God is always speaking to our hearts. Please, take a minute and share...
What is He saying to your heart?
We all want to gain insight on how to build His Kingdom! What areas areas of building His Kingdom are you most interested in?

Here is the mission of KingdomInsight for those who want to learn more! Here...

Here are our Community Standards:  Here...

Thanks for being part of this community and working to extend the Kingdom of God!!!
Most importantly - share: What is God saying to you??!!!!???

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Howard,

I don't think I said "Thanks" - but those were great thoughts you shared!

Howard Sherman said:

Thanks Juanita. I shared something similar to this on another site. This is the question I posed (asked) on that site:

"Something I just was thinking about.
    Are we "striving" to do Gods will and please Him, or are we surrendered to His will which is pleasing to Him? Matt.11:29 "

Usually questions like this that I ask, have very little "feedback" or even "Like"(s). Why that is, I have no idea.

You're right about it being so hard when it comes to "Resting in HIM", when it seems like all we can see is what needs to be done.

So in reality, the comment I made on here, and the question I asked, I was directing toward me as much as anyone, if not more so.

I've been overwhelmed before, and it took my Pastor (at that time) to share that truth with me as I couldn't see it. I guess it was because I was too close to the situation.  Me thinks the problem can be traced back to the fact that, quite often we hear about a need and ( in some cases) almost made to feel guilty if we're not involved. It's not up to us to make sure everything is done, we're not the one sitting on the Throne. That place is reserved for only ONE, and it's not us. We are however, to be obedient to the LORDS leading. I'm learning more and more each day, the difference between being a "religious" Christian, and one that is lead by the Holy Spirit. I have to admit, it's not easy to truly "Let Go and Let GOD!" when it goes against what you've come to believe over the years. (Well, for me it isn't anyway! ;) )

Juanita said:

Howard,

You said it all.  I really appreciated this reminder ~ I needed to hear it.   Resting in HIM is so hard when you see so much in front of you that can/should be done!

Howard Sherman said:

It's been awhile since I've been here on this forum.
    The LORD has been showing a lot to me lately. I won't go into every one of them right now, however, I will say that He has (and is) showing me that we need to stop "striving" to serve Him, but simply surrender to His will. "Striving" is works in disguise, while surrendering is just that, surrendering.

• Thanks Juanita. I shared something similar to this on another site. This is the question I posed (asked) on that site:

"Something I just was thinking about.
    Are we "striving" to do Gods will and please Him, or are we surrendered to His will which is pleasing to Him? Matt.11:29 "

Usually questions like this that I ask, have very little "feedback" or even "Like"(s). Why that is, I have no idea.

You're right about it being so hard when it comes to "Resting in HIM", when it seems like all we can see is what needs to be done.

So in reality, the comment I made on here, and the question I asked, I was directing toward me as much as anyone, if not more so.

I've been overwhelmed before, and it took my Pastor (at that time) to share that truth with me as I couldn't see it. I guess it was because I was too close to the situation.  Me thinks the problem can be traced back to the fact that, quite often we hear about a need and ( in some cases) almost made to feel guilty if we're not involved. It's not up to us to make sure everything is done, we're not the one sitting on the Throne. That place is reserved for only ONE, and it's not us. We are however, to be obedient to the LORDS leading. I'm learning more and more each day, the difference between being a "religious" Christian, and one that is lead by the Holy Spirit. I have to admit, it's not easy to truly "Let Go and Let GOD!" when it goes against what you've come to believe over the years. (Well, for me it isn't anyway! ;) )

Juanita said:

Howard,

You said it all.  I really appreciated this reminder ~ I needed to hear it.   Resting in HIM is so hard when you see so much in front of you that can/should be done!

Howard Sherman said:

The LORD has been showing a lot to me lately. I won't go into every one of them right now, however, I will say that He has (and is) showing me that we need to stop "striving" to serve Him, but simply surrender to His will. "Striving" is works in disguise, while surrendering is just that, surrendering.

• Howard,

Howard Sherman said:

• It's been awhile since I've been here on this forum.

• Amen!

Scott Plume said:

What is God saying to me right now? That the "old" must die in order for the "new" to establish, and that His followers are worthy of deliverance & freedom. 

• What is God saying to me right now? That the "old" must die in order for the "new" to establish, and that His followers are worthy of deliverance & freedom. 

• Thank you, Juanita

Carmine

Juanita said:

Carmine,

That is wonderful that you have published a book.   Thank you for your one page summary.   I will let our community know about your book and ask for ideas to help promote it.

God bless you! 

Carmine Gorga said:

Very  good question, Juanita.

My answetrs are many. The most important of them is that intellectuals have no logical standing when they make fun and denigrate those who believe in God. 

I have just published a book to this effect titled "A Case for God."

Clearly, I need much help in disseminating this message. Any help you and your community can provide will be essential to the success of this new intellectual world I have been gradually building over fifty years of research and publication in peer-reviewed journals.

Carmine

PS - I am an old friend of Bill Collier

• Bill, 

This was a real word of encouragement.   You are right, we all have things that occupy our thoughts, but we have to work to keep God in the center!

Dr. Bill Smith said:

Thanks for the refocus.  I am so involved daily in reporting on the political and moral chaos of the day, that I have slipped to the back of my mind the the very messages which the Holy Spirit share through me as a teaching pastor.  

While I remain committed to the call of my present efforts as a watchman / reporter on the wall, I do appreciate your reminder and the words of those who have already commented. I can only hope that the things we are experiencing are "birth pangs' preparing for His return.  

But, I also realize that the sins of America, and total humanity,  are great and that even Christ's Ambassadors suffer when righteousness is not upheld by the rulers/leaders of a nation.   Fortunately, we can be at peace because God knows His plan/work for us and until his grace is removed from the world, we can experience his love, forgiveness, compassion, wisdom -- far more than we can imagine -- until our appointed time in the flesh is ended  through death or His return.,  Maranatha - Come Lord Jesus.

God bless!

• Carmine,

That is wonderful that you have published a book.   Thank you for your one page summary.   I will let our community know about your book and ask for ideas to help promote it.

God bless you! 

Carmine Gorga said:

Very  good question, Juanita.

My answetrs are many. The most important of them is that intellectuals have no logical standing when they make fun and denigrate those who believe in God. 

I have just published a book to this effect titled "A Case for God."

Clearly, I need much help in disseminating this message. Any help you and your community can provide will be essential to the success of this new intellectual world I have been gradually building over fifty years of research and publication in peer-reviewed journals.

Carmine

PS - I am an old friend of Bill Collier

• Thanks for the refocus.  I am so involved daily in reporting on the political and moral chaos of the day, that I have slipped to the back of my mind the the very messages which the Holy Spirit share through me as a teaching pastor.  

While I remain committed to the call of my present efforts as a watchman / reporter on the wall, I do appreciate your reminder and the words of those who have already commented. I can only hope that the things we are experiencing are "birth pangs' preparing for His return.  

But, I also realize that the sins of America, and total humanity,  are great and that even Christ's Ambassadors suffer when righteousness is not upheld by the rulers/leaders of a nation.   Fortunately, we can be at peace because God knows His plan/work for us and until his grace is removed from the world, we can experience his love, forgiveness, compassion, wisdom -- far more than we can imagine -- until our appointed time in the flesh is ended  through death or His return.,  Maranatha - Come Lord Jesus.

God bless!

This reply was deleted.