KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Preface

Hello, my name is Timothy Andrews, and I died of cancer at the age of 42.  People said I should not write my own obituary, but I declined their advice.  I wanted to share my regrets with you. I wanted to share my joys with you as well.

I was very successful.  I made more money than most.  A real workaholic.

I regret the husband I was not.  I regret the divorce that ensued because of my fling with Margaret.  I regret I left two boys to their mother's care with a father's bad example, boys who now call another man Dad.

I regret the Christ-follower I was not.   I was successful in all the wrong ways. My life was centered around business, not God.  In my heart I knew I was on the wrong path. I regret I didn't turn my life around.

I regret the time I was out with Jack.  He was trying to talk about his family difficulties.  By then, I knew better and knew Jack was making mistakes. Instead of helping Jack with his difficulties, I shifted the conversation to 'the deal.'  I closed the deal. Six months later Jack took his own life; his problems overwhelmed him. I, Timothy Andrews, could have helped. I didn’t. Now that I am dying, that pain is finally beginning to heal.

I regret my treasury.  I leave over two million dollars to sons who I now know would have rather have had me than my money.

I was strong, smart and capable.   I could have made a difference for so many.

Cancer came on suddenly but during the few months I've had it, I have come to realize that my life was consumed with cancer long before my body succumbed.

And, yet, I am grateful… To a Father who has forgiven me and waits for me on the other side of the veil.  Please prepare, He waits for you as well. You want Him to welcome you, not close the door.

I am grateful for children who have worked hard to express their deep love for their rich, but derelict father.

I am thankful for a family of believers; I barely knew them. I was like a ghost who haunted a pew, second seat in, the seventh row.  Being reared in church, I was compelled to be there. When they realized I was sick, they wrapped themselves around me, making sure I am fed, making sure I am loved.  I'm not an ideal member with a spouse and 2.3 children, ready to dig into service. In my weakened state, I can no longer sit in the seventh row, second seat. I'm truly a liability - yet, they have taken me in and loved me.  Without them, I would have walked these last days alone. God provides, even for those who least deserve it. I am thankful to God.

I am grateful for cancer and not a sudden heart attack.  In these last days that I have been dying I have seen more clearly than I saw when I was living.  I write this so that while you have breath, you can choose life.

This obituary reflects a dazzling perspective of clarity.  

It is not to morbid to ask…   am I happy with how my your obituary would read?  

If the answer is “No”, this book is for you.  

Many years ago Johnny and I came to a point of total commitment to God.  At that time, I don't think we knew that there was a Kingdom. We just knew about church. It was the place we gathered.

As time unfolded, Johnny and I started a marketplace ministry and named it Kingdom. Interestingly enough, many people told us that we shouldn't use the word ‘Kingdom’ as the name for our business. Their reasoning?  They said that the word ‘Kingdom’ belonged to a group of people who weren't following Christ. We thought about this. We disagreed! We said, “The word ‘Kingdom’ belongs to God and no one can take that away! We’re going to use the name Kingdom!”  We started our company and named it Kingdom Tapes and later Kingdom.com. Now there’s been a shift and the word Kingdom has become popular in Christian circles.

Many people have only heard the Good News of salvation. Yes, the Good News of salvation is included in the Good News of the Kingdom. But, the Good News of salvation can leave out the Good News of the Kingdom with the result that some do not hear about the Kingdom. In salvation, we are saved to something: the Kingdom of God.  And, of course, we are saved from something. We are saved from the kingdom of darkness. God has put a longing in every human heart. God has put eternity in the hearts of men.  Eternity is a longing to find our place and purpose in this universe; it is a longing to be part of something lasting and to see goodness in our lives and the lives of others.

The Kingdom, alone, is the place where all of our needs and longings are fully satisfied. That is why, as we live it out, the Kingdom must be observable. People need to see that in the Kingdom we live the life that God wants to give them.

In the Kingdom the blind receive sight, prisoners find release, the oppressed go free, they have a foretaste of eternity. When we are transferred into His Kingdom, eternity with God starts for us right now. Embracing eternity is becoming part of a Kingdom that never ends. This is the Kingdom coming, coming to us.

Who can say “no” to heaven?

George Barna and company tell us the Kingdom is not influencing society and forecast things will get worse. The Kingdom coming, with just us it's impossible. Yet, with courage, with faith and with God the impossible will happen.

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

— Robert Schuller

For God’s glory, I want to live an extraordinary life. Truth be told, extraordinary in the Kingdom sometimes can look less than successful. Consider the point where it didn't look that good for Jesus.  He was being abandoned by His friends, being spurned by His relatives, and dying on a tree. Then, God raised Him from death and established His Kingdom. God’s plan is that we succeed in spite of apparent circumstances and setbacks, overwhelming odds and insurmountable challenges.

Have you noticed that learning new things can be uncomfortable?  To get to a new place of fruitfulness, we need to be desperate for change and deliberate in achieving it.  Our ability to advance the Kingdom together depends on learning and doing new things. We may struggle. It will be costly. We need focus and skills. We need to share our stories of what God is doing.  

We need to work together.  We, the sons and daughters of the Kingdom, are God’s plan as the hope for all of humanity.

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”1  

The Kingdom is God’s total  provision for man’s total need.

-Pastor Sunday Adelaja

Together, let’s move into our Kingdom Destiny.  

“One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” — Andre Gide

Note to Reviewer:

Scriptures will be added to text after the reviews are complete.

If you want to comment, you need to log in.

1) I'd like to know...  would reading this preface encourage you to buy the book?

2)  What we would like to know

* Did you take away any insights?   If so, briefly describe

* Suggested improvements for the book.

1 So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.” (Luke 11:2, NKJV)

2 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, As the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14, NKJV)

3 He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (Colossians 1:13, RSV)

4 But let each one test his own work, (Galatians 6:4a, RSV)

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come together for corporate Worship and Prayer. It is not "The Church"! We ARE! You and I are the Church.
God does not need a Church House to live in, He lives in our hearts, He goes with us every where we go.

The TRUE Church is one without walls, the Ecclesial. Where every we go, we are God's Ambassadors or representatives, we should always be going on business for the King of Kings and Lord of Lord's. We never know when we will be called on to give a Word of encouragement, or to offer a Prayer for a need a person has. We sometimes need to answer questions that a brother sister has or even many times a lost person may ask. We are to show the Love of God to everyone, all the time, no excuses allowed!

You can have "Church where ever you are, on a Street, in your car, in Walmart or at the mall, in the yard, in your home or the home of a neighbor, or even up in the mountain/hills alone. "Church" happens when ever and where the Spirit of the Lord is leading you.

James,

i could not agree more.  As I post the book- let me know if the book adequately reflects this.  Would you be able to do that?

How did you like the Preface?

James Bartlett said:

A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come together for corporate Worship and Prayer. It is not "The Church"! We ARE! You and I are the Church.
God does not need a Church House to live in, He lives in our hearts, He goes with us every where we go.

The TRUE Church is one without walls, the Ecclesial. Where every we go, we are God's Ambassadors or representatives, we should always be going on business for the King of Kings and Lord of Lord's. We never know when we will be called on to give a Word of encouragement, or to offer a Prayer for a need a person has. We sometimes need to answer questions that a brother sister has or even many times a lost person may ask. We are to show the Love of God to everyone, all the time, no excuses allowed!

You can have "Church where ever you are, on a Street, in your car, in Walmart or at the mall, in the yard, in your home or the home of a neighbor, or even up in the mountain/hills alone. "Church" happens when ever and where the Spirit of the Lord is leading you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8
James Bartlett posted a discussion

The next Closer Walk Bible Study

The next Closer Walk Bible Study (Conference Call) will be tomorrow at 8 am EST. On Wednesday…See More
May 6

© 2019   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service