KingdomInsight

Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!

Living Simple. Living Intentional. The 7 Devotions and the 5 x 7 Model.

It may not seem like it, but when you look at the 7 Devotions and the 5 x 7 Model, you see something both simple AND profound.

Don't be frightened by the chart.  :-)  It just helps us see things.    Here is the 5 x 7 Model:

Now, let's look at the list on the left.   These represent the various dimensions in our lives.   There are more dimensions than on the chart, for instance there are our Neighbors, but this gives us a starting point.
The 7 Devotions...  deliberately devoting ourselves to Loving God, Loving our Neighbor, The Great Commission, Apostles's teaching, Prayer, Fellowship, Breaking of Bread.    These need to be lived out in every dimension, see the chart above.
Putting them together...   The 7 Devotions and the 5 x 7 Model..  
       As individuals... we have the opportunity to devote our lives to these seven things.   Much teaching is directed at how to, as an individual live out these types of things.
       As married couples.   There not much teaching on this, except perhaps 'you should go to church together if possible'.    As couples, we have the opportunity to be deliberate in these 7 Devotions.
       Loving God: Praying together, listening or reading the word together and discussing it, reading Christian books together, together reaching out to others, serving together.   We could list our each devotion and think through how to do these as couples.   We should.  This is being intentional.
       As families.    There is VERY LITTLE to no teaching on how to draw our family together to practice these seven things.   We need to learn to do this and share what we are learning.   Please do so!   See one family's journey HERE.
       As small groups.   There is a lot of teaching on this.   The issue is this - if we don't have living out these devotions down as couples and families - we are missing two of the Four Life Pillars.   The pillars of our lives that we need to make sure are properly built in our own lives, aligned and passed on are these:   disciple, marriage, family and church/ecclesia/the body of Christ.
       As congregations.   Often we congregate in local churches.   Most see 'the church' as the starting point.   And, indeed - the preaching of the word and joint worship IS encouraging to those who seek God and everyone else.   However, the congregation needs to be built on the foundation of those who are practicing these devotions in their lives - with their spouses and families.    Is it?   I don't think so!   So, to live simply, to live intentionally, these missing 'stones' need to be reset.  Much of the content on KingdomInsight focuses on how to do this.
       As communities.   It is at the community level that equippers in all 5 of the Gateway Skills can be found:  these are people who equip us to do these key things.   The apostle equips us to plant or start or support new works;  the prophet equips us to perceive what God is saying to me and to test things we hear with truth; the evangelist stirs us up and equips us to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom; the pastor equips us for caring for and guiding others;  the teacher, equips us for imparting what we have learned to others.  We need ALL of these skills to live out the seven things we should be devoted to.
        Equippers for these skills are found at the community level.   One thing we KNOW for sure, at the community level, the body of Christ is divided - this means the equippers cannot do their 'job' very well. 
        How do we 'fix' this?    
        Simple.  It by being intentional.    Look at our NEIGHBOR - the people that God is putting in front of us every day.   When we intentionally join and intentionally devote ourselves to living out these seven things together - like an unexpected miracle, the body connects across a community and those who are gifted to be equippers have the opportunity to equip people.    
        When the church was born, it was connected and the equippers did their job.    We're not connected.    Simple- connect.   Simple-be deliberate.   In doing so, we will rebuild the foundations. 
       We can rebuild.  It is happening.   Now.   You can be part, too.    Let's do it.

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Well Done! Blessings, Scott

RSS

Latest Activity

James Bartlett posted a status
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdsVZ6VLsk This is my 1st attempt at doing a teaching on Youtube"
Jun 1
Juanita added a discussion to the group March to Honor
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita posted a group
Aug 19, 2020
Profile IconAlexandria, Kacee Holmes, Trish and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Aug 19, 2020
Juanita and Pascal Musore are now friends
Jul 13, 2019
Pascal Musore posted a status
"Lets change our world"
Jul 4, 2019
"Prayer that you have made acquaintances with the project, for more information or questions, write to me I am at your disposal"
Jul 4, 2019
"electricity in Africa and around the world, we already have several projects that are in progress, we lack some support from you"
Jul 4, 2019
"People from around the world, I come to you to talk about my humanitarian association which aims to fight against famines, no drinking water"
Jul 4, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke replied to Juanita's discussion Chapter 3. Not my job. in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"What a thought provoking chapter! Interesting that change is only possible if there is hope; Yes I…"
Jun 20, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

Prayer. Learning to be Intentional.

This is a Call to Prayer!When God intends to move, He calls us to prayer.  He is calling.  Let's be…See More
Jun 18, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 16, 2019
Michael is now a member of KingdomInsight
Jun 15, 2019
Ginny Reid Radtke and Juanita are now friends
Jun 14, 2019
James Bartlett replied to Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch in the group 2019 Review of The Seed - Pre-Publication
"A "Church" House, Building, Temple, etc. is the House of the Lord, it is a place we come…"
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett liked Juanita's discussion Preface - The Seed 2019 Pre-Launch
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett joined Juanita's group
Thumbnail

People are confused.   We know how to 'do church'.  Church happens every Sunday morning.   How do…See More
Jun 11, 2019
James Bartlett and Robert H Patrick are now friends
Jun 11, 2019
Profile IconGinny Reid Radtke, James Pollard, Tom Christensen and 2 more joined KingdomInsight
Jun 8, 2019
Juanita's group was featured
Thumbnail

Jun 8, 2019

© 2021   Created by Juanita.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service