Something new to share with those who don't get budgeting........
See how this makes it easier to see what the idiots are really doing…
Subject: Just Drop 8 Zeroes and it all makes sense
If you want to understand the magnitude of the recent debt and
budget reduction actions agreed to by Congress and the President, this
non-partisan example really puts it in perspective.
U.S. income: $2,170,000,000,000
* Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000 (about 1 percent of the budget)
It helps to think about these numbers in terms that we can
relate to. Therefore, let's remove eight zeros from these numbers and
pretend this is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family:
* Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
* Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
* Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Amount cut from the budget: $385
Can you imagine doing this?