Where do I go from here?

Many struggle with fruitfulness. Jesus said the fields are ripe! Read what Paul shared.... Paul Mattson said:
Wow ...That was said with brilliance !

My family ..GOD BLESS ALL OF THEM ...highly educated and professional do not share in my belief system . If your Faith is unshakeable then it matters not. I have found, however, that I cannot cram what is written in the Bible into their belief system without consequences ..." Oh grandpa ...sure , I understand ...then the mood with everyone is similar to those old black and white movies from the Bible Belt and grampa is tolerated ...

Nobody seems to want to talk politics or religion anymore in the twenty - first century . When I play golf with a group of friends the topic is off limits because everyone gets agitated and their game is ruined ...My days mainly anymore are like Vito Corleone's..I work in my garden waiting for the big one to happen while the grandkids run around shooting water darts or something and playing ...In a sense, life can't really get any better than that ...BUT I GET FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I HAVE NOT THE ABILITY TO SAY THE RIGHT WORDS .

I have entered the seventh decade in my life on earth ...Where do I go from here ?
How can we get from wishing/wanting to harvest? What are your thoughts?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sometimes family members can be most resistant to hearing the word from us. Obviously you have mentioned the word around them so they already know you are Christian. How about praying that the Lord will put in their path those whom they will receive from and that He will draw them unto Himself. I did this with family members who are now making steps to follow the Lord. It took time and sometimes I gave up for a while. Still the Lord in His time brought them in. It was through the words of another in the same church that they were drawn in. Live the Word in your daily actions as much as you are able. When you settle a squabble between the grandkids try to do it using Biblical principals, just don't tell them where you got the idea. Let your walk do the talking for you. If a moment comes where they are open make a couple of comments and move on. Let it sink in. Those who are highly educated may want to chew on it for a while. They also may not want you to know that your words have hit home.
  • Paul, I know what you mean about people with reservations about talking about politics and religion. I have experienced first-hand this frustration whenever I try to tell my Catholic neighbor about how his religion is in conflict with the Bible, and how his Democratic party is for things God is opposed to - things like murder (abortion) and homosexual rights. Ironically, the Catholic church is one of the biggest proponents of the pro-life viewpoint.

But, does it stop me from opening my mouth about politics and religion? No! I'm not one that usually likes "small talk" unless I know you very well or am comfortable around you. I'm more comfortable talking about controversial issues like politics with people I don't know. It makes conversation much more interesting and purposeful :-)
  • J M J ... PRAY 4 R leaders ... WE COULD DIE BY their DECISIONS ... !

WE GO BACK TO THE BEGINING ( IN THE BEGINNING, THERE WAS "GOD" ) "GOD" COMPLETELY, WITHOUT RESERVATION, WITHOUT QUESTION(hard since we R mere humans) but WE KICKED "HIM" OUT & REAP WHAT WE SEW ! NOW WE NEED TO INVITE "HIM" BACK, FOR THERE LIES ALL THE ANSWERS !

GENERAL ROBERT E. LEE (1863) "SOLDIERS ! LET US HUMBLE OURSELVES BEFORE THE "LORD", OUR "GOD", ASKING THROUGH "CHRIST", THE FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS, BESEECHING THE AID OF "GOD" OF OUR FATHERS IN DEFENSE OF OUR HOMES AND OUR LIBERTIES, THANKING "HIM" FOR "HIS" PAST BLESSINGS, AND IMPLORING THEIR CONTINUANCE UPON OUR CAUSE AND OUR PEOPLE"

(there is more if interested !

GOD Bless,
    kd
  • Three words: Example, Wisdom and Love
    All intermingled. Actions speak louder than words. Do the right.
    Learn when to speak and when to be silent.
    Always love. Walk in the spirit so you have wisdom.
    Share the wisdom with parables, questions, and analogies
    when the timing is right.
    Say silent prayers to bless others or to ask for on-the-spot wisdom.
    Listen to others---get a read on them through the spirit....eyes, motions,
    thoughts----be gentle with them and offer your understanding in
    silence, gentle words, and caring. They can feel it.....and will come to you as they
    trust. Be humble. Be wise. Live it.
  • Dear Friend. Bless you for entering the 7th decade. I don't pretend to have the wisdom to answer your frustration, but I can tell you of my journey, similar to yours.
    John 15 and Philippians 4 bracket a great paradigm. Without Jesus, we are helpless, with Him we are invincible. Hebrews 4 tells of a rest God promised, and that rest is captured by "ceasing from our own labor".
    I was able to let go my frustration and fear, when I realized God loved others, regardless how much I cared for them, far more and more perfectly than I. In the security and promise of God that His love was demonstrated to ALL men in the propitiation of sin, I can enjoy my family, love them, look for open doors of opportunity to speak about faith with co-workers, and none of it is my RESPONSIBILTY for the outcome. I can rest in God's love, and His ability and willingness to use my life and occasional word to change lives.
    In my experience, when I loved others for Jesus sake, and didn't make it a personal mission (though from our perspective the need is urgent) to change them, God used my testimony and life to begin changing those who through my best efforts, I could not.
    I'll pray for you Brother. Love your heart.
    Dave
This reply was deleted.