Hello, this is Barb and I work for Kingdom System Integrators a sister company of Kingdom Tapes and Electronics. Would love to discuss this topic with anyone whom has questions. So many people I talk to just assume you can just buy any video projector, put it up and you are seeing a great picture whether you are watching television with it, or DVD's or using Easy Worship, or Power Point. This is so far from the truth, but let's discuss it!!

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you recommend Easy Worship or do you know of any program you recommend more than Easy Worship?
  • Hi Sheryl

I wanted to take a second and read your post and I think there are a few items that I want to share with you about Screen Goo. In 2007 I did a rather large video system install in a church in Florida. This church was also under the same thought process where using a screen was no the way to go and projecting on a wall was. The issue is that Goo System never really thought this would be used in a large format system most Screen Goo is used in Home theater systems for example

I hope you can see that picture.
    Now with that I just wanted you to have both side of the facts Because Yes Screen Goo is great but it is still paint and as you pointed out that does make a difference.
  • The color of the wall and the texture are actually a HUGE factor in why the picture does not look good along with the lumens of your projector... A wall that is sheetrock for exapmle is poursous thus disipating some of the color, where a shiny wall like a laminate paneling gives a real harsh glow. We did not know this till we did all the research for our projector and then got the perfect one for our lighting and hung it and now are hughes are off quite a bit. Wel I started researching on the internet for what we can do and reading about it and i found a site that had screen goo... In essence you paint it on your wall and it makes the actual wall like a pull down screen. Just google it SCREEN GOO... there are several sites that sell it and I went and read all the tech info on it and learned TONS!! WE are going to get it for our church

Barbara Sargent said:
    Good Morning Lisa, sorry to have taken so long to reply. I do not believe the color of the wall is the problem, but more that the video projector and the computer both have different resolutions. If you were to take the projector and take the size of that final image down; you would see a much better picture. When purchasing a video projector, you want the best resolution you can buy. Also the colors in the video projector and the colors in the computer are totally different. When we are installing two video projectors side by side, it is important to know what video projectors you can put side by side that will project the same colors. Very important!!! Thank you for your questions. If I can help with any other questions, please let me know as I will try to be more prompt with my answer. Apologies!!
  • You are very welcome!!! Glad to help - call anytime!!! Blessings Paige!!
  • Thanks so much Barb! And I did find that you were right, there was an issue with a setting in the Easy Worship platform. A few clicks and all was well. I kept the phone number for future trouble shoots. Thanks a bunch! A younger woman in our church just took over the ministry...so this phone number can be part of her tool box for success.
  • You should be able to find that information in a menu or for sure in the manual. Or of course you could quickly google the model number and look up specifications and you should be able to see exactly what the resolution is. Thank you Lisa!! Hope that was helpful!!
  • I and several others can change the computer resolution assuming it is able to handle the required settings. Where/how would I learn the resolution of the projector?

Mike M said:
    Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to give you a few things to check to see if we can help with your resolution problem one thing to check is to see what your computer resolution is, 9 times out 10 you can match it in the menu of your projector(sorry mac people you just have too high of resolutions sometimes) This will let you know if you are outputting SVGA,XGA,UXGA or WUXGA, This will allow us to help you a little more specifically.

Thanks Mike

Lisa said:
    >
    blockquote>
  • Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to give you a few things to check to see if we can help with your resolution problem one thing to check is to see what your computer resolution is, 9 times out 10 you can match it in the menu of your projector(sorry mac people you just have too high of resolutions sometimes) This will let you know if you are outputting SVGA,XGA,UXGA or WUXGA,

This will allow us to help you a little more specifically.

Thanks Mike

Lisa said:
    Barb, why is it that the photo or diagram I select looks great on the computer screen but looks horrible on the wall. Our wall is a very light pink although most see it as white. Is this the problem? Is the video projector limited in the colors it can display? Does it matter where the projector is located? No I don't know what projector we are using. I do know it is much better than the previous model.
  • Hey Dave,

I also would like to take a stab at your question.
    The difference has to do with two factors. Factor one motion vs still, factor two contrast vs brightness.
    Motion video needs both High contrast as well as high brightness to give you the bes image possible. Where as still images or text need much less contrast and brightness is more of a premium.

Not Contrast which has been discussed on this forum before helps motion because it separates colors so the higher the contrast the better is can handle motion video.
    Brightness on the other hand is just how bright what ever image you send the projector is going to project.
    For example I was part of installation in a church in upstate new york that went with a 3000 ansi lumen projector that had an 1800:1 Contrast ration because they wanted to show video clips in the front of the church . However the same church bought a 4000 Ansi lumen projector with a 500:1 contrast ration to use as a reference monitor on the back wall. So as you can see it can get very complex but if you keep a few thing in mind you can always make a good choice.

Dave Knauss said:
    Hey Barb,
    What do you mean by "this is so far from the truth"? Do you mean there are large differences between playing DVDs and playing software such as Easy Worship or Power Point? I guess you can tell from my questions I too must think all video projectors are equal.
    Dave
  • It is probably a Easy Worship issue - but not for sure. There are quite a few variables there. If you would not mind, Dawn Pratt is a salesperson here and she also uses Easy Worship quite a bit. I just talked to her and she asked if you could give her a call after 2:00 pm (PA TIME) She thinks that you just have to make a change within Easy Worship. Sorry that I could not totally help you on this one. Ido not use Easy Worship much. Thank you again for emailing us. Dawn's number would be 1-800-788-1122 and her extension would be #2147
This reply was deleted.