I keep hearing this statement over and over again. Im not sure I agree with it. If God had a reason for everything that happened, then wouldnt that make him an unjust and unloving God? Why would a loving God allow a baby to be created if he knew they would be aborted? That would make him unjust which would contradict his Word.
Because we live in a fallen world and the world is Man's God cannot step in and take over everytime something bad happens. Its not God's fault when bad things happen. Its just the world we live in. God just allows things because if He stepped in for one He would have to step in for All.  Which is why bad things happen. (thanks Eve...LOL)
 I personally believe that not everything happens for a reason. God can take a bad situation and make it work for good but that doesnt mean God intended or KNEW this would happen. This also brings up the subject of Predestination that I will be opening in another discussion.
What do you think about "Everything happens for a reason"?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think everything happens, if not for a divine reason, then just for the pure reason that every action has a consequence, both good and bad. People choose to abort their babies, not God. I also recently found out this interesting fact - about 50% of all pregnancies end in natural abortion at only two weeks into the pregnancy, which most women don't even know they're pregnant at this early stage. This is called a "chemical" pregnancy. Also, things happen in nature which are just beyond our control. It doesn't mean it's "God's fault" or anything, it's just because things happen.
  • this is so true and it is a sad thing that most "church goers" don't get it. Often times, even the pastors fail to teach that God uses "dispensations" for a reason and HE also said (paraphrasing) he was disappointed in creating man. he could have stepped in supernaturally calling ALL legions of angels to his rescue on the cross but HE chose not to ......same as HE chooses not to intervene today when, we think HE should..HE is all knowing and we can never re-create nor know more than the CREATOR! Praise God!

Dwayne Leon Gobin II said:
    God's Word is known to be inerrant and infallible, meaning all that has been printed in the pages of each of our Bibles. Yes, there are many translations but it is mainly so they can help us to understand the meaning of the text better than what we could before. Therefore, God's Word says that He is all knowing, He is all powerful and that He is everywhere(Isa. 46:9-10 Psa. 139 7-12). Even though God is all knowing, I believe that He knows what is going to happen if we make this decision or if we make that decision. He knows the consequences and the benefits; but, because we have a free will, it is up to us what we finally do. As far as saying that if God knew what was going to happen, then He would not allow it? That right there I am going to have to disagree because all of these bad and evil things happen as a result to sin. You see, Adam had rights to this earth but forfeited them when he sinned against God(1 John 5:19); this is why the Apostle Paul calls satan the god of this world(2 Cor.4:4). Until Jesus comes back, there will be sin and then after Jesus' thousand year reign, satan will be let out of his cage for a season then will be tossed into the fiery pit forever(Rev. 20:7-10. Yes, with God, all things are possible(Mat. 19:26), but he cannot go back on His Word and the choices we make are our own. I am not putting God in a box and saying what He can do and what He cannot do, but I am just saying what the Bible says. I do not pretend to know everything but I do know this that if God was able to jump in and take control completely, do you not think that He would have snapped His fingers and make us all saved a long time ago?
  • Amen! Sis I think you just answered your own Questions....Does everything happen for a reason? ...yes..we just aren't always given the Privaledge to know the answers.....I will continue to pray for you if you would like. Be Blessed Laura

Lisa said:
    I think we need to remember that God also allow the devil to exist and cause havoc in our lives. Also that God works everything for good. That doesn't mean that we can always see the good in the situation now or ever. There are things in my world where frankly I can't see a good outcome in myself or others. Think we agree that the loss of badies is tragic and appears to us useless. What if God is working on some big something that is way beyond or limited time frame, vision, and understanding? What if that something results in something so hugely good that it makes all those useless deaths valuable? I can also point to some bad things in my life and how they have worked to humble me or teach me resulting in the somewhat changed person I am today. Without those bad things I'd have never grown or gained understanding in these areas. I have also learned that God can get me through it because He has gotten me through it!!!
  • God's Word is known to be inerrant and infallible, meaning all that has been printed in the pages of each of our Bibles. Yes, there are many translations but it is mainly so they can help us to understand the meaning of the text better than what we could before. Therefore, God's Word says that He is all knowing, He is all powerful and that He is everywhere(Isa. 46:9-10 Psa. 139 7-12). Even though God is all knowing, I believe that He knows what is going to happen if we make this decision or if we make that decision. He knows the consequences and the benefits; but, because we have a free will, it is up to us what we finally do. As far as saying that if God knew what was going to happen, then He would not allow it? That right there I am going to have to disagree because all of these bad and evil things happen as a result to sin. You see, Adam had rights to this earth but forfeited them when he sinned against God(1 John 5:19); this is why the Apostle Paul calls satan the god of this world(2 Cor.4:4). Until Jesus comes back, there will be sin and then after Jesus' thousand year reign, satan will be let out of his cage for a season then will be tossed into the fiery pit forever(Rev. 20:7-10. Yes, with God, all things are possible(Mat. 19:26), but he cannot go back on His Word and the choices we make are our own. I am not putting God in a box and saying what He can do and what He cannot do, but I am just saying what the Bible says. I do not pretend to know everything but I do know this that if God was able to jump in and take control completely, do you not think that He would have snapped His fingers and make us all saved a long time ago?
  • I think we need to remember that God also allow the devil to exist and cause havoc in our lives. Also that God works everything for good. That doesn't mean that we can always see the good in the situation now or ever. There are things in my world where frankly I can't see a good outcome in myself or others. Think we agree that the loss of badies is tragic and appears to us useless. What if God is working on some big something that is way beyond or limited time frame, vision, and understanding? What if that something results in something so hugely good that it makes all those useless deaths valuable? I can also point to some bad things in my life and how they have worked to humble me or teach me resulting in the somewhat changed person I am today. Without those bad things I'd have never grown or gained understanding in these areas. I have also learned that God can get me through it because He has gotten me through it!!!
  • I'm sorry you feel that somehow, God is not the ALL KNOWING, EVER PRESENT God that he is. See, he does know all things and does allow things for reasons we may never know. He said (paraphrased) my thoughts, are not your thoughts and my ways are not yours, and even what seems right to a man is still foolishness to me. Him knowing all things makes him GOD and it is HIS just judgment to decide what and where HE will Supernaturally intervene. If he did what we thought was right and just and fair , we would be no better than satan an the other fallen angels that tried to be like God. He says he is the ALpha and Omega, beginning and end. Therefore; he knows and is the beginning and is and knows the end to all. I would live to chat with you more. Many people find it hard to understand the "Why's" and then daw the conclusion that "their" reasnoning is wiser than the Creator. I have many questions myself, but, I know whole heartedly God is in control and the evil I see and hear is the work of satan's demonic activities but his demise we already know.. Praise the Lord. Be Blessed , Laura
This reply was deleted.