KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

The last sure sign of the Lord's return is street preaching - massive street preaching. Jesus said in Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. In all the world means that it will be preached in the cities, suburbs, country, and on the oceans.

In the last 4-5 years, the Lord has be raising up THOUSANDS of preachers all over the world. They come from every denomination, every sect, and the independents too. They all have a similar story. They believe God has commanded them to preach.

I was at the NCAA finals in Atlanta in 2007, and to my great joy and surprise, there must have been 40 preachers surrounding the colliseum. They represented a cross section of Christianity. One had to take a number if one wanted to preach that night!

This has never happened before in the history of the church. There has always been the few preaching here and there, but never before has there been THOUSANDS at once. Each one testifying to God's direct leading to preach.

Jesus is doing a new work in our times, and it will usher in the Kingdom of God. In the verse above, after the gospel is preached in all the world, the end comes. It is the preaching that ushers in the Kingdom.

The church needs to know that they must not oppose what Jesus is doing in this day. God's wisdom is there, but not often seen. The focus of these discussions is to prepare the church for what God is doing, to instruct Christians on what God is doing and why.

Most people do not understand street preaching. They see a tumult and think that that can't possibly be of God. But they fail to remember that often Jesus preached and riots ensued. Three times the crowds tried to kill him before they succeeded. Many times when the apostles preached there were riots, arrests, and beatings. The tumult is the very thing through which the Lord works.

Remember this: 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Please come over to the Open Air Ministry Group, join, and learn more about street preaching.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro - thanks so much for being a 'torch bearer' for this important ministry!
One of the most effective and faithful brothers in the field is Ruben Israel. We call him the night shift. While most of the preachers in Campus Ministry, USA cover university and college campuses all over the country, Ruben and his associates, called Bible Believers.

Ruben shows up at every large event in the country - Daytona 500, Indy 500, Super Bowl, Kentuchy Derby, Mardi Gras, Days of Decadence - you name it, he will most likely be there. As such he has become very well know by police departments in every city. For example, a couple of years ago, the Super Bowl committee called him on his cell phone and asked him, "Are you going to be there this year". His answer was yes. When he shoed up on game day, at the main gate, he found a stage with amplified sound equipment roped of for him. If I remember correctly, he also had a couple of police men on horses to stand guard.

Ruben has been up to his high standard in California recently. Article
Bro - are you coming to our region to do training? I'd love to see North Central PA fully hear the gospel from street preachers! And, I think we'll get some news coverage.
Yes, I will be up later on in the week. I have hit a snag here in SC. The school is on break, but I have a ton of work to clean up.

Bro
One of the grandfathers of the current street preaching movement is Jed Smock. He began to preach on campuses in 1974. For the last 35 years he has been on a college or university campus somewhere in the world preaching to students every class day of the year. A new movie has come out which features Jed. Here is his report from after the movie's premiere.

Posted by Jed Smock on [09 Mar 2009 10:03PM]
brojed@aol.com Notify me about Responses? (yes)

March 8, 2009, 'The Nature of Existence,' Premiere

I attended the closing night of the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, California, featuring 'The Nature of Existence,' directed by Roger Nygard, who heard me preach at the University of Minnesota a quarter of a century ago when he was an undergraduate. The film has been five years in the making with 450 hours of video footage that had to be edited down to 94 minutes.

The festival was held in the plush California Theater. When I arrived, I was treated as a star and interviewed by radio and television people. The show was sold out to an audience of one thousand. Mr. Nygard introduced the film and also me, who has as much time as anyone in the film and more than most. The film addresses such questions as, Who are we and why are we here? Who or what started the Universe? Does God exist? And where are we going?

Mr. Nygard roams the world and interviews such notables as Indian 'holy man' Ravi Shankar, evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins, Stanford physicist Leonard Susskind, director Irvin Kershner (Star Wars) and many others from rabbis to American Indians to Taoists to Muslims to Druids.

My daughter, Justina Mercy, sang a song she wrote, 'Until I Die,' during the credits and at one point during the documentary. Cindy also appeared briefly as she is in her proper places over the stove quoting to the director from Proverbs, 'The mouth of strange woman is a deep pit.' She added to Roger, who is a bachelor, 'You better write that down.'

Afterwards, I was asked to come up on the stage for a continuation of a debate with TV consultant and comedian Stevie Ray Fromstein, who had debated me at UCLA in the film. When did a Q & A, he asked the questions and I gave the answers for about 15 minutes. Stevie said, 'My answers surprised him.'

At the conclusion of the debate a man came out of the audience to shake my hand and explain that he had heard me 27 years ago at Kansas University. He asked, 'Why did you not talk like you did tonight when you visited KU. I have for 27 years been telling people how hateful you were when you visited my campus.' I explained that this is a different venue. Of course, the reality may be that he is the one who has changed and not me. Later he wanted his picture taken with me.

There was a party with appetizers, desserts, cocktails and entertainment at E & O Trading Co. The place was so packed that one could hardly move around. I stayed for over an hour as people came up and talked to me. Everyone was friendly and positive concerning my remarks during the film and the Q & A afterwards. Outside, I engaged in a 15 minute recorded informal debate with a Hindu.

It was a very exciting and interesting evening.
Glad to see the hubbub about street preaching. Yeah! I like the word "hubbub" because it's from a scene right out of Vanity Fair in Pilgrim's Progress. I especially rejoice because of what's happening in Ithaca. Yes, the kingdom of satan in Ithaca is being torn down and the anti-God strongholds are being demolished. I recently considered a music education teaching position in Ithaca College just because of its anti-God strongholds that I could confront, especially in the college classroom. (Because my doctorate is not fully completed, the position was given to another. For anyone who might think this is a disappointment, I'm far from it! No matter what job I'm in, I'm pleased to serve God wherever He has me at whatever times in my life.)
I found the trailer for "The Nature of Existence". It looks like it might be a good movie to see!

Bro
I have finally finshed my Journal, Issue 21. I know it is long, but normally my journal is weekly. This one covers 3 weeks. Sorry, I've gotten behind in my work.

Issue 21 Feb 16 - Mar 6
Thanks, Bro! Good info!
Bro,
Also, thank for offering your help on our regional transformation!
I came across a very well done treatment of street preaching from the historical perspective. Most of the great men of the Bible were street preachers. Noah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, John the Baptist, Jesus, the apostles,.......

Take a look at how central to the creation of the Bible the ministry of Street Preacher is. It can be said that without street preachers, more than half of the Bible would never have been written.

http://av1611.truepath.com/streetsermon.html
I also came across an excellent piece by a Christian girl giving her impressions on her first experience with street preaching. I was amazed at just how insightfull this girl was, so I responded to her. It is a good read to see what goes on as a result of street preaching.

Street preaching is the power of God to expose hearts, to bring to the forefront all the deep secrets of the heart, to bring every person face to face with the truth they don't want to hear.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Street Preaching is at the center of what God is doing in this generation.

Bro

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1, 2021
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2022   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service