Islamic Antichrist

Revelation 19 vs 10 says that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.  In the post 9/11 era it might be necessary to update some of our understanding of prophecy.  I'm specifically making reference to Rev. 17 vs 10-11:

"And there are seven kings:  Five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come;  and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

Old School Interpretation                                 New School Interpretation

Egyptian Empire                                              Egyptian Empire

Assyrian Empire                                              Assyrian Empire

Babylonian Empire                                           Babylonian Empire

Persian Empire                                                Persian Empire

Grecian Empire                                                Grecian Empire

Roman Empire                                                 Roman Empire

Revised Roman Empire                                     Ottoman Empire

Revised Roman Empire                                     Revised Ottoman Empire

The old school interpretation never really made sense, it was based on some preconceived ideas about the Catholic church and the European Union.  In light of the succession of empires and Islam's growing militancy to implement Sharia law throughout the whole world, the new school interpretation must be the truth.  The Western liberal mindset is incapable of dealing with the new Islamic threat, but we are capable, because 2 Thes. 2 vs 6-8 teaches that the Antichrist is being restrained from being revealed or coming into power by the presence of the Church, but when the Church is taken out of the way(raptured), the Islamic antichrist will then come into power.   

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The revised Roman Empire would be the territory that the old Roman Empire ruled, Europe and the middle east.

Lisa said:
    The revised Roman Empire is the European nations?
  • The revised Roman Empire is the European nations?
  • The Ottoman Turks ruled the Middle East for hundreds of years, up until a little after World War 1 . The Ottoman Turks sided with the Axis powers during WW1, and because of this the geography of the Middle East was drastically changed after the war. Artificial countries like Iraq were created by the British, mainly to exploit their natural resources(oil). The revised Ottoman empire is Islamic Sharia law on a worldwide basis. There are 54 countries in the world that have at least some Sharia law in their governing structure. Islamic Sharia law is not just another religion, it is state totalitarian tyranny and oppression on a grand scale.

Lisa said:
    Call me clueless, what is the revised Ottoman empire?
  • I was wondering that too...lol

Lisa said:
    Call me clueless, what is the revised Ottoman empire?
  • Call me clueless, what is the revised Ottoman empire?
  • I would suggest also taking the timeline in Daniel. I personally believe we will be here thru it. The Bible says Jesus us comingback once, not twice. When He comes every eye will see Him and He will bring His Kingdom with Him. Also, I would ask, why would God take all the Christians away in the most intense point of history when we are the most needed? Why should we be exempt?

Steve Belttari said:
    Maybe to get a little bit more insight into 2 Thes. 2 vs 6-8 you should read the 1st 5 verses. Another scripture that supports the pre-trib. rapture is Rev. 4 vs 1, but to receive this, you have to understand the time breakdown of the book of Revelation. Chapters 1-3 are during the church age which we are presently in, chapters 4-19 is the 7 year tribulation period, chapters 20-22 is the 1st 1000 year reign of Christ and then the new heavens and new earth where God reigns for eternity. One of the great promises of the Bible is that we will not have to go through the tribulation(Rev 3 vs 10). Just think of it, during the 1st 3 1/2 years of the tribulation-the so called lesser tribulation, 75% of the population will die in judgments, plagues, pestilences etc...Then comes the so called great tribulation period, Jesus said that unless God had cut those days short no would survive! While all this is happening we will be in Heaven enjoying a 7 year banquet-ceremony(Marriage Supper of the Lamb) where we receive our rewards for all eternity. Oh, I forgot one thing, we will have a sinless resurrected body that we received when we were joined with Jesus in the air(1 Cor 15 vs 51-52, 1 Thes. 4 vs 13-17).

Steve
  • Maybe to get a little bit more insight into 2 Thes. 2 vs 6-8 you should read the 1st 5 verses. Another scripture that supports the pre-trib. rapture is Rev. 4 vs 1, but to receive this, you have to understand the time breakdown of the book of Revelation. Chapters 1-3 are during the church age which we are presently in, chapters 4-19 is the 7 year tribulation period, chapters 20-22 is the 1st 1000 year reign of Christ and then the new heavens and new earth where God reigns for eternity. One of the great promises of the Bible is that we will not have to go through the tribulation(Rev 3 vs 10). Just think of it, during the 1st 3 1/2 years of the tribulation-the so called lesser tribulation, 75% of the population will die in judgments, plagues, pestilences etc...Then comes the so called great tribulation period, Jesus said that unless God had cut those days short no would survive! While all this is happening we will be in Heaven enjoying a 7 year banquet-ceremony(Marriage Supper of the Lamb) where we receive our rewards for all eternity. Oh, I forgot one thing, we will have a sinless resurrected body that we received when we were joined with Jesus in the air(1 Cor 15 vs 51-52, 1 Thes. 4 vs 13-17).

Steve
  • just out of curiossity, where does it even talk about the church being raptured before the anti-christ?
This reply was deleted.