You may or may not know, but I like to preach to atheists on twitter.   When I read their posts, I find a common theme

We're just as 'good' as people who are Christians

We have morals

We have standards

We live fulfilling lives.

So, I thought it might be interesting to have some discussions on this.

I am arranging for 3 Christians and 3 atheists to meet once a week to talk about our lives - with or whithout God as the case may be.   These will be non-confrontational talks..  To compare.  To talk.  To encounter each other.

If you want to keep posted on the schedule, simple post on this discussion.  I will be posting the time and dates of the discussion.  It will be web-cast so you can listen either live or a recorded version.

Thanks for your interest!

For tweeting:  http://www.bit.ly/9OhcCo

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think that is a very great thing to have different talks with different ppl that is a great idea
  •  
     I don't see how sex with a non-human animal would be okay unless you could ask the animal if it wants to have sex with a member of a different species. One would need to find a talking non human animal like the ones in the bible. If it is okay with the talking donkey and it is okay with the human animal who am I to say it is wrong.All I ask is to pull the blinds so I don't catch a glance walking by the window.

This made me think of a different sexual problem. Age.When is a person old enough to have sex. In  biblical times females were married off soon after their first period.More offen then not to a man much older then her,aranged by her father.She may not have even know the man before that day.

Juanita said:

I don't know if you saw above, but I could relate to you an incident that occurred just recently with one of my friend that shows that some people think sex with animals is OK. So - the nature of my question would be more to standards than specifics - if there is no law - how can you tell these people it is not ok. Maybe that would be a better way to frame the question...

If there is no absolute law - how can you tell people who think beastiality is OK that it is wrong?

Note. I am not planning on discussing the question on this thread, btw, it would be a little anticlimaxitical to the show.

Angie the Anti-Theist said:
    It's the implication that you seem to equate bestiality (between a person and a non-person) with homosexuality (between two consenting persons) that offends me, Juanita. I can't speak for Jim, but from what I know of him, I'd guess this is why he was offended as well.

Juanita said:
    Jim and Angie,

I am surprised at your response regarding the question about bestiality.

How do I know what you think about this? Some people think it is OK. Could launch into a story to illustrate, but I will spare you that.

And, if I don't know - wouldn't you be happy to have an opportunity to help the rest on the panel and the audience understand that that this is not something that you would think was a good thing? If it offends you to ask the question, I don't have a problem with dropping it.
  • What about those who are impotant, as they can't reproduce?

Autum Rose said:
    My views on this topic are a little racey because i feel god had put us on this earth to reproduce and if a man and man or woman and woman get together than there is no reproducing ya know
  • My views on this topic are a little racey because i feel god had put us on this earth to reproduce and if a man and man or woman and woman get together than there is no reproducing ya know
  • Jim Gardner,

Please be advised that neither the show in question nor this community were created by yourself nor under your provenance or administration.

The guidelines and parameters of Kingdom Insight are applicable and not your own, if you choose to establish your own show and your own community, as per your parameters, this is your choice, but the standards of behavior that are applicable to and expected of participants will be applied.

Your persistent violation of common decency, the standards of this community, and the governance of this community requires a suspension of your participation.

As for the show, the show is a CHRISTIAN show in which atheists were invited to participate, there shall be no "neutral moderator" nor any governance other than that which prevails within and through the auspices of Kingdom Communities. The purpose is to have dialogue between Christians and non-Christians without acrimony or conflict.

Those who wish to establish something different, or those who feel or believe our approach is incorrect, are welcomed to establish whatsoever they wish...elsewhere.

Bill Collier
    Kingdom Insight
    Community Governance Administrator
  • As an outside observer, I think the best solution would be to find someone from outside of the Atheist or Christian groups to act as a moderator. Obviously it would be hard to find someone who is totally unbiased, but maybe a deist might work out pretty well.

I know this would be a fairly major change to the format of the show, but it seems as though it would end all the arguing over hosting/bias.

(If this sounds completely ridiculous then ignore my comment entirely aha)
  • where are the atheists' 3 questions?
  • you want to promote a better understanding of people by stating they are wrong? you want to disprove my faith while I simply want to understand your worldview..and you to understand mine...so we can co-exist...you are the bomb thrower here, not me

Jim Gardner said:
    Well maybe we should put you in charge and leave all the Christians to talk among themselves, with no opposing views at all? Isn't it the case that the reason we are doing this, is because that has been the way of things for far too long, or aren't you interested in promoting better understanding between people?
  • Here are the questions from the Christian team.

1. What should Christians do to facilitate better dialog with atheists? What do Christians do to alienate you? (then Christians respond with their views) (Reverse question for atheists.)

2. Beastiality. If there is no absolute law - how can you tell people who think beastiality is OK that it is wrong?

Potential question (if we have an over abundance of time)
    3. Last week all panel speakers said that they were for the good of humanity. How do you live that out?

Feel free to post the final questions for the #atheist team.
  • this is the show's format....as stated

Jim Gardner said:
    Actually, Freedomist, this was a proposal originally suggested by myself and some other regular contributors to my blog. It was Juanita who took it upon herself to arrange things, which I was happy to let her do for fear that if "the atheist" had arranged it, it might appear to be biased. So you can imagine my disappointment that last weeks show was as skewed towards Christianity as it was, as opposed to the neutral debate I had orientally agreed to be part of. That is why we're hammering out a more honest format for this week's show.
    I hope that clears up some misconceptions for you, or maybe you'd prefer it if we just talked about what you believe, despite compelling evidence to show you're wrong?
This reply was deleted.