This is a message that I had posted on my blog that God laid on my heart to write sometime last week; it is also my first thread on here.

I am sure that the subject heading to this message has everyone puzzled; I know that I would be. Today, as I was woken up by the sound of the telephone, I felt in my heart to read 1 Ti. 2:1-8. the subject heading in my bible was titled, "A Call to Prayer". As I read just the title, I thought that this would be interesting reading. I love prayer because prayer is how we communicate to our Father with Christ being our mediator. This time, something caught my eye and grabbed my heart; it was the first three verses. You talk about waking up quickly, well, this was like dynamite compared to most that use a cup of coffee to get them woken up and going. Many of us have been unsettled in our hearts and in our spirit's (yes, I said spirit's because each us has a spirit(Pr. 18:14), for we are made in the image of God(Gen. 1:26), are we not?) concerning the last 6 or 7 years. Many of us had been upset over how President Bush handled things and now are even more upset with President Obama. I will walk into a store or even an auto shop and hear how Obama is doing this or Obama is doing that. My friends, I have done it myself and I repent of it now in Jesus' name because that was not the way that I or anyone else should handle it(Ja. 3-4). We are to take authority figures and wrap them up in a blanket of prayer and lift them up to the Lord God almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth(1 Ti. 2:1-6). We are to pray for them daily. I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears how President Obama had mocked God's Word and called it James Dobson's Theology or teaching. That is neither here nor there; but yes we have seen limitations and restrictions put upon us on how we are to approach people or speak the Word. We must continue doing it the same as we had before those limitations were put on us. Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego did not bow to the Idol(Dan. 3:1-26) and Daniel did not stop praying to Jehovah our God(Dan.6:10-12). in both examples, the men were sentenced to death by two different ways: The fiery furnace and a den of lion's (meaning more than one lion). Each time, Christ was with them for Nebuchadnezzar said that he had seen a fourth man standing with the other three and the king said that the fourth man looks like the Son of God(Dan. 3:24). When Daniel was thrown to the lion's not one paw or one tooth was laid upon him because God had shut the mouths of all of the lions(Dan. 6:16-22). So, we must continue to speak the Word to the multitudes everywhere(Mat. 28:18-20) and not water it down so it will be acceptable in the eyes of man; but to preach it strongly as The Word has been given to us even if man thinks it is unacceptable or not.

We are to pray for our employers, our supervisors, our mayor, our senator and representatives and lastly for the President of the United States (whoever may be in office, whether we like it or not) and all other world leaders. God has a plan and although we know what God will do when Christ comes back, but what we do not know is what or who that God is going to put in play for His plan to go to the next level. We need to stop saying that "God is going to do it this way" or that "God is going to do it that way". We are not God but Jehovah is; so let us allow Him to be and do what we are instructed to do: Pray for our leaders in authority. There are two awesome books on prayer that I recommend: first, is "The Power of Prayer" by E.M. Bounds(which is in public domain and can be found free on the internet or is available in all  various Bible study computer programs that are free to download. The other book is probably around ten dollars and it is called "The Art of Prayer" by Kenneth Hagin. Some of you may object to Hagin because many classify him in a cult of some sort labeled as, "The Faith Movement" but if we all could put away our animosity, we may find out that a lot of what Hagin, Copeland, Roberts, Duplantis,etc had been saying on certain things, may be 150% correct. Again, God raised them up to be His speakers and none of us has the right to speak against them. Look at Elijah, he prayed for it to stop raining for three and a half years and the rain stopped; when he prayed after that, the next verse says that ". . . The heavens supplied rain and the land produced its crops"(Ja. 5:17-18). That is the power of a faith-filled prayer! Why do you think Jesus wanted his disciples to just pray for even an hour(Mat. 26:36-43), because He knew how powerful prayer is. By speaking badly about our authority figures, we are crippling them spiritually and allowing satan to have his way. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone and I mean everyone began to pray for all of our leaders? I believe that we would see many more saved than which there are and this earth being so prosperous. Daniel prayed 21 days but God heard his prayer the first time and sent an angel with the answer but the he had to overcome spiritual obstacles, with Michael the archangel's help, that were in the way put there by the kings of Persia(Da. 10:1-14).

As we read, there is definitely a reason why we are to pray, and we should take that stand boldly and use that gift of prayer for what it was put here originally for. This is how we spiritually fight everything around us because it is not a physical war but it is a spiritual war and again we keep that full armor of God and wear it everywhere our feet take us(Eph. 6:10-20).  Just as a man is knighted by the Queen of England, so have been knighted(all of us) by God and His Spirit dwells in us and nothing in this world is greater than us for Christ who was resurrected from the dead and is now alive, dwells in us.

May we all have a change of attitude when it comes to anyone that is above us in authority. May we all have a blessed week in Christ Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

In Christ's love,

Dwayne and Lisa Gobin

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You are so right, Katherine!

Katherine Russell said:
    You have it exactly right. This is warfare and when we forget that, we are leaving the door wide-open for the evil one to create chaos in the government, in Body of Christ and in our own personal lives. The whole armor of God contains weapons of defense and weapons of offense. Those weapons of offense are the Sword of the Spirit, (the WORD OF GOD) and PRAYER. These two are our most powerful weapons! And what are weapons for? To fight the WAR that is happening in this atmosphere. We are only called here on a temporary mission, make it count! Line up with the Word of God, pray for those in authority over you so that you might live in 'peace' long enough to win the battle for souls!
  • You have it exactly right. This is warfare and when we forget that, we are leaving the door wide-open for the evil one to create chaos in the government, in Body of Christ and in our own personal lives. The whole armor of God contains weapons of defense and weapons of offense. Those weapons of offense are the Sword of the Spirit, (the WORD OF GOD) and PRAYER. These two are our most powerful weapons! And what are weapons for? To fight the WAR that is happening in this atmosphere. We are only called here on a temporary mission, make it count! Line up with the Word of God, pray for those in authority over you so that you might live in 'peace' long enough to win the battle for souls!
  • Great blog!
    I am sending this to all our members, plus I am tweeting it, too!

For tweeting

One thing we are called to do but don't do http://bit.ly/cQaZyk
  • AMEN! and God Bless you richly!
    Prayer is the most precious time anyone can have with God!
    I have to admit,confess, I have lacked in this area recently and I WiLL get back to what I was given to do.
    PRAY...I love to pray, I pray for everyone and anywhere the need arises. God has blessed me more than I deserve in my prayer time and revealed the most wonderful things and has manisfested HIMSELF in a most awesome way.
    You are very correct in stating that we are to pray for our leaders and ALL in "authority " over us. Whether, we like them or not, whether we believe like they do or not. "If my people will humble themselves.......HE WILL HEAR OUR CRIES AND ANSWER! Praise God! We can ask God to "soften the hearts" of those that seem oblivious to HIS ways and he will. God BLess you and pray for new revelation in 2010 to be revealed to our leaders. In Jesus' Love , Laura
This reply was deleted.