Creating a Learning Network for Kingdom Builders!
Think of this framework as a starting point for your community to create your own Shared Standards for Disciple Building. (Framework: simple concepts that frame how things work.)
Standards for disciple building start with me making a resolution to be a disciplined Christ follower, then entrusting these things to others who will teach others as well.
1. The Foundations of our Faith: Bible literacy and Bible defense: growing in understanding and defending
2. The Seven Devotions: Being devoted to God, The Great Commandment, The Great Commission, Apostle’s Teaching, Prayer, Fellowship (Koinonia), Breaking of Bread
3. Connecting: To small groups (think of Jesus and the three or 12); Congregating with others (think of Jesus and the 70), connecting as a community (think of Jesus and the 120)
4. Carrying out our responsibilities in all communities: Natural, Kingdom and Connected or Koinonia.
5. I fulfill my responsibilities: Sacred, Civic, Social, Market
6. The Four Pillars of Kingdom Governance. As I join with others, corporately carrying out responsibilities, we employ The Four Pillars of Kingdom Governance, The 4 Core Ideals: Unity in Diversity, Popular Sovereignty, Democratic Equality, Rule of Law
I develop Kingdom building skills
Planter- Planting or support new works.
Perceiver- Following the leading of the Holy Spirit rejoicing in truth and turn to the Word for discernment.
Proclaimer- Proclaim the good news of salvation through Christ transferring us into his Kingdom.
Caregiver and Guide- Serving and loving my neighbor who God puts in front of me and using my gifts, talents and resources to serve in deliberate ways
Imparter- What I learn I will entrust to faithful people, who will teach others