Street Preaching in the News

The last sure sign of the Lord's return is street preaching - massive street preaching. Jesus said in Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. In all the world means that it will be preached in the cities, suburbs, country, and on the oceans. In the last 4-5 years, the Lord has be raising up THOUSANDS of preachers all over the world. They come from every denomination, every sect, and the independents too. They all have a similar story. They believe God has commanded them to preach. I was at the NCAA finals in Atlanta in 2007, and to my great joy and surprise, there must have been 40 preachers surrounding the colliseum. They represented a cross section of Christianity. One had to take a number if one wanted to preach that night! This has never happened before in the history of the church. There has always been the few preaching here and there, but never before has there been THOUSANDS at once. Each one testifying to God's direct leading to preach. Jesus is doing a new work in our times, and it will usher in the Kingdom of God. In the verse above, after the gospel is preached in all the world, the end comes. It is the preaching that ushers in the Kingdom. The church needs to know that they must not oppose what Jesus is doing in this day. God's wisdom is there, but not often seen. The focus of these discussions is to prepare the church for what God is doing, to instruct Christians on what God is doing and why. Most people do not understand street preaching. They see a tumult and think that that can't possibly be of God. But they fail to remember that often Jesus preached and riots ensued. Three times the crowds tried to kill him before they succeeded. Many times when the apostles preached there were riots, arrests, and beatings. The tumult is the very thing through which the Lord works. Remember this: 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. Please come over to the Open Air Ministry Group, join, and learn more about street preaching.

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is the latest installment of news from across the globe concerning street preaching. The original of this can be seen at

http://officialstreetpreachers.blogspot.com/

This blog will make your hair stand up. It is about the state of the church as we prepare for the wedding feast.

Anti-gay street preacher escapes charges
    “A street preacher who ranted at shoppers about the "evils" of homosexuality has escaped charges……”
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/03/22/anti-gay-street-preacher-escap...

Preacher is fined for homophobia
    A STREET preacher has prompted concerns over religious freedom in Scotland after being fined £1,000 for telling passers-by in Glasgow city centre that homosexuals deserved the "wrath of God" and would go to hell…..”
    http://news.scotsman.com/news/Preacher-is-fined-for-homophobia.6186...

Man preaches Christianity to students on campus
    “Crowds of students gathered in the quad area next to McCarthy Hall and the Humanities building Wednesday to listen to George Edward Smock express his religious beliefs to anyone who would listen. “I’m teaching the Bible out here,” responded Smock to a group of infuriated students within the crowd that were questioning him for trying to impose his beliefs on the students of Cal State Fullerton….”
    http://www.dailytitan.com/2010/03/man-preaches-christianity-to-stud...

Street Preacher
    “A Christian street preacher in Myeongdong who spoke in multiple languages to cater to the shopping tourists. At this point she’s speaking Japanese, but I heard her use English and Korean, as well”
    http://seoulsounds.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/069-%EB%AA%85%EB%8F%99-...

Pray for Shawn Holes – Arrested in Scotland
    “Please pray for street preacher Shawn Holes who was arrested today in Scotland for preaching against homosexuality. ……. Shawn Holes was taken to jail today here in Glasgow Scotland for taking a stand against homosexuality-….”
    http://joy.courvillefamily.com/joy/?p=772

Minister Protesting Pride Event Now in Jail
    “A street preacher who intruded on an Elmira, New York gay pride event along with three others in 2007 has been arrested on disorderly conduct charges. Julian Raven had been fined $100 for refusing to obey police, who ordered him and several others out of a park where the pride event was taking place at the time. He could have faced 15 days in jail for not paying the fine……”
    http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&am...

Rangers encounter street preacher before parade
    “…….."In the Bible, Jesus taught us that if you even look at a woman with lust, you commit adultery," Karroll called into the noisy air……”
    http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2010-03-17/rangers-encounter-str...

Fiery Street Preacher Cause a Stir in Town Centre
    “Some street preachers I came across while visiting Manchester city centre for the day. These guys really caused a BIG commotion with their very straight talking preaching style”
    http://undergroundmissions.blogspot.com/2010/03/fiery-street-preach...

Campus Preachers
    “We discuss the arguments and impacts of the local preachers here at University Park: Gary Catel, Clarence "Bro" Cope, and many more. Some links that we promised to provide......”
    http://heathenhavenpsu.blogspot.com/2010/03/campus-preachers.html

Loud, Rude, Offensive comments in the name of God. Know your Campus Preacher
    “Myself (in the leather jacket) yelling at North Carolina campus preacher Gary Birdsong. Part One of Three. Filmed by Italian director Michele Zappia”
    http://campuspreachers.blogspot.com/2010/03/crazy-preacher-vs-athei...
  • Here is a national news item on a fellow I met in Elmira - Julian Raven. Seems he was arrested for laying on the ground and praying. You might have heard about it. Well, they came and hauled him off to jail.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131521
  • Bro
    Anything new for us?
  • A friend of mine put together this slide show with pictures from ALL OVER THE WORLD! I wept as I watched, that I could be counted in their midst.

Dad

http://www.slide.com/r/p8Uhcr2n5j_NlT5nWpoEduBoohViMa6q?mail1=1
  • Gary Ernsthausen said:
    I like to comment on articles that have been posted but not yet commented on. The thing about Street preaching would to me be like sowing the seed on stoney ground. I joined Team Sarah because of what I saw in her, I really would rather sow seed on good ground. I don't mean to disagree but that just seems to be a part of life, why take a big chance when there might be a better spot.

Gary, the reason to preach to all the world, to every creature is God is just. Everyone must be given at least one opportunity to make peace with God. Notice what it says about preaching in Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

For a witness, Gary. We will be able to defeat every evil accusation against God and His justice that will come up in the judgment. We will testify that they WERE told, that they had a chance, that God is still just and that thir damnation was their own choice.
  • Here is an intersting piece from overseas, Ruben, bob, and Dennis Agajanian are all long time street preachers.

Gentlemen bobby just called me for he has been in contact with Dennis who is traveling is Franklin Graham giving reports from this outreach.

They are now in India and there are literally hundreds of thousands of people are coming to the stadium and just standing outside due to the overflow and 10,000 coming to Christ in one day.

So far they ministered in Rome , Jordon , Syria and wanted to stop in Haiti but had issues with their visa but get this........Hillary Clinton got involved and got them in…..go figure.

They will be headed for Africa, Nairobi and Sedan in about 5 days, Dennis is doing well and in contact with bob personally and this report taken from a phone call from a working bob.

Remember these in your PRAYERS.
  • Here is a report from the Czech Republic. More and more people are being called into the battle. This fellow's name is Pavel Zalio

----- Original Message -----
    To:
    Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:11 AM
    Subject: mormon's cancer in Czech Republic

Today i was on my way to a library, when spoting a mormon's singing choir standing on the streetcorner, where one of the busiest intersections for the public transportation of this city is.

As i saw them standing there in their clean outfits, clean shaved, singing their „angelic“ songs and seducing my people (who are very ignorant about Bible, as after the fall of communism they jumped on the train of consumerism, dog eat dog lifestyle, fueled with Hollywood entertainment and for the most part they worship their own idols, gods and gurus. Seems like almost everybody here is a spiritual expert – but in the new age term of use)

People are hungry for the hope in this wicked world. If we as Christians will not give them the hope, the wolfs in a sheep's skin will come and will feed them with their lies, with their devilish doctrine. I believe that many Christians will be embarrassed on the day of judgment when they will see how much they could do for others if they would just stepped out of their comfort zones. (This is what Bible Jim would say, I guess :) )

When i saw these devil's children, these dogs, these mormons i got angry. I got filled with a holy rage.

I have to say that prior my salvation two and half years ago i was a complete peace and love person who didn't want to kill a moscito for the sake of a clean conscience and i had been vegetarian for thirteen years. I let others to use me as i had no self confidence. And i was using too, usually women. I was a dope smoker and a pleasure seeker. A sissy. Coward.

But ever since i was born again two years and half ago God filed me with a desire for justice and righteousness. I remember something like a day or two after being born of the Holy Spirit in a hotel room in China, i went to an internet cafe to search for some Christian sites as i knew nothing about Christians and true Christianity (growing in a communist regime, raised by a communist father who was a teacher of Marxism-Leninism at a military academy until he shot himself to death after the fall of the regime. He was a good father, eventhough at the age of 15 i batteled him, having idols different from his own. My father paid the price for believing the lie, but who knows.... i was not there till the very end....only God was.)

There was a sign in that internet cafe: No smoking. Many young Chinese seemed not to care about such sign. So i asked the guy next to me if he could put his cigarette down, i told him that it bothers me and showed him a sign on the wall. He put the cigarette down. I was excited about such an easy victory but the air was still heavy with the smoke. I noticed another guy holding a lit cigarette in his mouth while shouting and yelling some one syllable words, probably „fire“ or „kill him“ in Chinese but i am not sure (playing a computer game with others in the room). I stood up and came to him and asked him if he could put his cigarette down and showed him a sign on the wall. He decided to ignore me, although he knew what was the reason i had approached him. As i was waiting for his reaction i noticed some eastern religion pagan necklet around his neck, which they wear thinking it will protect them or give them the power or money or other things people of the world desire. I asked him once again to put his cigarette down, this time he just uttered a word towards me and it was not a friendly word.

I stood there next to him little more waiting if he would just put his cigarette down but he kept ignoring me so i just came closer to him and took a cigarette out his mouth.

The king's strength also loveth judgment ( Psalms 99:4 )

In a second he was on his feet and tried some kung-fu or something kicks. I felt blood in my veins. It felt soooo good. I was longing for a real life and real power for so long, and now with the Lord Jesus i had all i dreamt about and even more. I had a new life, new heart and although i knew nothing about theology i knew...........Jesus was not a loser!!!!!!! I stayed calm. The guy was soon wrestled by his friends and i just walked away.

Later on back in a hotel room i was wondering if it was a right Christian approach but until today God didn't come to destroy me for such an action.

I have got fear of God but at the same time i know He didn't give me slave spirit but son's spirit. Haleluyah!!!!
    May be this story is a little stupid for you but bare in mind that until my newborn experience i was a complete coward. My bilogical father's death threw me under a tremendous unconcious guilt and shame. But i would need a Saviour even without my father killing himself. Although i always tried to be strong i became a weaker and weaker. Seeking approval of people, while having hidden anger and pain in my heart, proving my manhood with women. Oh shameful lifestyle. Not to mention all that occult and psychology mess i was involved in, dope smoking, some LSD and mashroom trips. I love to give glory to my Lord for all He did for me.

Words cannot describe how thankful i am to the Lord Jesus to give me another chance in my life and although i sometimes stumble with self doubts and guilt concience, i know who i trust – Lord of the lords. King of the kings. There is nobody like Him. I love Jesus because He firstly loved me. Oh He is soooooooo good.

So when i saw these wolfs in sheep's skins – mormons – i jumped on a mass of snow which was there after a snow removal and openly rebuked that sirens' weeping.

I message was brief and to the point. I warned people not to fall into mormons' deceptions and warned mormons about Lord Jesus coming with a sharp two edged sword, „that with it he should smite the nations.“ (Revelations 19:15)

When i was finished one mormon was running after me.

From my experience discussions with these cults usually leads to nowhere and only makes one more angry so i just kept going my way. But he was somehow glued to my back so finally i turned to him and told him that i don't talk to devil's servants. He wished me nice day and left.

But i don't want the enemy to think they are superior to us who serve one and only God - Jesus Christ (not an angel or something) so after a while and after a short prayer I went back to the spot and rebuked them once again, this time adding more information about their false doctrine. They were answering me with pity smiles, i guess you all know these smiles. But i know that sooner or later the terror of the Lord will fall upon them!!!

I pray that these people will find their way to heavens through Jesus Christ's blood sacrifice on the cross only and that they will repent of their false teaching. I also pray that this Czech, one time godly and bold church (John Huss, Moravian brethren), will wake up and will take the sword of the Word once again to shine it in the open air.

May the glory of omnipotent and omniscient God stays with you now and forever and ever!

God bless you.

Pavel
    Brno, Czech Republic

i am just so excited, comments welcome
  • I've said before that the street preaching thing is going global. Here is a report from Finland

AN "OUT-of-CHURCH" REVIVAL??
    -by Mike Story.

I thought you'd be interested in what's happening here in Finland.

There is an extraordinary movement of the Holy Ghost here.
    Something unprecedented in its size and growth.

Young people are Coming To Faith; they have an immediate
    desire to go out into the streets and bring others into the fold.
    There is NO interest in "church" or religion at all!

They want teaching and spiritual fathers & mothers; they know
    "only milk" yet go out and teach that to kids in the streets ...
    And they Come To Faith!

We have had to open our houses to them ( we were told to buy an
    old village school 20 years ago... so surprise-surprise we have
    two classrooms where we can train groups of future leaders ). Kids
    are leaving the churches and seeking The Lord elsewhere because
    they can't find Him in the religion and ceremonies and that applies
    just as much to Pentecostal as to Free church, Lutheran, Orthodox,
    Anglican, Baptist as it does to ALL Organised Religion: they WANT
    what I call "inspired disorganisation" where MAN doesn't do the
    organising; we just LISTEN ... And then do as we are told!

One young man ( to whom I have lent my copy of Out Of Church
    Christians before I even read it myself ! ) is co-ordinating these
    groups and acts as an enabler; bringing teaching from elders ( in
    the "mature Christian" sense ) to beginners; arranging meetings
    and encouraging these young people to keep going ! Very Book Of Acts!

The LORD is doing extraordinary things in India, in Andaman and
    in Finland ... Thought you'd like to know!

-Dr Mike Story.
  • Here is the latest hot news from Oslo Norway. A bunch of my friends flew over to Norway to preach at the Nobel Prize ceremony. Needless to say, they causes some stir. Most of them were arrested and thrown in jail, even though Norway has in their constitution the same protections for free speech as we.

They made international news, and took a stand for Jesus as the true Peace Prize winner. After all there is no peace to the wicked.

http://officialstreetpreachers.blogspot.com/

Looks like things are heating up all around the world. Let's get moving church, or be left behind.

Bro
  • Preachers shut down in Oslo

Some friends of mine went over to Oslo Norway to preach at Obama's Nobel prize award. They were shut down, even though Norway recognizes free speach.

Ruben, Larry and Peter shaking up the status quo with open air preaching in Oslo during the Obamanation "peace" prize festivities....

Bro Cope
This reply was deleted.