Who teaches the teacher, leader?

Just a thought. I have spent a bit of time in the classroom. Nearly every time one of my students manifested or threw a fit I had done something to bring it on. Sometimes it was because they didn't like the boundary I had drawn and I needed to stand firm. Sometimes it was because I had done something that left them feeling disrespected or falsely accused. It is amazing how much better things went when we all learned what bugged each other and started respecting that. After I knew what bugged my students, I could be more careful about not doing it. I was also able to identify what student behaviour contibuted to the problem and give my "kids" a gentle warning instead of just messing up again. This atmosphere of mutual respect helped us all. I took me quite awhile to figure this one out. I wonder what would have happened if I had not learned from my students?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ha, Ha. : )
    Don't know that I should claim I got really good at it myself.
  • If you hadn't learned, you may have been like some of the teacher I had in school who were bad, they should have never become teachers, they had no skill!
  • I wonder is the Lord the only one who teaches the teacher?
    Do the students ever teach their teacher?
This reply was deleted.