KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

This is a book I wrote to encourage and let folks know they are never alone...A Blessing in the Storm: Muscular Dystrophy messed up my life and made me whole

Everybody has a story. This is mine. Everything in my world seemed to be going great. It seemed as though the world was at my feet. But there was a merciless invader called Muscular Dystrophy that suddenly took over my life. I initially thought God had forgotten about me, or I thought maybe he was punishing me for the bad things I had done in my life? But I came to realize that what I viewed as a crisis...has actually been a catalyst for an encounter with the Living God... And my life now is a much better place!
This book is a memoir of radical change. You will learn all about the hopeless broken girl I used to be. It's out of that brokenness you will meet the woman I was destined to become. It's a story about learning how to make lemonade out of life's lemons. So take a journey with me and discover hope!

Here's what some have said about my memoir:

"Lori, I got your book! It is wonderful. So far (I'm only half way through), I can relate to nearly everything in it. It's great that your husband did an intro. He sounds like a great guy. I'm going to print it up so I have it for those times when I'm away from the computer. I'll probably underline and highlight some things too."

"Your book speaks about overcoming obstacles. It speaks about struggles through adversity as well as perseverance, sensitivity as well as insensitivity, pain and suffering, hope and faith. Ultimately, it speaks of your personal affirmations of God’s unconditional love!"

"I genuinely believe that regardless of whether ones limitations are in fact, physical, or emotional, everyone should read this AMAZING book, which inspires us to find God’s purpose in our lives."

"Blessing in the Storm is just wonderful. It will be a revelation to so many people that someone who is "disabled" can have so much joy. I pray that readers will see how Christ has worked in your life and want what you have in Him. "

"Lori’s memoir, underneath the surface, is not really about her struggle with Muscular Dystrophy, though it is the catalyst for every message in it. It’s mostly about her plight spiritually."

"Lori is genuine, honest, purposeful and direct with her memoir. It’s filled with day-to-day stories and experiences that have carved her into a beautiful woman of God, one who is still learning how to lean and showing others how to do so right alongside her."

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Through the fiery trials you have come out Blessed BY GOD stronger in faith.GOD is using you as a witness to HIS GLORY.May GOD Bless You and Guide You

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service