KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Life-with or w/o God, does it matter? A Christian: Athiest Discussion. Would you like to listen?

You may or may not know, but I like to preach to atheists on twitter.   When I read their posts, I find a common theme

We're just as 'good' as people who are Christians

We have morals

We have standards

We live fulfilling lives.

So, I thought it might be interesting to have some discussions on this.

I am arranging for 3 Christians and 3 atheists to meet once a week to talk about our lives - with or whithout God as the case may be.   These will be non-confrontational talks..  To compare.  To talk.  To encounter each other.

If you want to keep posted on the schedule, simple post on this discussion.  I will be posting the time and dates of the discussion.  It will be web-cast so you can listen either live or a recorded version.

Thanks for your interest!

For tweeting:  http://www.bit.ly/9OhcCo

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gentlemen, I think that if you can keep your heads level and simply present your atheist views it will help all of us. Remember as Christians many of us don't understand where you are coming from. Some of us would like to simply watch and learn while doing our best not to be prejudiced. I suspect that this may be much like the thing I encounter with people not from this region. I can identify them within minutes of meeting because they think
different. I think Christians and atheist simply think different. Neither of us is going to get anywhere until we make room for this different way of thinking.

Juanita, I am interested but with dial-up I don't think I'll be listening.
Here are details

We have identified the three Christians to dialog...

Myself, Paul Collier and Heidi Rafferty

Paul and Heidi are suggesting two other atheist dialogers in addition to Jim Gardner. We will keep you posted.

We are looking at holding the dialog for 6 early Sunday nights (EST), starting aprox. April 11th.

We will keep you posted!
In order to keep the conversation on topic, I have moved previous three posts to this thread

http://kingdominsight.ning.com/forum/topics/what-i-have-found-by-zd...
Will these be actual debates or just talks? If they will be debates then what are the planned topics?

If they are just talks then what is the motivation behind them?
If you want to be a real testimony to athiests, walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. People know the difference and can spot a phony from a long ways off. Not that you are one, just saying....By the way, the Lord has been really convicting me to forgive you for what your company did to my husband, so... I forgive you, with the help of the Lord, I forgive you.
To listen to the talk

It is current 3:00 EST. 3 hours from NOW you can hear the talk at this link on BlogTalkRadio

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/freedomist/2010/04/11/christ-atheist-d...
Jim - I DMed a couple of options to you - can you check and let me know?
I am sorry. I forgot your calling is rather limited to skype...

Jim Gardner said:
Well it looks like this wasn't quite as professionally arranged as I assumed it was. This is the first I've heard about using a toll free number rather Skype, which was the method I originally agreed to use with Juanita and the method that would make it easier to record the conversation. The conference call option on there works very well.

It's 8PM GMT as I write this. If you can get everyone together to use Skype in between now and, let's say, 10PM GMT then I'm still happy to be involved, but otherwise I think we're looking at a reschedule for another time—at least as far as my being involved goes.

Shame :(
Thanks everyone for being on the call and thanks to those who participated.

Guests

Anthony C. Okafor @a_okafor007
Anti theist Angie Jackson @antitheistangie
Jim Gardner - England @MovingToMontana
Heidi Rafferty - Kentucky @heidiraff
Juanita Berguson - Pennsylvania @JuanitaBerguson
Paul Collier - Pennsylvania @freedomist

I talked to Paul... He said he can improve the sound for the next session. If that doesn't work, we will need to swtich to skype

If everyone can post recommended discussion topics on this thread and indicate which ones you'd really like to discuss - we will select the questions for the next round.

Proposed:
* Liberalism
* Abortion (perhaps - my comment at the end was a reply to an earlier comment, so not sure if it is a topic that is actually desired)

Plus - how much EARLIER can you meet? I can meet 2 hrs. earlier (or less)
zDenny and Lisa

I moved your posts to this thread

http://kingdominsight.ning.com/forum/topics/zdenny-on-liberalism-an...

I would like to keep this thread focused on the BlogTalk Radio show. Thanks.
Jim,
I asked @GoodReasonNews if he would like to pose some questions. He thought that he might. You can check with him. I like the last couple groups of questions that you and Angie have been proposing... you can decide among yourselves how you want to finalize the two you will propose for tomorrow.

I am not sure when our group will be able to meet to discuss our questions... these are some that are 'on the docket', Paul has been out all week and I have not been on line, so we haven't had much time to discuss.

Here are some of the topics under our consideration, although - as I said, the list has not been finalized and we have not been able to discuss yet.

I will try to post the final list at least an hour before the call in case you or the others have an questions or comments before the show. I will update the Guidelines http://www.bit.ly/bRs3Go - the final questions should be posted at least an hour before showtime.

1. Last week all panel speakers said that they were for the good of humanity. How do you live that out?

2. What are your views on Homosexuality, Fornication (sex without marriage), Adultry (sex outside of marrage), beastiality (sex with animals)

3. As Christians, we believe that God should be the center of our life and when He is all other things will be in balance. Do you believe that lives should have 'a center'? Why? Why not? What should it be?

4. What do you believe about honesty? How about in things that others might not see like cheating on income taxes or cheating at school? Why do people who say they believe they should be honest still cheat?

Jim Gardner said:
Good questions, Angie.

Can we get one more atheist to propose questions and then get the three Christian's questions in before it's too late, so we have a chance to dispute / approve of any late changes?
Jim and Angie,

I am surprised at your response regarding the question about bestiality.

How do I know what you think about this? Some people think it is OK. I could launch into a story to illustrate, but I will spare you that.

And, if I don't know - wouldn't you be happy to have an opportunity to help the rest on the panel and the audience understand that that this is not something that you would think was a good thing? If it offends you to ask the question, I don't have a problem with dropping it.
The question was on various things regarding sex.

Angie the Anti-Theist said:
It's the implication that you seem to equate bestiality (between a person and a non-person) with homosexuality (between two consenting persons) that offends me, Juanita. I can't speak for Jim, but from what I know of him, I'd guess this is why he was offended as well.

Juanita said:
Jim and Angie,

I am surprised at your response regarding the question about bestiality.

How do I know what you think about this? Some people think it is OK. Could launch into a story to illustrate, but I will spare you that.

And, if I don't know - wouldn't you be happy to have an opportunity to help the rest on the panel and the audience understand that that this is not something that you would think was a good thing? If it offends you to ask the question, I don't have a problem with dropping it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2021   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service