Playing the game a different way

My niece plays ball, in her case, volley ball.  She knows what to do to win the game.  She told me about the strategies and tactics her team was using to win, boy does she know strategy.  Montana is a teenager    

When it comes to extending the Kingdom, too many people don't know as much as my teenage niece knows about 'winning'.  Too many don't know how to win people to Christ, don't know how to make disciples, don't know how to plant new works, often don't know how to solve conflicts with other believers by using Biblical principles.  It ought not to be this way.  

On our Kingdom Journey, we have a simple charter.   Gather believers, extend the Kingdom.   Those 5 words describe something profoundly different than anything I have seen before.   They describe uniting in communities to extend the Kingdom.  

Hey! I grew up and the same with many today, what we see is people belonging to 'this church' or to 'that church'.  In our effort - though people go to maybe a dozen different local churches, there is only one church.  It is just us, a small group for sure, but we see ourselves as the body of Christ, responsible to do the work of the Kingdom together in our community.  

We are learning is how to plant, perceive, proclaim, care & guide, and impart.   Our key focus area needs to be on the basics:  Disciple Building, Marriage Building, Family Building and Building the Body of Christ.  

We have three types of team leaders, each equipping us as we play our parts:

The Apostle equips us to Plant

The Prophet equips us to Perceive 

The Pastor equips us to Care and Guide

The Teacher equips us to Impart Team

What is the expected outcome?   If we are going to see the Good News of the Kingdom extend to everyone, we all need to learn a different way to 'play the game."

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes.  - Admin

• very excited to hear about this- what we need to extend the Kingdom are 'leaders'- people who internalize the DNA of the Kingdom and seek daily, hourly, minute by minute to LIVE the DNA of the Kingdom and teach others to do the same

This reply was deleted.