Our life can quickly fill up with activities. We need to stop and think. Am I just busy? Or, am I being fruitful? How do we know? How do we become fruitful? Update on Easter - we have 36 replies and climbing! Many are extemely well thought out! Thanks for sharing!!! This discussion is a great one to twitter! Here is a tiny URL for your tweet: http://tiny.cc/Dyxfr

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRAYERS NEEDED!!! Please help us...

Please remember tomorrow, May 7th, 2009, is National Prayer Day!!!

prayers.gif

The theme this year is “Prayer …America’s Hope” and is based on the verse from Psalm 33:22 which states: “May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.”

Tomorrow, millions will unite in prayers as thousands of events will take place from coast to coast.

angels-10.gif

PLEASE!!!

Let us all unite in prayers for our nation, tomorrow – May 7th, 2009.

God Bless You,

Mary.
  • Thanks for your reply Juanita.
    Yes I do agree there does need to be more of a level of commitment.
    Maybe I'll put out a blog myself about it? Food for thought!
  • Patty Bjork said:
    I'm a relatively unskilled computer user and indeed until a year ago didn't even know how to use one!!!
    The reason being I would much prefer to speak to someone face-to-face or vis the telephone.
    I also tend to be an honest direct person, and assume others are the same until proven otherwise.

What I have noticed about the social networking sites is that when I joined at first (not here - I'm a new member!!), one would think one had actually made one or two 'friends' - and then they would suddenly
    jump sites. The whole thing had struck me as being quite superficial, which is sad really, because as times
    toughen up, for those who are determined to stand for the Lord, these contacts or 'friendships' could
    be a mutual encouragement to 'keep on, keeping on'!

I've also found that there is sometimes a tendency to present a profile which gives the impression of someone
    being 'more' than they actually are. I haven't joined many sites at all - I wouldn't be able to cope with them
    anyway and prefer to keep networks small and manageable - but on a couple I have visited I've had a very negative impression indeed.

I do hope this will be a different and edifying experience here.
    Thank you for inviting a comment.
    Patty.

Patty,
    Thanks for your insight. You have a great point on profiles. :-) They need to be accurate. Regarding coming and going... I think this is a problem with communities. I think it would be really good to have a discussion on how we can deepen relationships that emerge through KingdomInsight. Everything meaningful comes out of committed relationship.
  • I'm a relatively unskilled computer user and indeed until a year ago didn't even know how to use one!!!
    The reason being I would much prefer to speak to someone face-to-face or vis the telephone.
    I also tend to be an honest direct person, and assume others are the same until proven otherwise.

What I have noticed about the social networking sites is that when I joined at first (not here - I'm a new member!!), one would think one had actually made one or two 'friends' - and then they would suddenly
    jump sites. The whole thing had struck me as being quite superficial, which is sad really, because as times
    toughen up, for those who are determined to stand for the Lord, these contacts or 'friendships' could
    be a mutual encouragement to 'keep on, keeping on'!

I've also found that there is sometimes a tendency to present a profile which gives the impression of someone
    being 'more' than they actually are. I haven't joined many sites at all - I wouldn't be able to cope with them
    anyway and prefer to keep networks small and manageable - but on a couple I have visited I've had a very negative impression indeed.

I do hope this will be a different and edifying experience here.
    Thank you for inviting a comment.
    Patty.
  • I used to be on many sites but I since found one that i love and deleted myself of them all. i am now only on 3 sites that I would call Christian, this one, another one I may not be on much onger and a site that is not Christian but has all my Christian friends on it. I actually don't need all those sites
  • Wow, there are many Good Comments here! I enjoy this site but I may only come once a week or everyother week. I don't come here to say my prayers to God! I just enjoy reading the things that God has done for others. We all have different priorities, like the arm, leg, eye, ear ect. and it is good to see them here colectively. Thank You for the thoughts.
  • JMJ
    what I do is share info which means a lot of time site 2 site. If somehow this info could B posted once & somehow each site was able to pick it up/ one member from each site pick it up, it would save time & get more info 2 more good folks who like me R ignorant of much of what is going on 2day. it's not actually not being aware of but where 2 get it. we R fighting 'evil' & don't think 4 a second we R not ! This started 2,000 yrs ago when "ONE" died & D other 'lost". we R victims of 'his' revenge, 2 take as many with 'him' as possible.

We need, as I usually post, 2 PRAY 4 R Leaders - in gov.,world,church, community, etc. ! so much depends on their decisions, & we will live with & some die by them. it appears that most R influenced by 'evil' & fall 4 'his' empty sales pitch, we need "HIS" help as "HE" is the only "POWER" 2 defeat this depth & magnitude of 'evil'.

"HE" has given USa all the 'POWER" of PRAYER which we need 2 use humbly & often ! if "HE" can move a mountain, "HE" will help "HIS" children.

We need 2 know what,where,when,who,how 2 fight back ! we need info besides PRATER ! we need 2 R part also !

W H E N W E P R A Y , "G O D" W O R K S !

GOD Bless,
    kd
  • Sherry said:
    I've joined over a dozen political grass roots sites and about 6 Christian sites, plus I have 3 business websites and other blog sites. There is NOT enough hours in the week (let alone day) for all that really.

You have to either pick which sites to concentrate on (I like to concentrate on the ones that are new and have fewer members to help get them up and going). :) Or, you can try to do a little on each of the other sites--try to spread yourself out. OR, you can change each week: give/share/help on 3 sites, then switch next week to another 3 or so.

There's always options, and options are very good. I've seen that sometimes a site will get icky and side tracked, so I distance myself from those a little. We're all human, and there are many, MANY spiritually immature people that get all icky and nit-picky and back biting and get their little feelings hurt easily. These are the things that turn people off and hurt the purpose of Christ.

There has to be positive growth/goings on for me to want to participate. That's whether it's a Christian site or simply a political site. If there is a lot of hype, but no action, then people get turned off because of that. It's like the little boy that cried wolf. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Sherry!
    Thank you for your thoughts. You are so right. We have to be where we are fruitful. And we need to keep the 'friction' that will inevitably emerge as people congregate to a minimum. There are lots of sites with various focus - that is good/people need to knit in to what suits their focus. I think the key is to knit in and dig deep. The only thing that grows over night is a mushroom. Things that are worth while are created from roots. So, as this community emerges, our strenght will be in direct proportion to the roots we set down and how well we connect to one another.

I see that happening and am grateful.
  • I got invitation after invitation to join this site. I scanned and looked but never did. The reason.......no time. I barley have time to answer my emails on yahoo. I have two pages already. One on tangle.com and one on livinggodsdream.com. I don't do tangle much anymore cause they went worldly on me. And so now I check in with lgd when I get the chance to say hi to my friends and sisters nancy and berit and tj and sweetbeloved. as these ladies have been so uplifting and full of Christ and we have truely become good friends. Bizzy? I am too bizzy to even understand what the word means. However........I love my God. I love my Jesus. I am in Love with Him and I do have time for Him. He walks with me all day! He talks with me all day! I make time for Him and I have to sacrifice my life in order to have that personal relationship with Him. But you know what.....It is no sacrifice at all. I would gladly give my life for Him as He has given me more of a life in the last three years then I have had in the last 43 years. Come Lord Jesus come ! I have been delivered from drugs and boooze and most recently cigarettes. (surrendered 8 months ago) After 30 years of smoking Christ finally took that from me just as soon as i gave them to Him to have. Besides...Christ don't smoke !!! Anyway...I gotta go. I have tons of homework and a lesson to write for my boys in PREP. Please go to livinggodsdream.com and search out stjohnny316 and read my testimony.
    May the peace and love of Jesus Christ live and indwell in you deeply forever and ever. I love you all ! stjohnny

• While it is true that most of us have joined so many groups that sometimes it seems there aren’t enough hours in the day to contribute something positive to each individual group, I do realize that this stems from our "caring nature" and the desire to help make a difference ...during these trying times. I am, however, a firm believer in that we should always put God first in our lives. I personally have had to apply much discipline in my own personal life to accomplish this. My morning prayers are my priority because I know that each and every day my prayer list grows longer and that there are people who are counting on my prayers, as my prayers are not like an elevator (that stops on every floor), but rather, they go straight to Heaven! Amen. When I go inside my little prayer temple in the morning, I’m usually there for two hours, but this is a very small price to pay when compared to the blessings I receive through my daily prayers. I guess basically what I’m saying is that if we sense we are spending too much time on the computer, or elsewhere, being “unproductive”, we must quickly re-group, click on the “refresh” button in our hearts …and seek the Lord. At the end of the day, without HIM ...nothing is possible.

"And Jesus said unto them ... , "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you."

Romans 1:17
This reply was deleted.