KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Community Builders!

These are some of our key needs...

Discussions - we need more activity regarding discussions. We are getting tons of visitors and new members are streaming in... Lots of activity in discussions gives them things to 'plug into' right away.

Groups - we need group members and leaders to be scanning the intests of new members and inviting them to the group that matches their interest. We need members and leaders to create discussions and, when they create the discussion, remember to add an invitation to their group... i.e. "If you enjoy this discussion, consider joining with the group.. {describe the group} {add the group link}.

I would like you to both PRAY that these be supplied AND be willing to cast vision to those who have the skills and desires!

Outreach Group. We have people join that make it clear that they are on a quest for God. We need a PRIVATE group of people who are committed to helping them find their way. That is one of our important missions - to seek and save the lost!

Music/Worship Ministry. We have many joining with this interest. Currently there is only one or two discussions on this. This is way too few. We don't have a group for them, either.

Children/Youth. Someone is considering taking a lead role for Children/Youth ministry. This is very needed! The enemy is stealing our children!

Business/MarketPlace Ministry. We do not have a group to support market place ministry. This is such a need - ministry takes place IN our homes and in the market place. Much understanding is coming forth in this area... I would like this Insight to be available on KingdomInsight!

How can you help?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

NO. MY BUSY TIME OF LANDSCAPING IS COMING UP NEXT WEEK. I AM ON OVER LOAD RIGHT NOW, AND NEED TO GET MY GAME GOING. I DON'T THINK I AM THE ONE TO OFFER DISCUSSIONS, ETC. AT THIS TIME.

I am rather a lone wolf, and work one on one. This kind of work is too confining, appreciate the invite. but in thinking things through, this is not for me. It would spread me too thin, and I've learned not to get involved in too much, creates too much baggage.

Much love and blessings to all.
TraveLight

Lynne
Thanks, Lynne! I understand.

Mary Anne and Sarah,
Thanks for the excellent feedback. You both shared on the need to create focus. That is wise! Yes, I think it is wise to scale to what we can be productive with. I find that knowledge based groups are not as effective as action based groups - let's gather for a purpose that is clear, defined and get-r-done! Of course, I am a person of action! So, this makes sense for my personality.

One thing that is not so good about this ning platform is that it doesn't tell us how many reads we get. On other forums, for every post, we can see between 10 and 100 reads depending on how active the forum is. I often scan through members and see the same people online again and again, yet they don't post. They are often the readers/browsers. Sarah, I think your posts really relate to these types of browsers! They are blessed by what they read but too shy to post. Or maybe they don't know what to say. You hear them say thing like, "I've been here a lot and finally decide to..."

Mary Anne - thanks for rising to the challenge on the business group!
I have a few minutes... here are a couple things I do...

I may look at the members list and if they are online - it says - I'll do a quick post on their wall or pop them an e-mail. Just trying to draw them out a bit. These connections cause the community to grow together.

I look at the profile of new members and comment on something relevant to their profile...
Do they love prayer? I invite them to Prayer Warriors.
If they are in business, I'll invite them to your group, Mary Anne! :-)
Or, I might post the link to a discussion...
My main interest is the discussion section. This is the only group I am in and you see how little I contribute. Most of your areas of need are not something where I am able to make much of a contribution.
I think the best way to involve children and youth is to get a couple of youth leaders to invite members of their youth groups to join and start discusssions that youth will be interested in. Maybe give them their own category. There is so little that is youth oriented here that anything other than a mass invite would not have good results.
Lisa said:
My main interest is the discussion section. This is the only group I am in and you see how little I contribute. Most of your areas of need are not something where I am able to make much of a contribution.
I think the best way to involve children and youth is to get a couple of youth leaders to invite members of their youth groups to join and start discusssions that youth will be interested in. Maybe give them their own category. There is so little that is youth oriented here that anything other than a mass invite would not have good results.

Hi Lisa,

The reason there are not a lot of youth oriented forums on the internet is due to internet laws regarding children in the US. Unless we have someone here who is intimately knowledgable with these laws, I would not recommend a forum for minors as it 1) must have proper parential notification and approval and 2) could make Juanita personally liable (as well as any forum members) for any presumed mis-information or mis-conduct provided within the forum or by forum members/leaders.

http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm

RSS

© 2017   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service