Let's face it... there are two 'rules' that we all have heard. In polite company, don't talk about religion or politics. Well, these may be politically correct rules and people are living under them. But, they aren't good rules. What are you doing to change the rules?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mike. Good point. That is why the focus of this forum will be things that we can DO to make a positive impact. Political 'debates' need to happen on other forums suited to that type of dialog. Thanks for your reply.

Mike M said:
    Valia said:
    Religion and politics are two of my favorite subjects to talk about. It's sad that our society has been conditioned to accept what the government tells us without question. Our government was founded on religious principles. Somewhere along the way we lost our principles as we slowly let things seep in which destroyed the basis in which our country was founded.

I don't make any apologies for my beliefs, and I don't think anyone should. We should speak our minds on the things that are important to us, especially in this day and age. If we fail to, it may be too late, because our very freedoms will be taken away, all due to our fear of being judged for speaking our minds.

Now talking about the government and talking about politics are two very different things. I love to talk about the good the bad and the ugly of our government however, the politics that are more based in beliefs and ideas that is where people get a little crazy. lol
  • Valia said:
    Religion and politics are two of my favorite subjects to talk about. It's sad that our society has been conditioned to accept what the government tells us without question. Our government was founded on religious principles. Somewhere along the way we lost our principles as we slowly let things seep in which destroyed the basis in which our country was founded.

I don't make any apologies for my beliefs, and I don't think anyone should. We should speak our minds on the things that are important to us, especially in this day and age. If we fail to, it may be too late, because our very freedoms will be taken away, all due to our fear of being judged for speaking our minds.

Now talking about the government and talking about politics are two very different things. I love to talk about the good the bad and the ugly of our government however, the politics that are more based in beliefs and ideas that is where people get a little crazy. lol
  • Religion and politics are two of my favorite subjects to talk about. It's sad that our society has been conditioned to accept what the government tells us without question. Our government was founded on religious principles. Somewhere along the way we lost our principles as we slowly let things seep in which destroyed the basis in which our country was founded.

• I think this a very easy issue to deal with be open to other peoples views, feelings and ideas. You do not have to agree with them however you do not have to cut them down and or attack them because they feel different about certain topics. I feel sometime people are almost afraid to talk about religion around each other because they do not want to offend someone. I mean I have the luxury of sitting next to Jonathan B and we have great talks about the implication of many things. Great example what if the people of Gaza drop an atomic weapon on Mecca can imagine the religious implication as well as the ramification. WOW!
    Now Politics is a tough one Even I am afraid of that one. LOL
  • I nearly got in trouble while working my last job...over this very issue...thankfully, it was a mostly christian environment...but when we were told our call center was closing...I wrote each employee a note...on a distinctly christian note card...and expressed to them that Christ was with them ....well, one recipeint was a "wiccan"...and wanted to protest. However, one person stood up for me. It stopped there...but it gave me a glimpse into what's coming...and what threats we face if we stand up for Christ. My prayer constantly, to Him..is please, Lord...if I have to face harm for You...give me the strength not to cave in. I think it's possible that it could happen to any of us in this world today. Our brothers and sisters in Christ in many countries are facing mutilation, death, torture...for Christ..."politican correctness" is not nearly as severe...yet.
    Sharon
  • I share my feelings, but I amvery careful with a person's comfort level,and if I sense discomfort I back off. If I don't they will and the battle is lost. What I amfinding is that there are many in the silent majority that feel the same way I do. Unfortunately many were not aware of BO's record and position on issues and voted him into office on rhetoric.

I think I am going to try to get a daily read on issues before our President and Congressmen & Senataors; then get a vote date and then find out who voted for what. Then I would like to be able to e-mail this on a daily basis to all media in my state and on different blogs. I think people are running for office, but their position on specific issues is not known to the public and this is one way of making our politicians accountable, thereby making an individual accountable for the way he votes. If anyone has any ideas on how to go about doing this please feel free to share with me.

Jan
  • Hi Juanita:

Who made the rules? This should be your first question. Be ready always with a ready answer to those who ask of the hope that is in you. You as a believer should be IN THE KNOW well able to add two and two if you have an open door or not. Be a follower and a doer of the Word of God rightly deviding the Word of truth. Approach always willing to share God's Word but not Intrusive. It's line upon line, then God gives the increase. God's Word does not return void. You are just sowing seed. You will know if you have an open heart that receives and if you are able to sow more seed. TraveLight which is the real rule.
    More on this later, as I have just joined. and pleased you asked this question, Juanita, It needs an answer.
    Yes share God's Word. If the person does not receive it, shake the dust off your feet.
    Then keep Movin' On, it's the loving thing to do. making life light and simple.
    "The Word spoken in due season, how good it is!: You can't get any better than this.

Thank you,
    Lynne Jones
    www.travelightgame.com
    In the picture, who is winning? Everyone wins, that play TraveLight
    contact me for more info: cinthecountry@bellsouth,net
    A portion of the proceeds go to KingdomInsight and humane treatment of animals.

Picture of Girls Playing Cards.jpg

• PC got my post removed!!
  • This is a very touchy thing.....particularly, for me, a business owner who tends to be pretty open. I do find that many of my customers are of a similar mindset. I do have a Sacred Heart of Jesus on the wall, no religious verbage, as I believe it is not needed. On politics, people are voting with watching MSM one-four hours of news a week. I do leave Fox News Channel on but some people change the channel, some listen and say they agree and others ignore it. Sometimes we just plant a seed. It is very touchy, especially so as a business owner because we have bills to pay. But my "Jesus Picture" says a lot.

I believe the idea that relgion and politics should not be discussed is a way for the far left to get their way by making it uncomfortable for us to discuss it. I am working on some ideas in my state and hope this Spring bring something forward to bring all of us together to share information and conversation.

Even though I am Catholic, I believe we all are worshipping the same God, have the same beliefs and say the same prayers. It is great that we can all work together. Watch for important items of discussion going on in different churches....our goal is the same, a safe, family-friendly country that doesn't have wild spending, and abortion as its mantra as we do with President Obama.

Jan
  • I forget the rules and tell it the way I see it, I would like to see everyone struggle to please God and be with him and others that are his children in Heaven.
This reply was deleted.