What pastors talk about on Twitter

Are you a pastor of a church who is not on Twitter yet? Many pastors are on Twitter, and even the Pope himself recently joined Twitter and started tweeting. Maybe the reason you haven't joined Twitter yet is because you simply don't know what you would talk about. Pastors on Twitter talk about anything from their families to sports to church events and share their favorite quotes and post prayer requests, among other things. Let's take a look at two examples of these types of tweets from different pastors, so you can start thinking about what you might say once you join Twitter:

Church events tweet from a pastor

Cant make it to church today. Go to church live online right now at http://www.churchoftheheartland.com

Tweeted by @pastorhiatt on January 6th

This tweet is letting people know that they can watch church wherever they are, right on the church website.

Tweet requesting church help from a pastor

So, you love Access Church and have been asking yourself, "How can I help?" Thanks for asking... http://bit.ly/SiGFcO

Tweeted by @iamjasonburns on January 9th

Pastors are always looking for new ways to recruit help, and Twitter is one way.

The main thing is, though, that they are people. Pastors don't always tweet Bible verses and church happenings. They make it a point to tell their Twitter followers about their daily lives outside of church as in these tweets:

Read the book. Saw the movie. Guilty on both charges. Loved them both. 

Tweeted by @markjordan on January 8th

Wishing my beautiful wife @nejwinter an awesome and wonderful Birthday! She is the best!

Tweeted by @dajmwinter on January 9th

These simple tweets give a pastor's followers tidbits about their life that let people know they are people too. Remember your favorite teacher? I know all the teachers I've had that I liked were ones that were good at teaching but also told us interesting life stories. It always made class much more enjoyable for me. Pastors that are personable are probably very effective at teaching, as my favorite teachers were.

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.