KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

I am on vacation in the Dominican Republic. This time has given me much opportunity for prayer and reflection. Plus, some time for excellent reading. This is what God is saying to my heart:

If we would see God's kingdom advance, we must never be satisfied with the status quo. We must not feel like we have arrived.

If we arrive at satisfaction, we will not move into all that God has for us.

Here is the challenge to all of us… Look around: the walls are broken down and the gates are destroyed by fire. The gates that hold back wickedness are crumbling. CAN YOU SEE IT? Does it hurt your heart?
The body of Christ is losing members and influence. As individual believers, as churches and as Christian leaders, we should be helping to solve the issues emerging around us, yet we struggle to survive as churches.

I am fully convinced that God has given us everything pertaining to life and godliness. I am fully convinced that He has a better way. And, I am fully convinced that part of His plan is to join believers to meet the needs of our community. To join with other believers in our concern for and impact to our country. As American citizens, this is part of our responsibility.

Are you with me on this?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My heart cry is "Amen". My heart has been aching & so saddened by the walls that are broken down & the gates that are destroyed by fire. It really does hurt my heart deeply.

I totally agree with you that God has given us everything pertaining to life & godliness. I am also fully convinced that He has a better plan of joining believers to meet the needs of the community. Yes, we need to join together to impact our country. Our country is so divided at this point. It is almost like two entities. I also believe that God has a plan that He is revealing to His people so that His kingdom will be enlarged & that He will be lifted up in this nation! Lord Jesus unite us with Your goals & purposes that we would be about Your business! I believe that He wants to send a blazing trail of revival across this nation! People will become more hungry for Him & realize that He is the one and only true & living God....our Lord & Savior!
True Robert, but I wasn't advocating that pastors lower themselves. My basic point is this: let's not be afraid to be among the people who aren't so clean; let's not be afraid to share the good news with them.
Robert E Steinkamp said:Let's not confuse pristine with holiness. Yes indeed, Jesus worked with sinners, but He never sinned. He is our example that we can work with people without doing what they do. If a pastor lowers himself to the level of the world for the sake of reaching them, who will be their example after they are redeemed and God starts to clean them up?
I think there very few true follows of Christ "Christians" in our nation. Consider what Jesus says is required to be one.

Luke 14:25-27,33
"Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple…In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

Right before these words He gave us the “Great Banquet” parable, where he basically communicates that people value family, material things, and work more then God Himself and as a result will be rejected.

Consider how Matthew records what is required to be worthy of walking with Jesus.

Matthew 10:37-39
"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

I think the reason why most churches are disengaged from building the Kingdom of God and are struggling to survive is because they are mostly made up of people that love other things more then God, “non-Christians”.

Jesus is giving the same message to churchgoers in America that he gave to the Churches of Sardis and Laodicea in Revelations 3.

"You have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up!
... you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
...You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked."

I think the best thing we can do is join our voice with His and call people to repent from all of their idolatry and give Him the supreme love that is due him.

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

If we quote John 3:16 lets make sure we quote up to verse 20 so that we are not guilty of spreading the lie that giving a mental ascent to a creed is all that is needed, while continuing to love evil and hating the light is acceptable.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life… Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

We demonstate the sincerity of our love for our spouses in how much we try to please them. In the same way Jesus said that we demonstrate the sincerity of our love for Him by obeying his commands.

John 14:21
"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
Thanks for the responses. I can't tell you how critical I think this is!
There ya go again...sounding all 'Nehemiah'...I love Nehemiah! So...The King has granted you/us access, and He has given you/us all the provision you could need to re-build......
---sound the alarm, so that the people might see and understand the vision to build!

My heart aches along with yours...in prayer I have for years cried out for the re-building of the walls..I agree with your heart cry!

The greatest thing about Nehemiah, was that he put people in charge of the parts of the wall that existed closest to where their dwelling(places of rest) were. So...the people had a vested interest in keeping that wall maintained...BUT when an ALARM was sounded, they grabbed a shovel(desire to mend and build) and a sword(tools like the word to protect and defend). Sorry about rambling, but I had a "wall obsession" for a few years...hahaha!

With ya!
After reading through this thread, I can find myself coming to the same conclusion I started with; God is bringing to light the sin and corruption that has been going on within this nation for far to long.
Those who are in high places, He will bring low, and He will raise the lowly ones up.
We must never loose sight of the truth of His Word, that He is Lord, and Sovereign over all.
One would also be wise to keep in mind, that He has called us to be separated, not isolated.
This is true of things that are political in nature as well. He seeks for those who are willing to stand in the gap, by being involved.
The question is: Will He find some who are willing?
I am feeling this today....
The degree we are mourning over the state of our nation determines the degree we will have passion to begin rebuilding...
Juanita said:
I am feeling this today....
The degree we are mourning over the state of our nation determines the degree we will have passion to begin rebuilding...

... made me think of Nehemiah.... re-building with one hand, holding a sword in the other... I love that story, even with half the strength, if we keep to task and stay vigilant, we be successful in the tasks God puts before us. It's time to stop mourning and start working.
Mo,
Thanks. Yes - I feel this is a Nehemiah calling! Let's rebuild the walls!
i am with you on this....no matter where we are, we can always go up, no matter what we do, we can always do more and no matter how well we think we do something, the first thing we should think about is how can we do it better...it's an evolution of thought....
Is today a 'a day to be satisfied with the Status Quo' day or is it time to make a difference?
I am with you on this, and we must arise and be the Church that changes the world around us.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2021   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service