KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Setting Standards for Church/Ecclesia. Point # 1. The ministry of reconciliation?

I am part of a group that is exploring what it actually means to be the ‘body of Christ.’  You would think, with all the churches around, this would be common knowledge:  how to be the body of Christ.  

Well, it’s not.   How do we know?   Taking a look at 1 Peter  1:3 we see

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

It doesn’t take much more than a passing glance around us to see that even though HE has given us everything for a godly life, we are not seeing much of that godly life lived out.   There is a lack of holiness and commitment in the church and a lack of the resulting fruitfulness that comes from living Christ.

Our group, that I am part of, is exploring how to live Christ in our primary relationships…

• How to be disciples: disciple building starting with ourselves
  • How to be the married to Christ: demonstrating that reality with marriage building starting with ourselves
  • How to be the family of God: demonstrating family building in our natural and families in Christ

Learning these things is not easy.   But, we are committed.

We haven’t explored building the body of Christ corporately, yet.   That is a bit advanced for where we are now.

I have been thinking a lot about the primary principles of building the body.   Of course, we have lots ‘going on’ right now regarding the body, also called ‘the church’ – teaching, worship, etc.   To build beyond where we are now there need to be more and deeper connections.  And, when connection occur – you have problems.  Whenever you get more than one person together, you have problems.   Connect a bunch of people and, unless you have clearly defined roles and responsibilities as they exist in ‘local churches’, you are going to have messes.

So, I would say, POINT 1 in connecting the body is how to handle ‘people problems’.   This is the ministry of reconciliation, a skill that I think is sadly missing from our 'skill toolboxes'.  Perhaps that IS our biggest challenge - learning how to handle people problems.   We know lots about services, but when it comes to serving with each other and handling the ‘residue’ that arises from that; maybe not so much.

Anyone out there have skill in people problems?   What is your ‘secret sauce’ for getting them resolved?  Anyone ever explore using Matt. 18..   first addressing issues with the other person, then if they won’t listen, taking someone else to help get things resolved, then if that doesn’t work  - taking it to the whole body of believers?   Like ‘wow’ what unusual concept these are!  Personally, I have never seen it done this way.

I am involved with a conflict right now.   A big one with lots of people involved.  Lots is being said behind closed doors, on the phone and on computer screens.   At this point, it seems to me that people take Matt 18 as a nice ‘suggestion’, or maybe an ‘ideal’ that doesn’t apply to ‘us’…   I am not seeing this:  people taking JESUS seriously about what he told us to do to set things in order when there is conflict.  

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

It seems to me that the knowledge and instructions Jesus gives us should be acted on.   I know it is ‘not the way we do it.’   But…  maybe you have seen it done the way he said to do it.   Can you share?

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reading "The Bondage Breaker" or seeing the video teaching series may not sound like a solution, but we're learning that a good percentage of people sitting in the pew are struggling with thoughts that that seem to hold them captive. Until they break free of old habits, past sins, garbage that fills their mind, they're going to have people problems because roots of bitterness, unforgiveness, immorality, doubts, depression and others bog them down.

Recommendation: Dr. Neil Anderson recognizes that God has called him to a ministry of reconciliation. His first series (twelve 15-minute lessons on knowing who we are in Christ) has just been completed in a class we are teaching. We're now ready for the second series - going step-by-step through topics that address all our issues - eventually finding freedom in Christ. That freedom sets us free to become a functioning, faith-filled member of Christ's body, armed and ready for battle. We can then victoriously confront conflict. Phenomenal testimonials from many people attest to the fact that this reconciliation is needed and life-changing.

Ginger, 

Thanks for the recommendation!  It sounds like a good series!   It reminds me of the Bill Gothard teachings that help people resolve internal conflicts that we often carry with us from our youth.

Ginger Haan said:

Reading "The Bondage Breaker" or seeing the video teaching series may not sound like a solution, but we're learning that a good percentage of people sitting in the pew are struggling with thoughts that that seem to hold them captive. Until they break free of old habits, past sins, garbage that fills their mind, they're going to have people problems because roots of bitterness, unforgiveness, immorality, doubts, depression and others bog them down.

Recommendation: Dr. Neil Anderson recognizes that God has called him to a ministry of reconciliation. His first series (twelve 15-minute lessons on knowing who we are in Christ) has just been completed in a class we are teaching. We're now ready for the second series - going step-by-step through topics that address all our issues - eventually finding freedom in Christ. That freedom sets us free to become a functioning, faith-filled member of Christ's body, armed and ready for battle. We can then victoriously confront conflict. Phenomenal testimonials from many people attest to the fact that this reconciliation is needed and life-changing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Robert H Patrick left a comment for Pascal Musore
"Thank you for the request!"
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
Robert H Patrick joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Responding to God's Call!

Building with the 5C'sCALL.  I want to respond to God's CALL to serve and i will CALL others…See More
Jun 18
Thumbnail

The Reformation Manifesto by Cindy Jacobs

We will review the book to understand our part in God's plan to change nations today.See More
Jun 18
Profile IconRobert H Patrick and James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
Robert H Patrick left a comment for James Bartlett
"Thank you James!"
Jun 12
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Robert H Patrick left a comment for RON KING
"Thank you Ron!"
Jun 10

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service