I don't know about you, but lately I have experienced spiritual attacks and I have witnessed them in others. Actually, after the initial period of shock and awe, I am quite encouraged today. I figure that we must be doing something right to bring on such opposition from the enemy. How do I respond? My response today is to put on the garment of prasie for the spirit of heaviness, to lift up my voice to God, to praise Him, and to magnify His name. Why not? He is mightier than any attack, problem, difficulty, or complication. He is worthy to be praised, worshipped and adored! I believe He will work everything out in a wonderful way. I can't help thinking that this concentration on praising Him will prepare me to receive God's loving touch. I also hope that it will make the enemy so sorry that he ever messed with us. So, let's magnify the Lord together today! And please share with me your insight on how you handle the heat of the battle. Thanks!

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Captain Kieth!

Thanks for the great reminder that God is PREPARING us at this time for something wonderful! God loves enough to purify us. I appreciate your encouragement to accept the work of God with joy, to keep standing, and to be heavenly minded. I agree with your heart's prayer----Lord, prepare me!
  • sarahjohns said:
    Katie, Yours is a great example of how to win a spiritual battle! I know this works! I also have found that we are in a "war on words" and we need to know which words are the real truth. The devil is a liar and he wants you to believe he's won in these situations. That's when it is excrutiatingly important to pull out God's Word and remind yourself and satan what God has to say about that situation. A great combination is praise, worship and God's Word, pressing on until you get the breakthrough. Sometimes it doesn't take long, others it is ongoing until you see the victory. Jane Hansen has a great example of how to fight, she tells you to "Imagine you are having an arm wrestling match. As long as you resist and apply pressure, your opponent cannot defeat you, and will eventually succumb. However, if you become distracted and let up for even a moment, your opponent can take advantage of your momentary instability and over take you."
    I am constantly reminded that most times the battle is about much more than what you are aware of or what is right before you, it often has a ripple affect on many others. So just as you fight the good fight and win, others get the victory with you! I'd much rather enjoy being on that side of the situation rather than be used as an instrument to bring others down. We always have to remember it's usually not just about you.
  • Hi Brenda!
    Thanks for your response! It is a privelege to pray for you! I am so blessed to share in the rejoicing with you as God answers the prayers. Some answers we have seen, some we will see. I am standing with you, trusting our loving Lord.
    I also want to tell you that you are an inspiration to me in the way that you praise God even in the midst of pain. Thank you for being who you are in Jesus!
  • Katie,
    I have been under great attack as well this whole winter as you well know and its so important for us to be there for each other in great prayer. When things are so painful to me and I'm in the worst part of the suffering I need the prayers of others, I am unable to do the prayers for myself so I relay on others to do that for me. I thank you all for those prayers I don't know where I would be without them. I know that God loves me and that I'm not alone in this spiritual battle He is with me, holding me up. We also need to sing and rejoice in His love! Worship is the way for me, I just love it so much, and its when I feel the closest to the LORD! It rises me to a place where Satan can't get to! Praise God!! Its also about faith, we need to trust in Him no matter what we are going through, He is in control no matter how bad things seem to be. I believe we are going to need our faith more than ever in the years to come. I hope this helps someone!
    In Christ,
    Bren
  • When I finally realize that the thing is a battle I spend time in Worship and/or prayer. Worship clears my head so that I can focus on whatever God may be trying to say in the situation rather than focusing on my feelings. My attitude will often make a 180 when I make the time to worship. Then I may be reminded of a lesson, or a scripture. At the very least I can finally think clearly and find a way out of the thing. Sometimes someone may tell me the missing piece that makes it clear. I think that spending time in prayer takes it out of our hands and places it in the Lords hands. Then again that is why we pray. The Lord can then fight for us and defeat the problem. Often the thing that I am dealing with is really a prayer need for someone else. You might say that the Lord has made me aware of something that they are unable to carry alone.
This reply was deleted.