Framework for Family and Household Building
Think of this framework as a starting point for your community to create your own Shared Standards for Family Building. A good exercise is for families to design a Family Charter and make a family resolution to live by the values outlined in your family charter. (Framework: simple concepts that frame how things work.)
God calls us to build our primary relationships and work outward, building our natural families and the extended family of God, the household of faith.
- We practice the ‘one anothers’, considering that each has unique love languages.
- We need to love one another, be devoted , and give honor to one another
- We should pursue peace and build up one another, try to be of the same mind, avoid dividing from one another, but seeking each other’s good. Accept, admonish, and encourage one another to good deeds.
- We should assemble together, greet each other warmly, serve one another, bear each other’s burdens, be hospitable. We should tell each other the truth, be kind, harmonious, sympathetic, gentle, tolerant, patient, bearing with one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other. We should exhort, reprove, teach, admonish, encourage and build up one another. Plus, speak to each other in psalms and spiritual songs, submit one to another, pray for each other, for our weakness and those things God needs to heal.
- We ought not have unpaid debts, complain about each other, be judgmental or put obstacles or stumbling blocks in each other’s ways, or or practice ‘payback’ or tolerate godless behavior. Be selfish, haughty/conceited toward one another, envying each other, speaking disrespectfully of each other.
- We provide for those family members wherein we have responsibility, we help meet each other’s needs and we share in responsibilities.
- We enjoy each other and life together. We celebrate our family by creating memorable family moments and traditions.
- We work to create proper balance between freedom and boundaries
- We build memories and traditions for our natural family; we honor our extended family; we extend the family of God
- We work to have a positive impact - serving the natural community, serving and extending the Kingdom Community and serving those whom we are especially committed to, our Covenant Communities. We serve God together practicing the 7 Devotions.
See scriptures below