KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

I have been ponders what qualities make up a good church.  I am refering here to the congregation one joins with on Sunday morning. 

What qualities do you look for?

Is it the character of the leadership?  How they handle their authority?

The prescence or abscence of bible based preaching?  New Testament only...or both Testaments.

The freindliness of the people and how they treat each other and the pastors?

The denomination or maybe even lack of denomination...oversight by a board or elders?  Who do the Pastors anwer too, if anyone?

The style/length of the song service if there is one?

Baptism of Holy Spirit and other languages...views on the gifts of the spirit... prophetc words.

( I know this last one could be touchy.  I am not trying to start a doctrinal debate...so please refrain and put those comments in a different discussion if you feel you must go there.)

Which of these qualities do you find important in a church?  Why?

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What makes a good church?

Let me answer with the words of a first-time guest when she filled out her first-time guest survey:

"AH HAAAA, I finally found a church that puts people over itself!!!"

Think about her statement awhile and you'll surely end up at the Great Commandment.

But that doesn't necessarily answer the particulars of HOW to do the GC.

So let me ask this in particular:  What does attending your church LOOK and FEEL like to a visitor (guest)?  Can you "see" through your visitors' (guests') eyes?  To you, are they simply visitors, or are they honored guests?

Blessings, Dr. Dave

Different sides have different views.  

Leadership folks often see a good church as one that has a lot of people and a good amount of income, with other folks wanting to copy what they do.  They have large buildings and plenty of them.  They have the latest in technology and music and multiple services.  New people will come every week.

"Lay leaders" often see one where they can fit into the system and be a part of this organization, using their talents and gifts for good.  

Folks with enough money for it to make a difference see a good church as one with great accounting skills and that Most Holy Writ, the Tax Receipt.

People with technical ability or musical skills see a good church as a place where they can use their talents, but not too much or they will feel taken advantage of over time....unless they, too, get paid.

People with kids will differ, but for the most part, will see a good church as one that takes care of their kids for them in a manner consistent with their preference: some for small, intimate settings for their kids, and others will prefer large, noisy, entertainment type of care.

Finding a good church will obviously depend on what it is you look for.  It will depend on what you need and desire.  It will depend on what you offer, or are willing to offer.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service