It seems to me, that one topic of interest for Christians is where are we on the time table? Has the Book of Revelation opened yet? And how does Mathew 24 relate to Book of Apocalypse? Are they talking about the same time frame? Will there be a Rapture?

This is one topic I am woefully lacking on as far as giving Scripture references. I mean we've all heard "As was in the days of Noah..." and "As was in the days of Sodom.." and "When you see the fig tree in bloom.."

Is the "Times of the Gentiles" refering to the Gentile Church? Our answers don't have to be a treatise, just a one or two line comment if we want.

I was just wondering what would be a good topic that would generate interest and when we get to see what we read about is a question I think most of us at least wonder about.

I often wonder if things will unfold the way we envision them to or if they are unfolding now and we don't recognise them and are waiting for a future unfolding?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmmm...  Every time a person turns on the news, they might wonder WHAT IS HAPPENING????
  •      Lisa,

Christianity is a revealed religion so only God can reveal the truth to you concerning the pre-tribulation rapture.  I pray that the Lord would reveal the truth to you.   I'm not sure about your question about the seals, the 6th chapter of Revelation talks about seals being opened and things being revealed.  I just woke up though and have not had my morning coffee, so maybe I'm not really sharp right now.       

• And post rapture/death we will no longer be tormented by such things...now if we could just figure out if we are going to rise before, during or after.   What's with all the seals that get broken anyway?
  • Hi James,

Thanks. That's why I used the word supposedly. I got it off a Computer Tech email that adds jokes to attract customers. I thought it was a nice contrast. But I know what you mean. I used to get emails all the tme that said, "If you send this to ten people, you will inherit lots of money in seven days and if you don't, you will have seven years of bad luck." So I made a Web Page of The Ultimate Email: http://www.thereflectionhouse.com/letter/letter.htm I think Internet Explorer is the only browser that plays the Website right, at least Firefox doesn't. It has to do with how the program Scrippy builds Web Pages.

Thanks James,

Mark

•  Hey Mark,

It is a cute story. Not real according to snopes.com.First showed up in July 07.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/prayer.asp

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi Lisa,

I had someone offer to paint my picture on a milk carton, once...

This is supposedly a true story:

In Mt. Vernon, Texas, Drummond's Bar began construction on expansion of their building to increase their business.

In response, the local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means".

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied any responsibility or any connection to the building's demise. The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork, that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer and an entire church congregation that now does not."

I thought that was cute. Have a great day, Lisa.

Mark

• Insurance doesn't cover acts of God.  They were both desperate.

• Hi Lisa,

I had someone offer to paint my picture on a milk carton, once...

This is supposedly a true story:

In Mt. Vernon, Texas, Drummond's Bar began construction on expansion of their building to increase their business.

In response, the local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means".

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied any responsibility or any connection to the building's demise. The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork, that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer and an entire church congregation that now does not."

I thought that was cute. Have a great day, Lisa.

Mark

• The wheels are kind of interesting.  I tried to draw the see of glass and surrounding angels (whatever they are).  Didn't turn out very well.  BTW I struggle to draw a straight line with a rulter too.  Would rather paint a milk can or something.
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks. I look forward to going in the Rapture if the Lord blesses me with a long enough life. I told my niece once, I thought I was going to live until 84 to contrast the first 42 to the last 42. She told me I was going to live until 104; I like her version better, so I will be here at the sounding of the last trump... :-))

Thanks Steve,

Mark

Steve Belttari said:

Mark,

I pray that the Lord will give you a greater understanding of this truth taught in scripture.  The Jewish religious establishment at the time of Jesus understood scriptures like Zecheriah 14 where blood flows as high as the horse's bridle when Jesus returns, and Ezekial 39 where the Jews bury dead bodies for 7 months after the 2nd coming of Christ.  During the 1st part of Christ's earthly ministry he was quite popular, but when the Jews realized that Jesus was not going to wipe out the Roman occupation government, they turned against Him and began to plot to take His life.  When people hope for the 2nd coming instead of hoping in being joined with Jesus in the air to receive a resurrected body(1 Thes 4 vs 13-18), they are being just like the Jews of Jesus day and will not be raptured.  They will be left to go through the Tribulation for further discipline and will probably die as Christian martyrs.  So much better to serve God now as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God(Romans 12 vs 1). 

Mark Edward Kroger said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the reply. I was just watching Ed Young, I think Junior and he is saying the same thing. The rapture kick starts the tribulation. and he was saying the same things, unity and charity. I wonder about the virgins and the oil since Jesus was preaching a Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gentile Church wasn't in view yet. This is a topic I know so little about because I have never done any real study, just some accepted generalities.

Thanks Steve,

Mark

• Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear your voice. I am like you, I don't know Scripture Apocalypse specifics and I haven't done any kind of a real study. I read a quote on twitter, "Sometimes no matter how smart we are, we have days where we are an idiot." I am just trying to make sure I don't have too many of those days. :-))

I was just looking for a topic to start a conversation. I thought there might be some that have done studies or might have some insight to the imagery. I have always thought Ezekiel's wheels were pretty awesome. I like Scripture's imagery but have never folllowed something through Scripture to see if one paragraph explained another.

Thanks Lisa,

Mark

This reply was deleted.