In the Old Testament, the children of Isreal commerated acts of God by making piles of stones. These piles were a rememberance of what God had done. Today, our rememberences can be much more than piles of stones. We can record and share our stories in writing, CDs, DVDs, etc. In our churches, we keep careful track of our assets: our money, our buildings and our members. Are we putting effort into collecting and utilizing one of our most precious assets - the acts of God in our lives? How do you or your ministry do this?

You need to be a member of KingdomInsight to add comments!

Join KingdomInsight

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd like to share a story that is almost exemplantory of the children of Israel's piles of stones to commerate acts of God. I was in a Bible Study that was primarily about healing our wounds, and letting go of those burdens. One project was to write a personal burden on one large rock, then continue until we had all burdens transferred to the rocks. After everyone was finished, each person had to bag up their rocks (burdens) and bring them back and forth to class several times. They were heavy and burdensome just to carry around, so when we were instructed to get rid of them, everyone was relieved. The idea was to help us "let go"of the burdens that weigh us down, in a very literally sense. I couldn't carry them due to a back injury, so I just dumped them in my garage. I thought, I wanted to turn these burdens into something beautiful, not knowing how they would come about. In my front yard, I had a bench placed under a window that needed something on each side to fill in the space. Wala! a new found home for my burdens, face down of course. I had just enough to make two small piles of stones on each side of the bench. When I watered the yard, I had to cover the bench with plastic to keep it from getting wet, and used several of the stones to hold it down. So now, not only were the stones decorative, but funtional as well. After months went by, in moving the stones, I noticed that the written burdens were gone, faded away by the repeated washing of the water. I was thrilled, as this was so symbolic of Gods' Grace and mercy, turning my ashes into beauty. Like the washing of His word, brings transformation, my little piles of stones now were truely alters of praise. Thank You Jesus!
  • I love God stories I have kept prayer journals where I write prayer requests on one side and the answer on the other side. I am encouraged when I read past journals and see the amazing answers to prayer. I think prayer journals are an amazing way to see Gods finger print on your life.
  • Most often I share my God stories in casual conversation with friends. Sometimes in a small group but often just one on one. My church has an open mic that folks can use to share a testimony or sometimes they have pastors share it for them.
  • I loved what Mo shared! I am going to nominate this thread for the favorite thread drawing!!!!!!!
  • "How do you or your ministry do this? "

In my home, my daughters and I write our blessings and answers to prayers on index cards and tape them to our walls, cabinets, doors ... so that as we pass through our home, we are constantly reminded that God's abundant grace surmounts our needs.

We must take these down and start fresh periodically (because our rooms fill up!) and I put them in an envelope and save them. When I meet someone who is so overwhelmed with crisis or issues in their life and they question their faith in God to carry them through, I give them an envelope of the blessings and answered prayers (which are very very personal) as an offering of comfort that God does hear his children and delights in responding to our prayers in very personal and powerful ways.

Our church publishes God Stories in newsletters and emails as well as plans time during service to show pre-recordings or live testimonies that are relevent to the message.
  • At my church, we show a 3 to 5 minute God story each week of someone from the local community or the church. It has had an impact on visitors, youth, and regular attendees. Sometimes, I have heard the kids talking about the God Stories.

The God Stories are compiled each month by a group of people committed to recording the God Stories. (They record people's God Stories on video each month. The people on the God Stories are from different churches in the local community.)

I really enjoy the God Stories myself! They are encouraging and powerful.
This reply was deleted.