:  http://www.bit.ly/9OhcCo

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you want to promote a better understanding of people by stating they are wrong? you want to disprove my faith while I simply want to understand your worldview..and you to understand mine...so we can co-exist...you are the bomb thrower here, not me

Jim Gardner said:
Well maybe we should put you in charge and leave all the Christians to talk among themselves, with no opposing views at all? Isn't it the case that the reason we are doing this, is because that has been the way of things for far too long, or aren't you interested in promoting better understanding between people?
where are the atheists' 3 questions?
As an outside observer, I think the best solution would be to find someone from outside of the Atheist or Christian groups to act as a moderator. Obviously it would be hard to find someone who is totally unbiased, but maybe a deist might work out pretty well.

I know this would be a fairly major change to the format of the show, but it seems as though it would end all the arguing over hosting/bias.

(If this sounds completely ridiculous then ignore my comment entirely aha)
Jim Gardner,

Please be advised that neither the show in question nor this community were created by yourself nor under your provenance or administration.

The guidelines and parameters of Kingdom Insight are applicable and not your own, if you choose to establish your own show and your own community, as per your parameters, this is your choice, but the standards of behavior that are applicable to and expected of participants will be applied.

Your persistent violation of common decency, the standards of this community, and the governance of this community requires a suspension of your participation.

As for the show, the show is a CHRISTIAN show in which atheists were invited to participate, there shall be no "neutral moderator" nor any governance other than that which prevails within and through the auspices of Kingdom Communities. The purpose is to have dialogue between Christians and non-Christians without acrimony or conflict.

Those who wish to establish something different, or those who feel or believe our approach is incorrect, are welcomed to establish whatsoever they wish...elsewhere.

Bill Collier
Kingdom Insight
Community Governance Administrator
My views on this topic are a little racey because i feel god had put us on this earth to reproduce and if a man and man or woman and woman get together than there is no reproducing ya know
What about those who are impotant, as they can't reproduce?

Autum Rose said:
My views on this topic are a little racey because i feel god had put us on this earth to reproduce and if a man and man or woman and woman get together than there is no reproducing ya know

I don't see how sex with a non-human animal would be okay unless you could ask the animal if it wants to have sex with a member of a different species. One would need to find a talking non human animal like the ones in the bible. If it is okay with the talking donkey and it is okay with the human animal who am I to say it is wrong.All I ask is to pull the blinds so I don't catch a glance walking by the window.

This made me think of a different sexual problem. Age.When is a person old enough to have sex. In  biblical times females were married off soon after their first period.More offen then not to a man much older then her,aranged by her father.She may not have even know the man before that day.

Juanita said:

I don't know if you saw above, but I could relate to you an incident that occurred just recently with one of my friend that shows that some people think sex with animals is OK. So - the nature of my question would be more to standards than specifics - if there is no law - how can you tell these people it is not ok. Maybe that would be a better way to frame the question...

If there is no absolute law - how can you tell people who think beastiality is OK that it is wrong?

Note. I am not planning on discussing the question on this thread, btw, it would be a little anticlimaxitical to the show.

Angie the Anti-Theist said:
It's the implication that you seem to equate bestiality (between a person and a non-person) with homosexuality (between two consenting persons) that offends me, Juanita. I can't speak for Jim, but from what I know of him, I'd guess this is why he was offended as well.

Juanita said:
Jim and Angie,

I am surprised at your response regarding the question about bestiality.

How do I know what you think about this? Some people think it is OK. Could launch into a story to illustrate, but I will spare you that.

And, if I don't know - wouldn't you be happy to have an opportunity to help the rest on the panel and the audience understand that that this is not something that you would think was a good thing? If it offends you to ask the question, I don't have a problem with dropping it.
I think that is a very great thing to have different talks with different ppl that is a great idea

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Insight Admin posted discussions
Apr 14
Insight Admin replied to Insight Admin's discussion Book Index. These discussions are intended to be a book.
"#0"
Apr 10
Insight Admin's discussion was featured

Book Index. These discussions are intended to be a book.

FORMATEach topic is one to two page, beginning on the right hand page. One in Christ…See More
Apr 10
Insight Admin replied to Insight Admin's discussion 1. Turning the World Upside Down
"#1"
Apr 10
Insight Admin replied to Insight Admin's discussion 2. The Church is Not the Kingdom
"#2"
Apr 10
Insight Admin replied to Insight Admin's discussion 3. There is No Plan B
"#3"
Apr 10
Insight Admin replied to Insight Admin's discussion 4. There Seems to be Some Confusion
"#4"
Apr 10
Insight Admin posted discussions
Apr 10
Profile IconKingdomInsight now has blogs
Apr 10
Profile IconKingdomInsight now has blogs
Apr 9
Insight Admin joined Juanita's group
Apr 9
James Bartlett posted a status
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1, 2021
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019

© 2022   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service