KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

The last sure sign of the Lord's return is street preaching - massive street preaching. Jesus said in Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. In all the world means that it will be preached in the cities, suburbs, country, and on the oceans.

In the last 4-5 years, the Lord has be raising up THOUSANDS of preachers all over the world. They come from every denomination, every sect, and the independents too. They all have a similar story. They believe God has commanded them to preach.

I was at the NCAA finals in Atlanta in 2007, and to my great joy and surprise, there must have been 40 preachers surrounding the colliseum. They represented a cross section of Christianity. One had to take a number if one wanted to preach that night!

This has never happened before in the history of the church. There has always been the few preaching here and there, but never before has there been THOUSANDS at once. Each one testifying to God's direct leading to preach.

Jesus is doing a new work in our times, and it will usher in the Kingdom of God. In the verse above, after the gospel is preached in all the world, the end comes. It is the preaching that ushers in the Kingdom.

The church needs to know that they must not oppose what Jesus is doing in this day. God's wisdom is there, but not often seen. The focus of these discussions is to prepare the church for what God is doing, to instruct Christians on what God is doing and why.

Most people do not understand street preaching. They see a tumult and think that that can't possibly be of God. But they fail to remember that often Jesus preached and riots ensued. Three times the crowds tried to kill him before they succeeded. Many times when the apostles preached there were riots, arrests, and beatings. The tumult is the very thing through which the Lord works.

Remember this: 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Please come over to the Open Air Ministry Group, join, and learn more about street preaching.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro Cope said:
I also came across an excellent piece by a Christian girl giving her impressions on her first experience with street preaching. I was amazed at just how insightfull this girl was, so I responded to her. It is a good read to see what goes on as a result of street preaching.

Street preaching is the power of God to expose hearts, to bring to the forefront all the deep secrets of the heart, to bring every person face to face with the truth they don't want to hear.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Street Preaching is at the center of what God is doing in this generation.

Bro

Amen!!!
Here is a report from Brazil. I helped to train Bill last year at a Southeast Open Air Preachers Association conference. He is an American who went to Brazil with Campus Crusade. The Lord burdened him to preach, so he did some internet searches to find where he could be trained. Enjoy his report.

Howdy from Brazil!

Here are some excerpts from one of my blog posts last month. If you'd like to read the whole post - or any other, for that matter, click on: http://www.therescueshop.blogspot.com/

Last Monday - March 9 - I tried to find a campus in Niterói (Rio de Janeiro) whose students were heading off campus for lunch so that I could preach to them. . . . I drove by a couple of the large, private universities in town, but the foot traffic was slow. Since I was in a "preaching mood," I decided to preach in front of a mall that is strategically situated between the ferry landing and the bus terminal. To my surprise, there were a number of in-coming freshmen from UFF (Fluminense Federal University - the main public university in town) begging for change from passersby. This is part of their initiation . . . Since I was, at this point, preaching, I started telling those painted freshmen who approached me for a donation that I was a Christian pastor and that helping buy beer so that students can get drunk goes totally against what I was preaching. When I used this on one girl, she said, "I'm a Christian too, and I never thought about it. You are right!" I told her to check out Campus Crusade on campus, which she said she had already decided to do after receiving her "Freshman Survival Kit" from us the previous week. So, without deliberately going after students, God providentially gave me students - my main target audience in Brazil - to preach to while preaching in front of the Bay Market Mall! . . .

Enjoy! These things would not be happening without the sacrificial support of Christians like you, most likely, because open air preaching to students is practically non existent here in Brazil.

PLEASE PRAY for MOBILIZE next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (4/6-8). In light of Easter, students and staff in Rio will be "mobilizing" to "pull out all the stops" and make the resurrected Christ the main issue on their campuses. There will be book tables, 1-2-1 evangelism, evangelistic posters and fliers, talks on the evidence for the resurrection (by several local pastors), evangelistic skits, etc. Please pray that thousands of students would be exposed to the the real reason for Easter, including the reason Jesus had to die in the first place - man's sin! I plan on doing an open air "talk" on evidence for the resurrection outside the student cafeterias on two campuses during those three days. Again, I would appreciate your prayers! Thanks!

Together in the Harvest,

Bill Hamilton • TheRescueShop.blogspot.com
"Two people die every second. By the end of today,
150,000 people will die. Of those, over 135,000 will
go to hell. Do you care? Better yet, do you care
enough to do something about it?" - Mark Cahill
The grandfather of preaching got back to his home in Columbia MO on Friday Aprit 10th, after a trip that started January 3rd. For a man of 66, he has more vigor and stamina than I do at 61. Anyway, it was a very successful trip, with about a half dozen students getting saved at the preaching. This is a new development. I preached for years before I saw anyone get saved at a preach. We always hear about news articles later on, and I thought I would share this one with you all at KingdomInsight

Bro Cope

================================================================

Brimstone plus students equals ideas
By: Ryan Thorpe/Columnist
Posted: 4/10/09
A crazy traveling evangelist might be the best thing that could come to your university.

Over the past few days, Jed Smock has been preaching in the free speech area of Texas Tech, and his message is clear: We're all going to hell.

He's not entirely sure what hell is. The Bible describes it as a 'lake of fire,' but to him, that might just be a metaphor. Hell could be quite worse.

Smock has been traveling around colleges in the United States for 35 years preaching God's word, a calling he felt in a hippie commune on the coasts of Morocco. He was considering traveling to India to learn about religion from a swami, but that plan fell through when he decided to travel the United States and bring the fear of God back to its youth.

He's not shy about how he feels about today's college students. They're hypocrites who claim to be Christians but fail every day to live up to the promise of the Bible.

Tech students certainly have strong feelings about these sentiments. A student standing next to me was quick to point out he doesn't speak for all Christians. To him, Smock was alienating Christians everywhere.

When Smock started preaching Monday, his crowd consisted of a smattering of students, five or eight at the most. Yesterday as I was coming back from the bookstore, I found him surrounded by more than 100 students.

He stood there in his Panama hat and suit with his hand wrapped around a wooden staff topped with a crucifix, and his voice boomed about how there had to be plenty of free will in this world in order for God to mean something.

Students surrounded him making jabs and snide remarks, but he kept on spreading his message. Sometimes he would react to the crowd. Sometimes he would just keep on preaching about how kissing was sinful.

I wasn't interested in any of these things though. I quickly saw the benefit Smock's teachings brought to the campus, and to me, it had little to do with his views.

His virtue came from the side conversations students were having with one another. They found passion and argued with conviction. Some of their arguments lacked luster and polish, but they had value all the same. They were making a point, starting the rhetorical discourse, and by the time the preacher left, groups had developed and were talking about real issues.

One group discussed predestination verses free will. Another group talked about the theories of matter and the conservation of energy. Yet another group revealed striking insight into the theory of evil in the world.

In my four years of teaching, I'd never seen anything like it. Students were surrendering their afternoon to talk about ideas, and free food wasn't even provided. No student organization printed flyers and sent out electronic announcements. Instead, they were just given an opponent.

Smock describes his preaching as aggressive. He believes Christianity has taken a backseat for too long and should be making the stand against the vice and sin in the world, and the way he made his case upset a group of students.

But maybe that's what education is missing - an enemy. While academics talk about wars of ideas, we never really find a tangible enemy to fight. Smock was kind enough to come to us.

At the end of the day, I was a convert in a non-traditional sense. I was converted to the fact discourses need to happen and maybe that means a little confrontation.

No one was worse off for Smock's visit. In fact, many discovered a voice. Some found an argument, and everyone located some passion, an emotion the world feared dead.
As I said earlier, news articles come to our attention after we are in an area. Here is an article from Texas Tech.

Texas Tech
Here is my most recent preaching journal

Issue 22 Mar 9 - Apr 10, 2009
Brother Cope, I will gladly join with you, for it is a great blessing to preach on the street.
There is only one thing that is greater than preaching on the street, and that is to see a soul come to Christ.

Bro Cope said:
Here is an article from February 19th concerning something in Kingdom's neighborhood - Elmira, NY. Julian Raven wasn't even preaching, but was arrested for PRAYING!

Article

The street preaching ministry, established by Jesus in Matthew chapter 10, and commanded in Mark 16:15, has lain dormant for close to 1800 years. With some notable exceptions down through the years (John and Charles Wesley, Methodist circuit riders) the church has shied away from following Jesus to His highest calling. I believe the reason is because picking up his cross and proclaiming the coming Kingdom of God is the most costly thing you can do. Jesus promised persecution, arrests, beatings, betrayal by parents and children, hatred, and death.

Instinctively mankind knows that by doing what John the Baptist and Jesus did will result in what happened to them. Very few in the church are willing to actually lay their lives on the line for Him who died for them. But the day of His return is drawing nigh. Over the last several years, God has raised up thousands of preachers all around the world. Thousands, people, from all across the board denominationally speaking. He Himself is preparing the world for His return.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

By His own words, the phenomenon that we are seeing, the tsunami of street preachers, is the last thing that happens before His return.

But because the street preaching ministry has lain dormant for so long, the church is completely in the dark as to what is going on. It is my growing burden to instruct the church as a whole what the ministry is supposed to do, how it does it, and why.

Join me, please, and help me get this message out to the church. It is the street preaching itself that brings on the tribulation. It is the tribulation that prepares the bride for her husband. It is the street preaching that brings the Lord back.

We are there now folks. Let us not shy away from what has to be done.

Bro Cope
I have a friend and compatriot preacher in Atlanta Georgia. Back in December he was roughed up by Ted Turners' rent-a-cops for carrying a Christian sign on the public sidewalk next to CNN headquarters. He has filed suit against Ted and his minions for assault, unlawful restraint, and trampling all over his constitutional rights. Here is the full story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19242794/detail.html#-
I was sent an article from the University of Florida about a friend of mine, John Kranert. I was surprised at how accurate and even handed the article was. We normally do not get such from student journalists. Instead the picture is usually a distortion of the truth. Anyway, It is a good read.

http://newsies.gainesville.com/default.asp?item=2354842
Jed and I were out at the University of Missouri a few days ago, and there was a counter demonstration called the "Day of Silence". It was supposed to be a day of solidarity with all those who suffer from descrimination or persecution due to their aberrant sexual practices. It was hardly a day of silence with Jed and me manning the walls and warning of the consequences of their sins.

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2009/4/20/students-staff-gather-...
Bro Cope said:
Jed and I were out at the University of Missouri a few days ago, and there was a counter demonstration called the "Day of Silence". It was supposed to be a day of solidarity with all those who suffer from descrimination or persecution due to their aberrant sexual practices. It was hardly a day of silence with Jed and me manning the walls and warning of the consequences of their sins.

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2009/4/20/students-staff-gather-...

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Bro!
John Kenzy has two people he would like you to train in open air ministry this summer. We need to check with others on the forum to see if they'd like to get trained, too!
AS HATE SPEECH WILL ONE DAY BE USED TO MUZZLE THE WORD OF GOD IN PUBLIC AND BEHIND THE PULPIT. ONE DAY WE CAN TELL OUR GRANDKIDS THAT WE WORKED WHILE IT WAS YET LIGHT, THEN THE DARKNESS CAME. ENJOY THE SLIDE SHOW WITH HUNDREDS OF PREACH PICTURES AS ONE DAY WE WILL BE AS DEAD DINOSAURS.

CHRISTIANITY OUTLAWED

http://www.slide.com/r/qGW6U3K6wz8SiKM3f9vbBR69GtRomqn9

CHRISTIAN FUGITIVE

SOON TO BE ILLEGAL

http://www.slide.com/r/30-M4Nem5j_Z1Z9zmOBgGT4at7khR_sF

NOT ASHAMED OF HIM

WHILE IT WAS STILL LIGHT

http://www.slide.com/r/FIRC4Ck85z8IxKOyNakXUeJ9xQUWz-Za

CATACOMB CHRISTIAN
Thanks for viewing, tweets!

If you want to RT, here ya go:

Ragged edge evangelism. See pushback on StreetPreachers!!! http://tiny.cc/680lv

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2021   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service